007.

Moving Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung had her damp hair wrapped in a towel, dressed in her usual night clothes, and walked out the bedroom, desperate to know what happened. For some reason, she felt a slight happiness when Jongin was still there, sitting at their small dining table. He had the phone next to him, some papers, and a business card. She was hesitant to walk up to him, for he had his head in his hands, a sign that he was distressed. 

With small and careful footsteps, Soojung walked towards the dining table and quietly took out a cup from the cabinet. She didn't want to disturb him, partially because she didn't have anything to say to him and they would just end up with an awkward atmosphere, lingering between them, 

"Soojung," he spoke in a tired, muttered voice. This caused her to perk up in surprise, not expecting this at all. 

"Y-yeah?" she replied, pouring some water into the cup she had taken out earlier. Jongin slowly sat up into a normal position, his hands folded on the table, his thumbs fidgeting with one another. 

"We need to talk," he said in that same tired voice. He had his gaze fixed on a document in front of him, but Soojung doubted that he was focusing on it. 

"Okay. Do you want water?" she asked, slightly turning her head towards him. 

"It's fine," he replied in an abrupt manner. She slightly raised a brow and bit her lower lip as she walked over to the table and sat in the chair, opposite of him. Her fingers couldn't leave her mug; she was nervous. She looked up slightly at him and saw that he, too, was fidgeting around with his phone. 

After a short moment of awkward silence, Jongin opened his mouth to speak. "I spoke to the realtor lady and..." he started off, in a soft voice, keeping his gaze on his fingers. "We have to live here for at least another year," Jongin continued his sentence, sighing at the end.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter