“We can’t be like that around anymore.”

Goodbye

 

That day, Jaejoong and Yein decided to go to their favorite place. It is a small garden located on a hill outside Seoul but not so far away, it has a great view of some part of Seoul. It was a place where, Jaejoong and Yein always go to when they are talking about each other’s problems and that’s the place they are heading now.

When they arrive there, Yein immediately run out to see the view.

JAEJOONG’s POV

Yein ran out of my car and headed to see the great view. It was a long time since I last went here. I still remember that time.

FLASHBACK

“So, what seems to be the problem now?” I said to her while she was resting her head on my shoulder.

“I’m kind of disappointed with Yunho Oppa and Donghae Oppa.” Yein said.

“Why? Those two are your brothers. I mean, you and Donghae have a sibling bond.”

“Well, I’ve been trying to bond with them these past few weeks. I actually wanted to have a family picnic, both of them said yes, but when the picnic day came, no one showed up, either one of them. I saw the disappointment at my parent’s faces, I understand that maybe something came up, but I can’t stop the feeling of being disappointed at them. ” Yein stood up and looked far away.

“Shout, or throw something.” I stood beside her.

She looked at me with a confused look.

“Shout out loud. It helps you know.”

“I can’t. It’s not anger that I’m feeling. It’s disappointment.” Yein looked down.

Even though she might think of it as a different way, but I still hugged her. I went to her back and gave her a hug, but in an unexpected way, she hugged my arms too. I rested my chin on her shoulder. “You’ll get over it. I know Yunho and Donghae also wanted to go, but they can’t. You know how it runs in the industry. Everything is really unexpected.”

“Yeah. I’ll try to forget what happened.”

I was about to let go when, “let’s stay like this longer oppa, it’s comfortable and relaxing.” Yein’s grip at my arm became tighter.

“Okay.” I said near her ear.

END OF FLASHBACK

I came out of the car but I couldn’t see Yein anywhere. I went to the place where I last saw her. She wasn’t there to be found. A few seconds later, someone hugged me from behind.

“Do you remember the time when we were standing here in the same spot for a very long time. It was really relaxing staying in your arms oppa.” Yein said and I smiled. 

“We can’t be like that around anymore.” I said.

“What do you mean?”

I was about to take her arms off around my stomach but she held tighter.

“Siwon.”

“Don’t worry about him oppa. He knows that you and I are this close, so don’t you worry.”

Then she let go. She sat on the ground and I followed her.

“Did you know that I went here after I went to your dorm last time? I went here to release my problem, but I can’t tell it to anyone. I just stayed.”

“I’m really sorry about that Yein.” I said then I looked at her.

“It’s fine oppa.”

“It’s not, because you..”

“Yeah. It’s kinda not, you know why? Because, I don’t know the reason why you did that. It doesn’t make sense that it’s about a girl that you’re trying to avoid me. It’s not like that I’m the girl, that I know it’s not me, right?” Yein looked at me.

I looked at her shock. The last words she said kept on repeating in my mind, ‘It’s not like that I’m the girl, that I know it’s not, right?”’, then I shook my head. Yein nodded.

Yein rested her head on my shoulders.

“I missed you Yein. Very much.”

We stayed in that position for a long time when I realized she’s already sleeping. I let her sleep in my shoulder for a while.

I looked at her. ‘I realize that I can’t stay away from you anymore. Those days that I haven’t seen you was one of the darkest days in my life. I’m sorry it took so long before I realize that you are such a precious girl to me and that I’m willing to be the one to stay lonely. I can’t stay for another day not to see you so I came even though I know, I’ll suffer. Maybe, it’s better that I’m seeing you happy with Siwon, maybe this will lead me to forgetting and moving on because I know that you both love each other.’

END OF JAEJOONG’S POV