Soulmates

Thinking Out Loud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XX

Jackson cannot help the flutter in his heart and the glazed gleam in his eyes as he steals a glance at Youngji in the living room.  Immersed in her workout, she is oblivious to his attention.  That or it happens so often that she catches his eyes fixed on her from across the room, that she is used to the heat of his gaze, welcomes it even.

 

She steps forward on the mat with her right leg slightly bent, left leg extended straight behind her, eyes forward and arms outstretched wide.  Jackson doesn’t know much about yoga, but he knows this is the “Warrior pose”.

 

Her hair is pulled back into a low ponytail with a few wisps of hair having come loose in the front.  They flutter against her steady exhale of breath as she slowly prepares to transition into the next yoga position. A fine sheen of sweat has started to coat her skin.

 

He’s mesmerized by the sight of her, has been really from the start, ever since the first fateful meeting. 

 

Now, though, he is hyperaware of each movement she makes: the extension of her fingertips, the flex of her calf muscle under her black yoga pants, the rustle of her workout top as it slides up further on her rounded belly. 

 

His smile widens into a toothy grin, unable to hold back an expression of complete happiness, causing a crinkle around the outer corners of his eyes. 

 

Babies number two and three are in there:  twin boys expected in four and a half more months. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter