002.

Moving Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few months went by very quickly; it was full of arranging furniture, settling in, and making love. After a few weeks of excitement, the rest were rather mundane; back to how it was. It was exactly seven months after they had moved in, the 24th of April. Seven months ago, Jongin had arranged to live with his beloved to celebrate her 23rd birthday, which she had considered to be the best birthday present ever; however, that was seven months ago.

"Where were you?" a cold voice broke the silence in the contrasting cozy apartment. After setting down his keys, phone, and wallet, Jongin loosened the knot on his necktie and ran his slender fingers through his black, fine hair. 

"I told you, I was working overtime," he replied with a voice full of sleep and annoyance. He did not even care to face her, for he didn't want to deal with her constant nagging and commanding. Jongin dragged his feet towards the bedroom, which the couple once shared, just a few weeks ago. He entered the room and shut the door, leaving a frustrated Soojung sitting on the kitchen table and another period of silence. 

Something inside of Soojung wanted to kick open the bedroom door and desperately ask Jongin what was going on between them, but she knew it would only make her feel worse. There was no doubt that she still loved him a lot, but she doubted that he returned the favor. Hence her constant questioning and nagging, for she was afraid of him leaving her. She delicately ran her finger along the rim of her wine glass, a habit she had whenever she was deep in thought. Then her finger stopped, mid-rotation. The fragrance of the wine reminded her of the incident a month ago, which she suspects was the cause of the downfall of their relationship.

One month ago, March 28th

It was 1:52 AM, way past the time of Jongin's promised return. She called him numerous times, which ended up in one more missed call for Jongin. Soojung paced around t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter