004.

Moving Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung was the first to rise next morning and she slipped out of what was once their bed. Was it now Jongin's or hers? She couldn't believe that they were over; did their four year relationship end, just like that? Soojung knew that she could've changed his mind and try to reconcile and improve their relationship, but she knew she shouldn't have. Jongin simply doesn't love her anymore, she felt.

Sighing loudly, Soojung walked towards the door and turned around to see him sleeping, one last time. The thought of him meeting someone new, doing all the things they did together, and completely forgetting about her ripped her apart. However, there was nothing she could do now; she didn't want to hang on to a false hope that they were going to get together again. She was definitely not going to sulk about it, like girls in Korean dramas. In fact, she will forget all about him and find someone new. "Hey, Jung Soojung. You're free to do whatever you please! What are you afraid of?" her conscience spoke to her. Yeah, she was free now; she could go to the cafe every morning, enjoy her time there without having the pressure to spend it with someone else, and slowly find someone new to love. Walking to the kitchen, Soojung began eyeing her belongings, so moving out would be easier. After gulping down a glass of water, Soojung headed to the bedroom again. Fortunately, Jongin was still sleeping and she began to undress. She stepped into the shower and the hot water hit Soojung's body and relieved all her tense muscles. She was determined to start anew; move out, work, meet new people, find new love. That was her plan. 

Jongin woke up with the sun shining on his face and to the sound of the running water. Here it was. The first official day of their separation. He let out a huge sigh as he grabbed the shirt closest to him and slipped it on. Walking over to the closet where they kept their towels, Jongin chose Soojung's favorite towel, a classic white one with gold embroidery on the edges. He never found out her legitimate reason of her love for this towel; whenever he asked, she replied with shrug and a "Just". 

After laying the neatly folded towel on the bed, Jongin walked out of the room and went to the kitchen to make some coffee. The images of Soojung brewing his daily coffee lingered in the kitchen. She was brewing the coffee as she looked up and smiled at him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter