Sunday Morning (Suho/Lay)

EXO Drabbles

Title: Sunday Morning
Pairing: Suho/Lay
Rating: G
Word count: 361
Disclaimer: I don't own the boys.
Warnings: Excessive fluff and cuteness???
Summary: Quiet mornings shared with his boyfriend are always Joonmyun's favorite way to start the day.
Author's Note: A short drabble set in the same universe as Three is (Never) a Crowd, as a prequel of sorts so there's no Jongdae.




It's quiet, the only sounds coming from Joonmyun sipping his coffee and Yixing's quiet scribbling. The news is playing on the television, but muted with subtitles to keep the quiet atmosphere. Joonmyun sits on one side of the couch, with Yixing stretched out using Joonmyun's thigh as a pillow. He's jotting down notes in a notebook meant for his music, and Joonmyun watches on fondly at how focused Yixing is.

This early morning peace is still new to Joonmyun, Yixing having only moved into his apartment a month ago, and it's a novelty he doesn't think he'll ever get over. In the year and a half they've dated, Joonmyun still finds himself ridiculously enamored by each of Yixing's little quirks. Like how he furrows his brows and sticks out his tongue when he's deep in concentration, just like he is now.

He's so in the moment, Joonmyun doesn't realize his hand is moving until he's carding his fingers through Yixing's hair, gently parting the soft brown locks. Yixing pauses his writing long enough to shoot Joonmyun a fond smile, then returns to his work. Joonmyun takes that as his go ahead to keep up with the action, finding the motion to be just as relaxing as if he were the one having his hair played with.

Turning his gaze back to the television, Joonmyun only half pays attention to the stories being reported, instead reflecting on how, in the past month of living with his boyfriend, his feelings have grown far beyond what he ever expected. Each and every day has shown him just how much of an angel the other is, to which Yixing quickly denies with red cheeks whenever Joonmyun voices the thought aloud. Yixing likes to say that it's Joonmyun who's an angel, an embarrassing one, but still an angel. Joonmyun lets Yixing think what he wants, because it's not changing his mind.

In some ways it's kind of terrifying, thinking about how much his love will grow as their relationship goes on. But at the same time it's thrilling, especially knowing that Yixing feels the same way.

And in the end, Joonmyun wouldn't trade it for anything.