In Your Space (girl!Baekhyun/girl!Chanyeol)

EXO Drabbles

Title: In Your Space
Pairing: (fem!)Baekhyun/Chanyeol
Rating: PG-13
Warning: Genderswitch, OT12
Word Count: 1070
Disclaimer: I don't own the boys.
Summary: Space Pirates!AU. Baekhee wouldn't trade her life as a space pirate for anything.
Author's Note: So . . . yeah. I don't have much to say other than enjoy! (and that I will probably be writing more of this AU in the future!)


After carefully putting in the last of the coordinates in the navigation panel, Baekhee sits back with a tired sigh. Pulling 15 hour shifts was always draining but unavoidable for their small 12 member crew. There are only two other crew members who know how to use the navigation panel, one of whom is currently bed ridden with a fever and the other her captain.

Speaking of whom, is currently whispering quietly with the ship's first officer while waiting on

Baekhee's report.

"All set, Captain," Baekhee chimes, twirling her chair around to face the older woman, quickly flashing her fingers in the shape of a "V" at the side of her face. "The autopilot has been set with our final destination, and should be fine with minimal supervision."

"Thank you, Baekhee." Captain Junmi smiles gratefully. "Now, I believe you've just had a long shift so I'm ordering you to bed."

"Will do, Captain! I'll see you in the morning."

Baekhee grabs the leather jacket hanging off her chair, having been abandoned halfway through her shift, and makes for the doors leading out of the bridge. The automatic doors are just opening when Minseo, one of the ship's mechanics, speaks up from where she's bent over her own panel monitoring the ship's status.

"Baekhee, do me a favor and grab Chanyeon, will you? I think she's been up just as long as you fiddling with the dishwasher." Minseo rolls her eyes. "We can survive without a dishwasher long enough for her to rest up. It'll give Lu Hua something to do other than hang off of me while we're in between jobs."

The two share a grin, though Minseo's has just a touch of fondness to it.

"You're so mean to her, Unnie," Baekhee chuckles.

Minseo shrugs, "She's used to it."

Baekhee leaves the bridge, more of a cockpit than an actual bridge, and makes her way down the small hallway. As she makes her way to the kitchen, right arm stretched out so her hand is brushing along the wall, Baekhee contemplates about her small family (tied in friendship and not blood). For a small band of pirates in space, they do surprisingly well, the ship one testament to that. While this wasn't the path she had dreamed for herself when she was younger, it's not something she would change for the world now. Not with the support and love she's gotten from her crew.

Especially from Chanyeon.

Who, Baekhee notes upon entering the room designated as a kitchen, is covered with a surprising amount of grease for someone who's only task has been working on a dishwasher.

Chanyeon has the machine pulled away from the wall, and is currently kneeling next to it in complete concentration. She's wearing a dark blue jumpsuit, the top half of which is hanging at her waist, and a white wife beater which does nothing to hide her bright orange sports bra underneath. (When Chanyeon had first bought the jump suit, Baekhee had complained loudly but fell silent at Chanyeon's pleas of it being vintage and currently fashionable. While Baekhee still feels strongly against it, she has to admit it looks nice worn like this as it shows off the lithe muscles Chanyeon as developed over the years of manual labor).

Baekhee clears , "Chanyeon?"

The other girl jerks, body spinning around at the sound of her name. Then it's Baekhee who's fighting against a strong flinch at the sight of even more grease and unidentifiable liquids smeared across Chanyeon's face and clothes.

"Baekhee," Chanyeon grins, moving forward to hug the shorter girl but stopping short when said shorter girl holds up her hands. Her grin morphs into a pout when she notices the way Baekhee is surveying her outfit.

"Minseo said the only thing you've been doing was tinkering with the dishwasher, why are you so dirty?"

Chanyeon's pout turns sheepish, "Well, I had to get some grease from out back, and accidentally got it all over my hands. It kind of spread from there."

Baekhee shakes her head. "Well, I guess that means you'll be taking a shower before sleeping then."

"Of course! I was already planning on it!" Chanyeon whines. "I'm almost done, I think. I can take a shower then."

"Nope, we'll be going now. Minseo's orders," Baekhee grins, starting to reach forward and grab the taller girl's hands but quickly rethinking her action. She pulls her hand back and nods with her head for Chanyeon to follow her.

"Will you at least join me in the shower? And spend the night in my room?" Chanyeon pleads, eyes wide while they make the short trek towards her room.

Baekhee takes another look at the grease stains. "I'll make you a deal," she starts, "if you tell Kyungri that I'm staying in your room, and get some of those grease stains off first, then I'll join you."

"Baekhee," Chanyeon whines, face falling at the thought of telling her roommate that. "Do you want me to die? I can't tell Kyungri that!"

"Well that's the deal, because I'm not going to tell her," Baekhee shrugs. She's already perpetually on Kyungri's list as is, no need to make it worse.

"Really you two," a voice speaks from behind them. It's Kyungri whose long black hair is wet from a shower and freshly dressed for hanging around the ship, not sleeping. "If Baekhee wants to spend the night that's fine with me, I just got up so I won't be around."

"Yes! Thank you, Kyungri!' Chanyeon smiles widely.

Kyungri smiles back, but it quickly turns to something much more ominous. "Just don't use my bed, and the room better not smell like when I do return later."

Baekhee and Chanyeon both nod, Baekhee even going the distance to hold out her pinky finger, to which Kyungri shakes her head and walks away muttering something about it being her turn to train their newest additions to the crew.

"That's part one of my side of the deal done," Chanyeon reminds, bounding into her room and gathering her towel. Baekhee follows her with a fond grin.

"But that wasn't the only part, so you better get going," Baekhee teases, slapping the other girl's where there conveniently isn't any grease.

She chuckles when Chanyeon practically runs out of the room, gathering her own supplies and following her girlfriend at a more sedate pace.