The Past

Hate vs Love

 

Hyoyeon was dumbfounded at her own words; she promised her father that she won’t let Taeyeon know about her parents past.

‘I wasn’t supposed to tell you this…just forget about what I’ve said…it’s not important…’ Hyoyeon tries to make excuses.

‘Aunt Hyo…as their daughter I deserve to know about them…please tell me…’

‘I…Don’t force me Taeyeon…’

‘You’re hiding something…’

‘I’m not!’ Hyoyeon raises her voice at Taeyeon.

‘Fine! You don’t want to tell me so be it!!’ Taeyeon sulks and she runs into her room and slam the door hard.

Hyoyeon’s eyes wide open because she disbelieves what just happen between she and her niece. Usually the two of them are the very best of friend but with Taeyeon sudden outburst made the younger girl feels bad.

She sighs and look down on her ring, the ring that Taeyeon’s mother gave to her and she promise to her sister in law that if the time is right…Taeyeon should know about what happen between the Jung and the Kim because she believed that her daughter is the only person who can stop this madness.

‘Miyoung unnie…do you think it’s the right time to tell her right now?’ Hyoyeon talks to the ring though she knows she will not receive any answers.

‘I need a strong drink before I can tell her this personally…’ Hyoyeon gets up to get herself a glass of liquor.

 

 

Yulti’s house

 

Yuri’s already in the bed snoring away while Tiffany is unpacking their stuff. Though they had been living there for a week but they still have a lot of unpacking need to do.

Tiffany actually complaining while she unpacking the boxes because she a few minutes ago she asked Yuri to help her but…

 

 

Flashback to 10 minutes ago…

 

‘Yuri ah…I think we need to get the boxes unpacking…I don’t want our things to rot in there for decades…’ Tiffany suggested as soon as she steps out from the bathroom with her bathrobe.

‘Emm…’ Yuri moans softly to answer her.

‘Then…will you help me to arrange the stuffs in it perspective place?’ Tiffany asked again but this time she’s applying some moisturizer on her face.

‘Okay…’ Yuri replies with her eyes while laying flat on their bed.

‘Yuri-ah! Can you help me to put on the lotion on my back?’

‘Emmm…’ were the only words she said before dozing of to sleep.

Tiffany feels weird at her reply so she spun her head and she saw that her wife already sprawling on the bed and snoring away.

‘Aish…jinjja…’ she gets up from the mirror and walk to the bed ‘Yah…Yuri ah…wake up…’

Yuri didn’t move a muscle at her wife order.

‘What…are you really planning on letting me do this thing alone?’ Tiffany slightly kicks Yuri’s leg that was dangling from the end of the bed edge.

Yuri just groans and tosses to the other side hugging Tiffany’s hello kitty doll.

‘What kind of ‘Husband’ are you?’ Tiffany grunts and leaves her alone.

 

End of flashback

 

While unpacking for the stuff she found a pink diary and she wonder who is it belong to.

So because of her curiosity she opens up the diary

 

11/3/1987

 

Dear diary,

Today I meet up with that cool guy again…Jung Yunho…*sigh* I wonder if he will ever notice my feeling toward him?

 

‘Wait…Jung Yunho…that’s daddy…’ Tiffany flips to the front page and she read the name of the diary owner. ‘Kim Jihyeon…what the…’ then she flips back to the page she stop and continue reading.

 

Oppa always scold me for falling in love with him…but I can’t help it…he’s so cool…that until that Kwon Jiyoung steps into my life. Daddy wants me to engage to him. He’s all that girls ever wanted but…I don’t think he’s cooler than my Yunho oppa! And there’s again…his step sister…Jung Miyoung…she’s really something! Today I found out that Yunho oppa actually had a crush on her but seriously! She’s his sister!! Well yes…a step sister…she’s his foster sister that’s mean they don’t have any blood related…but it still hurt…whenever I see they together…ah! Today is the worst day of my life! I got engaged to the guy whom I don’t know…and I found out my one and only crush had a crush on his own sister!

 

‘I wonder who is Kim Jihyeon? Wait she mentioned that she’s engage to Kwon Jiyoung…Yuri is from the Kwon family…could this be…her mother’s diary?! Daddy had a sister before? Why he never tell us? She even had the same name as mine! Miyoung…is this some kind of coincidence or…fate? And and she had a crush on my dad before?!! ’ Tiffany shrieks and she flips to the next page.

 

 

15/3/1987

 

Dear diary,

Today is Jaejoong oppa’s 20th birthday! He invited all of his best friends to our house to celebrate! And guess what?! He invited his best buddy Mr. Cool! Ah! Can’t believe oppa invited Yunho oppa to come!

I was shocked when I open the door for him and I saw his charming smile! He was so dashing tonight! He even tag his precious sister with him…that’s really pissed me…but somehow…later on…I found out that oppa blushed when he Yunho oppa introduce his sister to him. Ah! I get that look! My brother likes her! Well he had been her fans since they were in high school…my oppa was the senior…and she’s the junior…she’s 19 same old as I am…but she got that radiant that make all of the boys fall for her! Geez…I’m beautiful too except for a little tanned…but anyway…my fiancé he’s quite dashing too tonight…^^ teehee someone even praise him…and they said ‘Ooh! Jihyeon you must be a lucky girl to have him!’ but I don’t feel lucky at all…*sigh* but then…a weird idea pop out from my mind…’Mission to make Yunho oppa jealous!’ but it failed…epic failed…cause in the end…it’s me who fell into the pool not that girl! Ugh! I hate her!

Then I got scolded…not just by my dad and his irritating newly wed wife and my oppa…but also by my handsome Yunho oppa! I cried my heart out after the party and what I wasn’t expect is that for Jiyoung oppa to stay and comfort me….maybe I was wrong in rejecting him…he’s a nice guy…so I told myself…I will learn to love him…if I could forget that Jung…

 

 

Taeyeon’s apartment

 

Hyoyeon hardly can find any liquor in that girl’s house so she had to go out to get herself one and she gulp it down in one breath and then she inhale heavily before she knock on Taeyeon’s door.

 

Knock knock

 

‘Go away!’

‘Taeyeon! I’m ready to tell you the story! I think it’s the best time you should know about this…I promised your mom that I’ll tell you when the time is right…and I think this is the right time…will you let me in?’ Hyoyeon begs from outside of the room.

There was a silent for a moment until she heard a cracking sound ‘Come in…’ Taeyeon invites her.

She smiles and step into her niece room.

‘So tell me…what really happen?’

‘Taeyeon…after what I tell you this…don’t do anything stupid okay?’

Taeyeon just nods to reply.

‘Okay…so…the history to the Jung and Kim rivalry is like this…Your dad…and Jung Yunho were used to be the best of friend when they in their high school years…Jung Yunho had a sister…a step sister…your mom…she was adopt into the Jung when she was 10…your grandparents…your mother side died when she was 9 and being the best friend of her family the Jung adopted her…’

‘That’s mean…I’m not blood related to the Jung am I?’

‘Yep…you’re not…’

Taeyeon sighs in relieve because she’s worried if she related to the Jung that’s mean Jessica and she are cousin.

‘Well…Yunho oppa and Jaejoong oppa were best friend until…you’re mom start to date your appa…and Yunho got jealous…’

 

 

Yulti’s house

 

1/8/1987

 

Dear diary,

Can you believe this? Oppa came to me and told me that he date Jung Miyoung! Wow! Can’t believe he done that! He said that she likes him too! Great! That’s mean I can get my hand on Yunho oppa! Kekekeke! But I heard that he is going to get engage to some girl name Seo Juhyun! *sigh* I can’t believe all this! Seo Juhyun…

 

‘Omma…’ Tiffany utters out when she read Seo Juhyun’s name…her mother.

 

Oppa told me that he plans to purpose to Miyoung on Yunho oppa’s engagement day. I don’t know why but when I asked Yunho oppa about his engagement he seemed like he don’t like it…it proves how mush he in love with his sister…and why I get the feeling that there’s something is going to happen between him and my oppa? They aren’t as close as before…wae? Wae all this must happen?!

 

 

Back to Taeyeon’s apartment

 

‘Yunho had always like your omma even before your dad get to know her. But your omma only treat Yunho as her brother and nothing more…Yunho married to Seo Juhyun and they migrate to America because he didn’t want to see his love to marry with other guy that she loved… your omma was sad when Yunho didn’t want to attend her wedding…she was expecting him to come because he is her brother but he didn’t come and not he even cast your omma away from the Jung…so when your omma married to your appa she used her original birth surname the Hwang…your omma and appa married when your appa found out that your omma is pregnant…and guess who was the baby?’

‘Me?’

‘Yep~’ Hyoyeon smiles ‘Your omma and appa was thrill when you were born…appa too…because he expecting his first grandchild and his new daughter that time…’

‘That new daughter would be you right?’

‘Deh~’ Hyoyeon nods.

 

 

Yulti’s house

 

9/3/1988

 

Dear diary,

Today…my first niece was born! She’s look so alike to her appa! Ommo! So cute! Oppa reaction was so funny today! It’s the first time I see he lose his calmness when his wife is in the labor. When the baby cried he was smiling there is no tomorrow~ I love to see my oppa being happy like this rather than the cold vibe that he gives to everyone! So then…all of us include my pregnant step mother were thrill for the new born and we enter the room to check on Miyoung and the baby.

Appa asked oppa what he wants to name the baby and appa decide to name his first born daughter as Kim Taeyeon…isn’t it great? The name meaning is beauty…and she is beautiful! But I dislike her mother…she took away everything I had…even though I have Jiyoung oppa for me right now but I still dislike her for making Yunho married to other girl…

I can see that Miyoung is indeed happy with oppa but did she know how hurt is Yunho oppa? I wish he is happy now with Juhyun…

 

Tiffany was perplexed by the diary content. She’s curious about what happen to parents when they were in USA and does her dad love her mom?

‘If the baby was Taeyeon…that’s mean…Taeyeon is my non-biological related cousin…’

‘…and this meaning that…The Jung and Kim were not actually rivalry until we were born…’

 

 

Back to Taeyeon’s apartment

 

‘…but wait…how come Jung hates us?’

‘It happen when Yunho and his wife return back from USA 7 years later and they meet up with your parents…apparently Yunho still has feeling for your omma…and that time you were 7 and their twins daughter were 6…Yunho got jealous over your appa…’ Hyoyeon paused for awhile and she takes out the ring from her finger ‘One day…your omma got invitation to the Jung house because her nieces were having birthday party…but it’s all a trap…There was no birthday party at all…Yunho your omma…Your appa find out and he attacked his best friend in front of Seo Juhyun…his wife…Mrs. Jung got all heartbroken by her husband and she decide to run away from home with one of their daughter…and the car that she drove involve in accident…and she died on the spot…Yunho blames your appa for Juhyun’s death and he declared the war between the family…but your parents death is not because of the Jung…Taeyeon…your appa and omma death was planned by your aunt…Jihyeon unnie…she dislike your omma form the start…but she loves you because you resemble your appa a lot…her plan was to kill you omma but she never knew that your appa would be the victim of her wicked scheme too…’

Taeyeon was speechless because the aunt that she loves all this while is the one who killed her parents?

‘How…how did you know all this stories? You were…same age as me when appa and omma died…you were too young to even know what is happening…’

‘Your omma hand me her diary before she died…she told me ‘If Taeyeon is old enough tell her the story that I wrote in my diary…she deserve to know about our family and the Jung…she’s the only one who can stop this madness…’ about your aunt Jihyeon’s plan…my omma found out her wicked side that’s why she want to move to UK leaving the Kim behind…’

Again Taeyeon had her shoulder slumps and she’s crying, she doesn’t know why but she’s crying.

Hyoyeon wraps her arm around her niece’s shoulder to make she feels better.

‘Here…take this ring…it belongs to your omma…when you meet someone you like…give this to that person…because this ring represent your appa loves for your omma…’

Taeyeon holds it in her palm and she cries on Hyoyeon’s shoulder to ease the pain that she’s feeling right now.

 

 

Yulti’s house

 

Tiffany hides the diary in her bag and she quickly get the things arrange and then she joins Yuri on the bed.

‘Yuri…I am going to make the Kim and Jung become like how they used to be…so that we won’t suffer any of our family action…’ Tiffany whispers in her wife’s ear.

 

What about this chap? >< Hope you'll like it~ There will be a little Taeny moment in the next chapter!