The Last Time

My Answer Is You

Everyday then, Chen locked himself up in the room to do only one thing- cry. He did not eat. Did not drink. Even if the phone ringed, he did not answer. Xiumin did call but Chen did not want to answer. He was afraid that he would feel even sad to hear his voice. But everything had a limit. Chen needed fresh air. He wanted fresh air. He wanted to start anew. He wanted to forget about his past. His torturing past. The past that he wished not to face. 

As soon as he opened the door, he could feel the light cooling breeze brushing across his face. He smiled as he inhaled the fresh air. He began strolling down the road with the rustling of leaves as the background music. He began to sing a song "My answer is you".

I may look strong

Even laughing, but actually I am so alone

I always look like no worries and speak alot

The first time, I felt so attracted by you 

Xiumin's smile came to his mind. 

Walking around can't say a word

The answer is you

My answer is you

I have shown you all of mine

You are my everything

I am sure

I'll be more careful and protect you

So your heart will never get hurt

I felt like I was out of breath when we first met 

The scene of Chen and Xiumin's first meeting replayed in his mind.

In my head, all I'm thinking is you

Your facial expression, even hear your laughter

Just then, Chen could feel someone strangling him. Chen tried to gasp for air as he hit the hands that were now tightening around his neck. 

"Young Man, what did you tell my Babe? Huh? What did you do to him to make him lose feelings in me?" 

It must be Luhan... Chen thought. 

"L-Luhan, l-let go of me!" Chen spoke with much effort.

"Never! If I don't get Xiumin, no one can have him!" The pain was getting unbearable. Chen could feel himself going to faint. Just then, Luhan gave a deafening scream as he fell to the ground, letting go of Chen.

"Chen, are you alright?"

It was Xiumin! Still laying on ground, Chen could see Xiumin's worriedly face. In Xiumin's hands, he could see a knife stained with blood and Luhan at the back with fresh crimson red blood oozing out from his abdomen. Chen's eyes widened. He could not apprehend the situation. 

"Xiumin, did you just... just..." 

"Yes I did..." Xiumin replied as he knew what Chen wanted to ask.

"How could you..."

"I have to save you! Because I like you!" Xiumin yelled.

"But-"

"Police is here!" Some bystanders shouted.

"Xiumin, run!" Chen said.

"No. I don't want to."

"Why?"

"Because I will still be caught in the end... I want to be with you at the last moment... Before I leave..."

"B-But aren't you with Luhan?"

"No... I broke up with him after you talked to me that day... Before that, I already had confused feelings... I did not know who I had feelings for. But after that, I knew the answer... It was you..." Xiumin's voice trailed off.

Right at this moment, the police had came. They quickly handcuffed Xiumin and apprehended him. 

"It seems that this is my farewell to you... Bye Chen..." As the police slowly guided Xiumin to the police car, Chen stood up on his feet and continued with the last part of the song.

The answer is you

My answer is you, only you

I have shown you all of mine

You are my everything

I am sure

"Wait" is the word that I can't let go

I was wondering how's your day the whole time

I'll wait for you

Please open your heart

I can't help my heart

You are my everything

Everlasting

My Love 

Please don't leave me

Just stay by my side

No matter how you think

It's you

It's you

It's you 

When the song ended, Xiumin was already at the front of the police car but he still whirled his head around to see Chen. Both of them had the tears in their eyes. 

"Bye..." Both said in unison and the tears fell. They knew their separation will be long but they are not bothering by it because they were already in each other's heart... In each other's mind...