I fell for her.

Unexpected Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school bell rings. It’s 2pm now. Students are all gathering at the seats of the basketball court.

Im University is known for its academic results and thus solely focus on academic aspects. However, once every 3 months, they will conduct an inter-class sports event so that we can show our athletic capabilities. This time around, the sport chosen is basketball. 5 people from each class was chosen to represent their class while the rest would sit in the stands and cheer for their own classes. Theres 5 basketball courts at Im University thus the games were all played simultaneously. Also 1 person is chosen to be the manager of the team to foresee game plans and instruct us. Both Taecyeon and Nickhun were chosen to be representatives for their classes. Yoona and Tiffany were also chosen to be the managers for their different classes. Taecyeon and Yoona were in class 2A while Nickhun was in 2C and Tiffany in 2D.

“Pweet!”

The whistle blows indicating the start of the game. The first game was 2A against 2B so Taecyeon and Yoona were involved in it. It was a heavily one sided game with Taecyeon being the lead. He was fast and his height was also a huge factor to his dominance in the game. He was the tallest one there standing at 1.85m tall. Of course, its not that tall when compared to NBA players but there, he was considered very tall. He was the only one capable of dunking in the class thus made him the ace. It was a one sided victory for them.

“I guess you have some skills other than being annoying huh?”

“Of course. Im smart, athletic, muscular. What else could someone want?”

“Urgh. Stop being so full of yourself. B-b-but, you-u d-did great out there. Congrats on the win”

“Oh Thanks. You were helpful too. Thinking of the game plans.” Taecyeon said while turning around so Yoona wouldn’t see his face turning red.

“You should go rest up. The next game is in a while”

“Yeah Sure. I’ll go sit down for a while”

The games went on and on. They won their games effortlessly until the final match. It was 2A against 2C. Finally, it was Taecyeon  against Nickhun. Nickhun was abit shorter than Taecyeon, standing at 1.80m tall. However, the was the only other person that can dunk too.

“I knew I’d be facing you Taec!”

“Haha. Although we know who’s gonna win but still, good luck!”

“We’ll see about that! Good luck to you too.”

The game started and as expected they were evenly matched. After Taecyeon scored, Nickhun would run and scored. Then Taecyeon would score again. This went on throughout the whole game. The scores were always only different by 2 points.

“We’ve got to start shooting 3-pointers and have 2 people mark Nickhun so that he wouldn’t be able to get to the rim.”

“Arasso!” The boys shouted.

It was the start of the last quarter and they played their hearts out. Due to Taecyeon starting to make 3 pointers, 2A was in the lead. They kept on playing like this. Then during the last 3 minutes of play, Taecyeon was going for the dunk but then a guy from 2C tried to block him but tripped then pushed Taecyeon too hard that it made Taecyeon fall head first.

“Time Out!” Yoona called, rushing to Taecyeon.

“Taecyeon are you okay?”

“Owwww. Y-y-yeah. I’m okay. What about the other guy?”

“Yeah he’s fine but are you sure you’re alright? You fell head first.”

“Really, I’m fine. Let’s just continue the match.”

“Hang on. Omo. Y-y-you’re bleeding. That’s it. I’m subbing you out. Come here with me.”

“Im perfectly fine! I don’t feel hurt anywhere.”

“Whats wrong with you? You need to go to the infirmary!”

“No. I have to stay and win the match.”

“Why are you so fixated on winning the match?”

“Well, you’ve worked hard for this as a manager. I saw you planning strategies for us to win. If I don’t your efforts would’ve been in vain.” Taecyeon stared down.

‘This idiot! It was for me all along. No. I’m the idiot here.’ Yoona thought tearing up a little.

“Come on! Let’s go. Junho, you’ll be taking over the team. I’m bringing Taecyeon to the infirmary.” Yoona held Taecyeons hand and dragged him to the infirmary.

 

“I’m fine. Really.”

“Hold still!”

“OWWWW! What are you doing?”

“I thought you’re perfectly fine? Why does it hurt when I’m applying antiseptic to prevent infection.”

“Obviously it would hurt when you do it that hard!”

“Omo. The smart, athletic and muscular Taecyeon is weak against cuts?”

“Shut up.”

“Hold still.”

‘Her face is so close.’

‘ITS SO CLOSE.’

‘Wow. Her face is so beautiful.’

‘Indeed. Stunningly pretty.’

‘Wait. What am I thinking.’

‘I hate her.’

‘Don’t I?’

“Oww.”

“Keep still. Just a little bit more.”

‘Her face is seriously too close. Why is it so hot. Am I getting flustered? Oh no, I can feel my ears turning red. I hope she doesn’t notice it.’

“Thank god the cut isn’t so deep. Oh. Thank you for doing your best for me. I appreciate it.”

Then their eyes suddenly met when Yoona was still cup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter