Forgotten Past

Unexpected Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I drove to the main office and was escorted by the secretary from the moment I got out of my car. Since it was the first day of work, the employees were all waiting on the basement floor in a line welcoming my arrival.

“Good morning Sir. Welcome. I hope your journey here was a pleasant one.”

“Uhm, Yeah. I thank you all for waiting. You can all continue with your respective routines. Oh by the way what’s your name?”

“Oh. My apologies. My name is Rebecca. I was your fathers’ secretary.”

“Oh yes, I see. Thank you for helping my father all this while. I hope you’ll do the same for me. Hope to be in your care.”

“Well thank you. But I’ll only be your secretary for a while longer. It’s about time I retire also. I’m still in the process of employing a new secretary. Once I’m done I’ll probably be retiring.”

“Well that’s sad to hear. It would be an honour to have you since you have so much experience.”

“Oh my. You’re so good with words. Who did you take that from? It definitely wasn’t your father. Haha. Im already old. It’s time to pass the torch. Well then, shall we go? I’ll run through stuffs that you need to do since you’re still new to this.”

“I see. Thank you. Lets’ go.” 

 

---------------------------------------

“Welcome Miss Yoona. I hope you had a comfortable journey from home.”

“Yes thank you. Are they all here to welcome me?”

“Yes. It would be great if you could give a speech.”

‘Wow. Theres so many people here. Is this what Taecyeon is facing through also? A speech? Uhh.’

“Uhm. Thank you for waiting patiently for my arrival to welcome me. I know I might still be inexperienced but I hope to fulfil your expectations. I will work hard like how my father has for his whole life. Please take good care of me”

The employers who were there were all clapping to appreciate the speech given.

“Well then, I’ll explain to you more details as we go up to your office.”

“Okay sure.”

“My name is Ara and I’m your secretary. My mum was your fathers’ secretary so I hope that I’ll be able to serve you as well as my mum did.”

“Ah! So you’re Ms Minhee’s daughther? I see. I hope to be in your care”

“Yes I am. Yes I hope we will get along well. Oh. I didn’t ask this before but what would you like to be called as? Mdm Yoona, Miss Im or Mrs Ok?”

‘I smiled a little when I heard Mrs Ok. That sounds old though.’

“Hmm. Madam just sounds old. Mrs Ok too.”

“So, Miss Im then?”

‘If I use Mrs Ok, people will know I’m Taecyeons wife. But I guess it’s better to be called Miss Im.’

“Uhm I guess.”

“Okay Miss Im, I’ll go through your schedule for today.

 

 

After a few hours of going through proposals I finally got a break. My phone rang.

 

“Hey.”

“Hey. Are you done with work?”

“I just finished. Are you?”

“Yeah I just got done with work. Do you wanna have dinner? I’ll pick you up.”

“But I drove to work.”

“It’s fine. I’ll just send you to work tomorrow also.”

“Hmm okay! I’ll go make reservations now.”

“Okay. I’ll be there in about half an hour time. See you.”

“Aren’t you forgetting something?”

“Hmm? What?”

“I love you”

“I love you too” 

------------------------

“I believe that is all that I have to do today right Rebecca? All of my schedules are done right?”

“Yes Mr Ok. You’re adapting very fast. No wonder you scored so high for tests. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah thanks. You’ve worked hard today. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

And with that, my first day of work is finished. I went to pack up my things and also some documents that I might want to discuss with Yoona. I went down the lift and drove to Yoonas’ workplace.

 

 

 

I arrived at her office. She was already waiting for me.

“So how was work?”

“It’s still quite hectic. I’m gonna need a few days to adapt to the situation and introduce myself to the shareholders How about yours?” Yoona said while closing the car door and giving a quick peck on my cheek.

“Are you seducing me right now?” I said smirking.

“Wha-. Maybe? So how was it?”

“It was fine. I’ve already got everything under control. I’ve adapted well and gave my introductions to the shareholders already. Not like somebody else.”

“Hey! What a showoff.”

“Hahaha it’s because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter