(7/?)

[HunHan] Fast Forward, Stop, and Play.

CHAPTER 7: 


"I want vanilla." 

"Just vanilla, Kyungsoo? What about sprinkles?" Luhan wiggles his eyebrows as he poked Kyungsoo's sides, drawing laughter from the young one as they hold hands, waiting in line for their order to be taken. "And hot fudge?" 

"O-okayy.. Hanhan.. stop." Kyungsoo protests in a fit of giggles, hands playfully pushing Luhan's insistent fingers away. 

Sehun grins at the sight of the two. Usually Kyungsoo is very quite and distant with strangers, but he seems to have taken a liking to Luhan. He feels the tug of a full smile pulling at the corner of his lips. 

As the pair quiets down, Kyungsoo looks back at him for a second and catches Sehun mid-smile. The young one tilts his head thoughtfully for a moment.. then turns his head back to stare at the colorful ice cream menu near the case register, hand still holding onto Luhan's. "Hanhan, hot fudge. I want lots of hot fudge." 

"Ok! Extra hot fudge, it is!" 

"Ask Hunhun what he wants~" Kyungsoo tugs at the older's hand. 

He almost laughs. He knows what he's having. He taps Luhan on the shoulder and mouths to him "strawberry hot fudge" and the other nods, eyes sparkling with amusement, before turning back to a smiling Kyungsoo. 

He feels his phone vibrate from his coat pocket and fishes for it. 

 

YUNHO: Are you kids ok? Text me for anything. 

SEHUN: You worry too much, old man. 

YUNHO: Where are you? 

SEHUN: Jeez, you're worse than mom. 

YUNHO: You know that's not true. Where are you? 

SEHUN: The ice cream shop near our place. Chill, hyung. 

YUNHO: Kyungsoo needs to take his nap soon, I'll pick him up in half an hour. 

 

Sehun rolls his eyes before typing, "Ok" and hits on send. He pockets his phone and realizes Luhan and Kyungsoo are already winding their way to a booth at the back of the shop. He follows them, a spring in his step.


***


"Can you live with us, Hanhan?" Kyungsoo blurts out, round eyes expectantly trained on Luhan - who almost chokes on his spoonful of ice cream.

"Kyungsoo!" Sehun admonishes, almost swatting the kid on the head in embarassment. Kyungsoo looks up at him from his seat and pouts. Sehun's eyes flit to Luhan, who is sitting across them. He feels his face warm up as the older raises an eyebrow at him. 

He sees Luhan take a deep breath as he places his spoon in his empty sundae cup, a small smile forming on his lips. Kyungsoo had hung his head down at Sehun's reprimand; Luhan lifts his chin gently with the tips of his fingers so their eyes could meet. "What made you ask that, Kyungsoo?" 

The young one bites his lip, "You make HunHun smile. Hunhun..." he steals a look at Sehun, who's face is slowly draining of its color. "I don't want Hunhun to cry anymore." 

"Oh." Luhan's hand slowly retreats from Kyungsoo's face as he grabs the glass of water in front of him and gulps it down.

"Coz Hunhun gets lonely.. you see." the young one continues, to Sehun's horror. He leans forward towards Luhan and whispers, tiny hands using the edge of the table as leverage, "Girls are eww.." he scrunches his nose, like all girls have deadly cooties and adds, "I can't always be there for him, Hanhan. I have school, you know." 

He braces himself as Luhan blinks at the Kyungsoo's words, ignoring the slight tightening of his chest at the realization that the little one worries about him. "Well, that's thoughtful of you Kyungsoo.. thinking of Hunhun.." the older looks at him quizically and he meeps. Sehun thinks now would be a good time for the ground to open up and swallow him whole. He feels the heat of secondhand embarassment creeping up from his face to the tips of his ears. 

Satisfied with sharing his thoughts about Sehun's single-blessedness, Kyungsoo settles back in his seat and amuses himself with the remnants of his sundae treat.. and Luhan.. Luhan's eyes are on him, boring holes into his face he thinks. He can't really look at the older man.. he fidgets a bit as he focuses his eyes on the paper napkin in his hands. "Uh.." 

"Someone call the doctor~" his phone wails, cutting the tension that's slowly forming around them. Please let it be Yunho, he pleads silently. He plucks his phone from his pocket and answers, "Hello?" 

"I'm near the ice cream shop. You guys are still there, right?" 

"Uh.. yeah." 

"Ok, tell Kyungsoo. Hanging up now." 

It's Yunho, with his impeccable timing. Relief washes over him. He eyes Luhan, who is now reaching over to Kyungsoo's side to wipe something off the young one's cheek.  

"Kyungsoo, let's get your stuff from the car.. Yunho hyung will be here in a minute." He almost squeezes his eyes shut, anticipating the young one to ask why Yunho has to whisk him away from them two. 

But Kyungsoo only nods. He looks at Luhan, then back at Sehun.. a small playing on his pouty lips. "Ok." 

 

***  


"So.." He hears Luhan say, "He's..." 

"Minah's." Sehun finishes the other's sentence for him. They are sitting on a bench beside each other, facing the Han River. Their surroundings are fairly quiet, save the gurgling noise the running water makes. "She got really sick after giving birth to him.. and.." 

"And?" 

"She's recently passed.. I'm all that he has now." 

"Oh. I'm sorry Hun.. I didn't know.." 

"It wasn't something I.. She's been in pain for years. She's at a better place now, I think." 

"I'm sure she is..." Luhan murmurs.. "What about Kyungsoo's dad?" 

"The douche disappeared before he was born." 

"Oh.." 

"I.. I sorta had to make up for the bastard's absence. Not that I mind or anything.. Soo's become such a part of my life.." his voice breaks a little, but he reels in his emotions. He feels Luhan's hand reach for his own. He welcomes the warmth, relishing the heat passing between them as their fingers intertwine.

"How are your parents..?" 

"Mom's in Switzerland.. getting treatment.. Dad's with her." Sehun shares.. "They might be there for a while." 

Luhan holds his hand and squeezes.. "I'm sorry.. is it.." 

"Yep.." Sehun nods, "Same one as before. Doctors say there's still hope. Mom's a fighter anyway. You know how hard she fought back then..she'll pull through the chemo."  

"Is that why you moved back here to Korea?" 

"Yeah.. Mom and dad thought it might be better for Kyungsoo." He sighs.. "And me." He forces a smile as he meets Luhan's concerned gaze. "At least we'd have an extended family here to interact with. Mom didn't want Kyungsoo to see her going through the treatments. So he thinks they're just on vacation or something."  

Luhan nods in understanding. ".. Sehun.. It must be hard."

"It is.." He looks away and kicks a small rock by his foot, "But I think Mom's getting better.. and.. Kyungsoo isn't doing so bad here." 

"Kyungsoo's a good kid." 

He turns his head and smiles at Luhan, "He is. Such a sweet kid. I'd do anything for him." 

"I bet. You're almost like his dad.. or something." 

"Lu.." 

"Mhmmm.." 

"I.. About Shanghai.." It's been years already.. but he feels the need to explain himself. "I was at the airport... I..." 

 

*** 


"Yunnie.." 

"Uhuh?" 

"Can Hunhun marry a boy?" 

"WHAT." He almost jumps out from driver's seat. He mutters a prayer of thanks under his breath that they're already in the basement parking lot of Sehun's condo and that he's already killed the engine. 

"Can Hunhun marry a boy?" Kyungsoo repeats, as he fishes out a crumpled piece of paper from his small schoolbag and shows it to Yunho. "See? My friend Chanyeol says to have a happy family, I need two parents." 

Yunhoo lets his gaze fall to the paper Kyungsoo is holding. It's a fairly simple drawing. There are 3 stick figures with alternating heights holding hands.. their faces smeared with red smileys. Kyungsoo looks at him and points at the tallest figure, "I have Hunhun.." then the tiny one on the middle "there's me," then the other tall figure with a question mark over it's head, "and this could be Hanhan.." 

"Kyungsoo.." Yunho starts.. not sure what to really say to the kid. "I.." 

"Can a boy be a mom, Yunnie? Halmoni said she'd pick a nice mom for me." Kyungsoo's brows are furrowed as he smooths out the edges of the paper. "But I like Hanhan. He feels nice and warm when he hugs me. And he makes Hunhun smile." 

Yunho is speechless.  

"Can't I have 2 dads instead? Hunhun looks at him different.. like he's special." Kyungsoo whispers, as he carefully folds his drawing and tucks it back into his backpack.. humming a tune that only he recognizes. "I just want Hunhun to be happy, is all." 

"Me too, Soo.." Yunho smiles wanly, ruffling the young one's hair. "Come on, let's go up so you can take a nap, ok?" 


***

 

A/N: A fairly short update.. OTL tis a transition chap. No flashbacks here. Thoughts on baby soo?? Yunho? lolz. If time permits, I might update again tomorrow. *crosses fingers* Drop a comment??