Chapter 5: Starting Over with you

How to Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Starting Over with you

 

3 years have passed since Sandy left and went back to the US. Seung Hyun didn’t expect that he would not be able to see her when he got back. He didn’t want her to leave but when he came back from his short trip to his hometown she was already gone.

He was too embarrassed to contact her. He felt ashamed of his reason for distancing himself from her. He wanted to make things right with her but he also didn’t know where to begin. For three years he worked on figuring out what he wanted to do with his life.

That night 3 years ago back in his home town. He dreamt of Dara. She looked the same from the last time he saw her before she left him because of her terminal illness.

“Seung Hyun, wake up. It’s time for you to go,” she told him. He was resting on her lap. “Remember the letter I left you. I told you to move on. I don’t want to hold you back. I want you to find love again.” She said as she caressed his face. “Go back. It’s okay. Be happy.”

He woke up that night and decided to head back to Seoul but it was already too late. Sandy already flew back to the US to see her family.

He hated himself for leaving and not telling her why but there was no point for him to sulk over it. He needed to make himself better first.

He wanted to be someone that can proudly stand next to Sandy despite her being surrounded by accomplished men. His ego got the best of him. For the first time when he saw Sandy with her brother and her friend who were both doctors he felt unworthy to be with her. 

When he came back to Seoul he applied for a job in a car manufacturing company and he also enrolled back to school to finish his college degree. He focused all his efforts to make something of himself.

After he graduated the company also approved his request to be part of the design engineering team. And in half a year he made himself one of the most important members of the group.

And now he’s flying to New York to view an exhibit. Bom gave him the invitation a couple of weeks ago.  He immediately requested for time off from work to fly to the US. He couldn’t possibly let a chance like this go to waste.

He tried to imagine how it would be like to meet Sandy again. Will she remember him? Is she dating someone? Is she married? Maybe with that Lee Min Ho from last time, that was his biggest worry.

Many thoughts filled his head as he waited for the plane to land. His relationship with her wasn’t clear mainly because it’s his fault but he wants to make things right.

~*~*~*~*~*~

3 years ago Sandy had to leave Korea to go back home because of a family emergency. Her mom was sick and she didn’t want to regret not being with her. She wanted to wait for Seung Hyun to talk to him at least but she had to leave early not to waste a single moment because her adoptive motive mother was ill. She became busy caring for her mom as soon as she got back in the US. Her mind was preoccupied with taking care of her ailing mother and although she wanted to know why Seung Hyun suddenly left she opted to wait for him to open up to her first. Many times she would find herself looking at her phone hoping he would call. And many times she felt the urge to reach out to him first but she was worried that he would just ignore her.

She also had to deal with other personal matters like Min Ho. A few months after she went back to the US he asked her out for dinner.  He said he wanted to start over with her. That he has always had feelings for her. But she refused him. Min Ho wanted to know the reason and for the first time in many years she opened up to him about how she knew about him being aware that she was being bullied and how he opted to ignore the situation.

 

Flashback

“Are you two dating? Should we mess with you too?” one of the students said to Min Ho who was cornered in the school gym’s stock room.

“We have n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter