Escape

Unexpected Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Her phone rang causing her to awake from her trance.  

She noticed he was still lying on top of her.  

She gently pushed him further down to her lap so she could sit up and answer the phone.  

“Hello?” She answered adjusting her voice.

“Good Evening Ms Im, We’re calling from Estled. We’re calling to remind you that you have made a reservation at 8. Are you perhaps still on the way?”

Yoona looked at the time. It was 8.20.

“Uhhh. I’ll be there in half an hours’ time. Sorry for the delay” She answered scratching her head.

“It’s okay. Please note that the restaurant closes at 11.30. Thank you.”

She steadied herself and stared at the being that was still sound asleep.

‘Should I have canceled the reservation?’ She thought to herself.

‘Nah. We already planned it’.

“Yeobo, wake up.” She nudged him.

“Hmmm. 5 more minutes.” He grunted.

“Come on…. We’ve got to go. We’ve made a reservation and we’re already late.”

“Okay, fineeee.” He caved in.

“Where are we going?” He continued.

“Estled.”

“Aww. I thought I wouldn’t have to dress up today.”

“It’s just for dinner.”

“Okay. Should we bathe together?” He smirked.

“”We’ll never make it there then.”

“I don’t mind” He said approaching her.

“No! Go bathe in the gym bathroom. I’ll bathe in the master bedroom.” She claimed pushing him away.

He laughed heartily before proceeding to take a bath.  

They went ahead and drove over to the restaurant.

The lights were dimmed, that the room gave off a vibe of relaxation and compassion. They sat at the table closest to the window. The restaurant was located at the top of a 50 storey building. They could see half of Seoul from where they were.

People walking home from their daily duties, Couples with arms interlocked going on date nights, co-workers going for company dinners and cars speeding across the motorway.  

The world was alive.  

He was feeling pleasant, and felt he had to share this feeling.  

He grabbed her hand, startling her, but looking into her eyes, they both smiled enduringly.  

The restaurant was filled with romantic melody coming from the piano. The pianist played a slow romantic tune, perfect to get couples to share intimate conversations. The waiter finally arrived with their meal. Pasta for the lady and steak for the man, the waiter politely bowed and ushered himself back to the reception area.  

They shared pleasant dialogues while consuming their meal.  

Before the young couple was finished with their meal, the waiter came back with a cake.

The man was surprised but the lady seems to give a knowing smile.

“Sorry, we didn’t order an-“

“Congratulations on making a hit in Japan. Welcome home dear!” She stopped him midway.

The man looked pleasantly surprised giving her a look that screams ‘What is this for?’

“It was meant to be during the day of your return, but there were things that got in the way. Better late than never huh?” She sniggered.   

“Thank you.” He said holding her hand.  

By now, the other patrons were intrigued.  

Some thought it was a birthday celebration and exclaimed birthday wishes.

The couple just give a warm smile.  

It was a perfect day.

At least in his book.

Like a dream.

But they had to wake up for the next day to begin.  

And so they did.  

--

“Daughter of Lee Woosung, CEO of Eliget was found guilty of executing ual acts towards CEO of OK Corporations”
 


“Taecyeon!!”

“Yes Mum?”

“Don’t Yes me. What happened?!”

“Exactly as what you read mum. But everything’s fine now. Yoona settled it.”

“She knew already?”

“Of course she did. She’s my wife. And she insisted on handling it. I’ll tell you the whole story when we go over. Everything’s fine now, mum.”

“Okay… As long as you’re okay. Take care alright?”

“Alright. Love you mum.”

“Love you too dear.”

--

“Was that your mum?” Yoona enquired.

“Yeah, guess she read the news.”

“The question is, who didn’t? It’s in the front page of most newspapers.”

“Oh well, that’s that. Time to face reality and get back to work.”

“Only for a while right? Till we stabilise stuff? Then vacation right?” Yoona said slyly.

“Mhmm. Oh yeah, I still need to find myself a secretary. Once that’s done, it’ll be easier to arrange meetings and then go for vacation.”Taecyeon said smiling.

“Didn’t I tell you I was going to find you one?”

“Wait, you weren’t kidding?” Taecyeon said surprised.

“No, I wasn’t! In fact, she’s coming in today!”

“What? You’re serious?”

“Yeah! You’ll see her when she gets in!”

“So, it’s a she huh?” He pretended to be happy.

“Heh, don’t worry, I’ve checked up on her. She’s one of the best. Plus, she’s a 10/10.”

“I’m not so keen on appearances now.”

“Don’t worry, It won’t happen again. I promise.”

“Okay then.” He scoffed.

‘Who is this secretary’ Taecyeon thought to himself.

“Well then, I’ll go on ahead first. See you!” Yoona said driving off.

‘Why is she in a hurry?’ He thought.

--

Taecyeon went in his company slowly. He was looking around as he walked through the revolving doors, trying to find a new face.  

‘Hmm who could it be? Maybe she’s already in my office.’

He went in and walked straight to the lift. He started typing a text to Yoona to ask where the secretary is.

He didn’t notice the door of the lift reopened.  

“Good Morning Mr Ok. How are you doing today?” She said cheerily.

The voice played in his ear like music.

It seemed familiar.

He knew this voice.

It was the voice he woke up to everyday. There’s no way of not knowing who this is.

“Yoona?” He said surprisingly.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m your secretary!” She said smugly.

“What? Don’t lie. Come on, I honestly thought you actually got a secretary for me.”

“I did! But she’s not coming in today. She had some papers to get ready. Sooooo.”

“Soooo?”  

“So I came instead! Surprise!”

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah! I’ll be your secretary for two days.”

“You???”

“What. You don’t think I have the skills to be a good secretary?”

“Having the skills isn’t the issue here. I don’t think I’ll get any work done in this case.” He said lifting her chin up with his finger smiling.  

“Taec, We’re at the workplace.”

“Yeah, so? We’re at MY workplace.”

“You can’t just do anything you want at work!”  

“Oh, yes I can. I’m the boss.” He smugged.

‘Well, two can play at that game.’ Yoona thought.

“Well, if the boss orders it, I might just have to oblige.” She said wrapping her arms around his neck.  

They smiled at each other knowing what they wanted.

He pressed the ‘close’ button and throughout the whole journey to the top floor, they both got what they wanted.  

-

During the two days that Yoona volunteered to be Taecyeons secretary, he wasn’t able to get much done. They would always be distracted by each other after trying to focus on work. Talking about other things was just more fun than work. There was no one that can supervise them. He is the boss.

-


The days then finally went by and the supposed secretary was schedu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter