The First But Last Step

My Answer Is You

The following day, Chen quickly drove to Xiumin's house using the address that Xiumin had passed to him when Chen drove him back. As soon as he reached there, Chen pressed the doorbell button repeatedly. He also knocked on his door as loud as possible.

Just then, the door opened. But it was a unknown skinny man standing right in front of him.

"Who are you? Who are you looking for?" 

"I'm looking for-" It was then he heard Xiumin's voice.

"Luhan, who's that?" Soon, Chen could see Xiumin dragging his feet while rubbing his eyes lazily. Chen eyes widened.

"Xiumin! Xiumin!" Chen yelled as he attempted to push the door open to go to Xiumin. Upon hearing that, Xiumin jumped up with a start as he walked away as fast as possible.

"Excuse me? Please leave! My babe needs rest and don't disturb us!" Chen gaped upon the words. 

"You're Luhan right? Let me just talk to Xiumin for a short while. Please... Then I won't disturb you anymore..." Chen pleaded. Seeing Chen so pitiful, Luhan peeked in the house to signal Xiumin to come over. Xiumin unwillingly walked over.

"Babe, go talk to this young man. He seems too pitiful for me to ignore..." Luhan said as he gave Xiumin a gentle push to Chen.

"Xiumin, come with me to the playground on the ground floor. We'll talk there." Chen said as he dragged Xiumin by his wrist, not allowing to be stopped by Luhan.

When they arrived at the playground, they both could feel the awkwardness filling the air, surrounding them. 

"Xiumin, nice to see you again..." Chen broke the silence. Xiumin gave a short sweet smile to Chen.

"That smile... Is what you gave me when we first met..." Chen sighed as he closed his eyes and smiled, remembering the time he met Xiumin. Xiumin closed his eyes and sighed too, remembering the same moment.

"Xiumin, why did you hang up my phone yesterday..." Chen went back to his main point. Xiumin opened his eyes and hung his head low.

"Chen, I'm back with Luhan." The words struck Chen, as if they froze Chen.

"Xiumin, you know... if you didn't exist, my life would not be that awesome... Like how your smile brightens up my day..." Chen sighed as he scrolled to the picture of Xiumin's sweet smile in his phone.

"Chen-"

"You know how much I missed you... You know how much I really want you... Do you know that every moment I'm thinking of you..." 

"But Chen-"

"Xiumin, but now you say you're back with Luhan... Do you know how much I want to tell you the words I've kept in my heart? That I really really love you..."

"Chen!"

Chen stopped talking. He could feel the tears that were ready to fall.

"Chen, well I don't love you... So give up on that wish... Because... You'll never fulfil that wish ever again. Never ever. So stop waste my time waiting for me... I don't deserve your love... Find someone else better than me!" Xiumin said. It was as if those words set fire to Chen's heart, burning, hurting his heart. Chen's tears fell to the ground. He turned away from Xiumin as he did not want Xiumin to see him crying.

"Okay okay... I understand now. Bless you Xiumin..." Chen said as he walked off while wiping his tears.

Seeing Chen's back view, Xiumin cried as he mumbled,"Chen... Sorry... I have to do this for your own happiness..."