The Meeting

My Answer Is You

Chen was sitting at the usual spot under a shady tree, reading his favourite story book. He loved sitting at that spot as the light breeze always brushed across his face. Just as he was about to reach the , suddenly he was squashed by a boy who had fell onto him. Chen sweared out loud as the pain was unbearable and unexpected. He quickly pushed the boy off him. With a frown, he stood up and began brushing dirt off his shirt and pants. 

Just then, the boy who had bumped into Chen, quickly stood up and whirled around. 

"Hey! Are you alright?" The boy asked with a worried tone. Upon hearing that voice, Chen's frowns disappeared. It was a voice, a tone that he had never heard before. That angelic voice. That sweet tone. When Chen looked at the boy's face, his heart beat stopped for a second. Chen could feel his face turning as red as a tomato. Soon, he was lost in the thoughts and admiration of the boy's face who was standing right in front of him. 

"Hey! Are you okay?" The boy asked again as he waved his hands in front of Chen, attempting to catch Chen's attention. Just then, it broke Chen's train of thoughts. Chen quickly regained his composure and nodded his head, causing the boy to break into a smile. 

"Alright! Sorry about that by the way!" The boy said as he rushed off.

By the time he left, Chen could feel his heart racing quickly. He could not forget about that smile that was plastered on the boy's face. That smile to others might just be a smile but to him, it was the sweetest smile. The warmest smile. The most perfect smile... Chen gave a slight grin as he walked off.