Lunchdate, Part 2

Thinking Out Loud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
One-Word Prompt Series #4:  Lunchdate, part 2

 

Author's Note:  So, this installment took a VERY fluffy turn.  Prepare for mush. 

 

Jackson and Youngji quickly settle into an enjoyable lunch with various dishes including grilled eel, which is good for replenishing their strength and stamina.  While eating they laugh and reminisce over their shared memories of Roommate and of the day they played around in the mudflats and caught eels for dinner. 

 

Jackson recalls how Youngji was the first to reach into the water and catch an eel with her bare hands. It is one of the first of many instances where he is witness to Youngji’s fearlessness.  It is admirable how she never hesitates to try anything new and always does so wholeheartedly whether it is an aerial flip or beatbox or becoming an actress.

 

“Wang Jackson! Were you even listening to me?”  He comes out of his reverie to Youngji waving her hand in front of his face.  He tells her no, and she shakes her head at him.  “I can’t believe you just dropped me in the mud like that. You know, my was sore the entire plane ride to Japan.”

 

Jackson stuffs a bite of food in his mouth to mask his snicker at her complaints. He knows exactly what she is referring to; it is the day at the mudflats, the sun is setting, the other roommates have already left the mud field to clean up and as usual, they stay behind and play around some more.  When the PD sends his helicam up for one last aerial shot, Jackson is feeling playful and scoops Youngji up into his arms.  Unfortunately, he gets a cramp in his legs, the pain shooting up his thigh and he unceremoniously drops her into the mud with a thud.

 

“Yah, it’s not funny.” Youngji admonishes, but he sees her fighting back a smile.  “Hara unnie threatened to switch seats with the manager mid-flight because I was moving arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter