After-Party

Thinking Out Loud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: 

Please leave some feedback!

Hope you enjoy reading!

 

XX

It is not as if the end of Roommate comes as a complete surprise to Jackson.  The staff instructs the roommates to clear out their personal belongings on the last filming day.  The last day of the lease to the Seongbuk-dong share house is looming, circled menacingly in red on the PDs’ and production crews’ calendars. 

 

There is no new house. No one tells them when to return from the break to start filming season three but still, Jackson holds out some hope that it is not over.  He wordlessly throws the last of his clothes into his suitcase, purposefully does not say goodbye to Youngji when he leaves.

 

When the final word comes down from the network that the show is cancelled, he is overseas in the middle of GOT7 fan meetings.  If he were really being honest, he is already half expecting it.  He has been trying to convince himself that he has moved on from a state of denial to acceptance in the two weeks since filming ended.

 

It does not work. Jackson mopes for the rest of the day and goes to bed early blaming a headache, but everyone knows the real reason why.

 

XX

He is happy to receive a call from the PDnim a few days later about a Roommate after party and immediately RSVPs without checking his availability  with his manager first.  He has schedules leading up to the start of and the morning after he has to fly to Taiwan, but thankfully, that night is free.

 

His manager hyung does not want to say yes at first because Jackson may be willing to forgo sleep, but he certainly isn’t. GOT7’s growing popularity is evident in their packed schedule that includes many overseas trips and a concert tour in America in the next few months.  

 

In the end though, his manager just doesn’t have the heart to say no. Especially, when Jackson turns on his famous puppy dog eyes.  Win.

 

See U there?

 

Jackson quickly taps into his line chat and hits send.  He just got back to South Korea two days ago, and is not even sure if Youngji is in the same country.  He hopes.

 

Three gray dots appear on the screen almost instantaneously.  He finds himself holding his breath while he waits.  The phone buzzes in his hand.

 

Of course. I wouldn’t miss it.

 

Jackson’s face splits into a wide grin.

 

He (finally) exhales; inhales a long breath.  Excitement and air fill his lungs.

 

XX

The night of, one of his schedules runs over time and Jackson finds himself arriving late when everyone is already in the middle of their dinner.  He spots Youngji easily from across the crowded restaurant, mid laugh at something Gookju must have said, mouth open wide with abandon.  His heart clenches slow. God, he missed her.

 

His entrance draws everyone’s attention, and her eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter