I

Posted Love

 

POSTED LOVE

I

 

♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦

 

 

Jongin was your average teenage boy dealing with his not so average curiosity.

Problem with him was, he could think of a completely new topic every time something “topicable” came across his mind. Which was every five minutes. His friends tried to accommodate his limitless questions, but at one point it did get irritating, especially when they didn’t know the answer. Jongin felt like a burden to them, and in time, he began to clam up. He kept all his questions in his mind, and didn’t bother to ask anyone anymore. His friends noticed the change and felt bad about it; encouraged him to start asking again. But Jongin just didn’t want to annoy them like he did before—things couldn’t go back to the way they were. Jongin became a quiet person, and spent most of his time on Google search—the one place where his questions weren’t a nuisance.

It became unhealthy over the days—most people were always online on social networking sites, but Jongin was on Google 24/7. Every topic led to another, and it was certain that he’d never get off the internet. His parents noticed and thought nothing of it at first. But then he started skipping sleep, he wasn’t listening in class anymore, he couldn’t focus on eating his meals—it was almost as bad as an addiction on drugs. More educational, yet still unhealthy all the same. In the end, they prohibited him from internet use for the rest of the year. He was only allowed to use it for homework, and even then he was going to be strictly monitored while he did it. The boy had to learn to control his curiosity.

Jongin came to school mopey, because searching became his hobby. Now what was he going to do with all his questions? How would he spend his spare time? The boy’s friends (Sehun, Junmyeon, and Minseok) listened to his dilemma and started thinking of solutions. They suggested other forms of hobby, like playing sports, reading books, or gaming. But Jongin wasn’t interested.

Then three days later, Junmyeon excitedly arrived at their lunch table, proceeding to pull each one off their seats; telling them to follow him. Soon they arrived at the bulletin boards at the main hall, where all kinds of notices were posted, from club activities to school events. There were three bulletin boards, and Junmyeon directed everyone to the third, pointing at the “Ask D.O.” portion.Turns out, it was a segment where people could send “D.O.” all types of questions or concerns, by writing them on pieces of paper and dropping these at the Ask Box, placed outside the student council’s club room. You could choose to write your real name, to be anonymous, or to even go by a codename. Every Monday and Friday, replies from D.O. would be posted on the designated area in the bulletin board. You could ask a question or even for advice, no matter how many times you liked. D.O. would choose among all of them, and only answer fifteen(fifteen for Monday, and fifteen for Friday). Everyone was welcome, and all queries entertained. Jongin’s eyes sparkled at the idea, and he took a look at this fine discovery. Just reading the first question, he could barely contain his excitement.

 

[Ask D.O.]

Hi, D.O.-ssi! I saved up a lot of my allowance to go to a BTS concert happening a month from now. But sadly, I was told by my parents that we have an outing that day; a family gathering where all our relatives come by and we eat together in a restaurant. It’s not that I don’t want to… but I’ve been waiting and waiting, and made sure to save up for that concert, and now… now, I won’t be able to go.What do I do? I feel kind of bummed. I was even hoping Jungkook oppa’s handsome face would smile at me during the concert… ”-MoonKitty

 

Hello MoonKitty-ssi! You must have worked hard to save all that money, didn’t you? I admire your efforts, and I’m sure that if Jungkook knew, he would definitely flash you a charming smile. I’d feel bad too, if I were in your place. Waiting can be really burdensome, but it’s the hardest when you find out you’ve been waiting for nothing. So yeah… it’s a bummer that you’ll miss that BTS concert. But you know what? I believe that family comes first. After all, who’s the one who gave you allowance so that you were able to save enough for a concert? Your parents work really hard to provide both your needs and wants. When they could be saving up their money, they pay for your schooling, your books, your clothes, your shoes; and that’s on top of expenses for food, water, electricity, rent, and all that stuff. Plus, let’s not forget the taxes. It’s really tough, you know? Being a parent isn’t easy; there’s no school that teaches how to become a parent. I’m a teenager just like you, but… I’m trying to view things from their perspective—and I’ve realized just how hard it is to be an adult. So, I think it shouldn’t be too bad to show your love for them by attending the family gathering, don’t you think? Also, it’s not every day where all your relatives have the opportunity to come by. You should make the most out of it and enjoy their presence. There will be plenty more concerts in the future, but a ticket to spend time with family is something you don’t buy. In fact, it’s free, so you should take advantage of that! I hope you will be happy during the family gathering!

Also, a friend of mine’s going to a BTS fan meet this Saturday. There will be an autograph signing, games with the boys, special performances and tons of exclusive stuff to buy. Doesn’t that sound just as goodas a concert? Hahaha. If you want to go, you should! You saved up good money after all! Take a selfie with Jungkook too! I hope I was able to cheer you up.

 

Hello D.O.-sshi. I really like this one person, but I don’t know how to ask her out. She seems into smart-looking guys; the ones with glasses, you know? Should I… try wearing glasses to catch her attention?” – Zelo

 

Hi Zelo-ssi! I guess you could, but the only downside is that you’re trying to catch her attention by using your looks; trying to accommodate what she likes in a guy, based on appearance, when what really determines a good relationship is liking the person for their personality. But of course, there’s nothing wrong with wearing glasses. Who knows? You might look good in them, and really catch her attention. But never forget that the important thing is someone’s heart. I think that if you’re a nice guy who really wants to get to know her, and spend time with her, then I’m sure she’ll warm up to you even if your appearance doesn’t match her standards. Instead of using what she likes in terms of appearance, why not appeal to her preference in personality? Is she into funny men? Romantic ones? Does she like gamers, day dreamers, or chocolate lovers? Find it out, and do your best to win her over! But never forget to remain true to who you really are. If she doesn’t like the real you, then it’s her loss. You deserve someone who’ll learn to love you for just being you. Fighting!

 

D.O.-ssi, I feel like there’s this teacher that hates my guts and-

 

“Jongin! Don’t read everything now! Lunch break will end soon!”Minseok interrupted Jongin’s focused gaze. “I still want some of the mango pudding. If we run back to the cafeteria now, I might just be able to snag the last one.”

“Buthyung! I’m only on the third question!” the tanned male’s lips wobbled; he was having so much fun after all.

“You can come by again, and read it during dismissal,” Junmyeon happily suggested. “Thank goodness, it looks like we found your new hobby.”

“Yes. Staring at a bulletin board reading replies meant for other people. Stalker feels,” Sehun said in his monotonous voice.

“I’ll be writing my own questions too, of course!” Jongin stuck his tongue out at Sehun.

 

“I can’t wait to send in my first entry.”

 

 

 

♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦

 

 

Author's note:

(Waves to reader)

First chaper up! Feedback is most appreciated.