Chapter 2: A Life She Wish She Has

How to Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: A Life She Wish She Had

 

“Daebak! She looks exactly like Dara-unni,” Chaerin said in bewilderment as she stared at Sandy’s face.

When Sandy and Seung Hyun arrived at the Squid shop she didn’t expect much but the place looked like a pretty nice hang out. There were a number of people waiting for them. 3 girls and 3 guys were already seated in a corner booth.

The girls immediately stood up and went to her and unceremoniously hugged her.  They kept telling her that she looked so much like her sister which is funny when she hears it over and over because they were obviously identical twins.

Lee Chaerin stared at her face the most. Park Bom and Gong Minzy took turns in hugging her. She thought that they must have really loved her sister.

The guys Kang Daesung, Kwon Jiyong and Dong Young Bae mainly asked silly questions like her favorite food or what music she listens to. She thought maybe they wanted to know if she was anything like her sister. They must have loved her a lot too.

It would have been nice to grow up being surrounded by friends. She could only imagine how wonderful it could have been to have people, she can call friends.

She grew up with just her brother and parents to rely on. She was bullied in elementary and middle school and she started cutting herself. When her family found out they were worried about her safety and so she started going to therapy sessions and she also ended up being home schooled.

Her brother always took care of her but even he can’t always be around. He eventually had to move out and go to college. Both her parents are working so she’s usually left home alone.  She didn’t leave home even after high school. She did go to a nearby community college and took on part time jobs on the side but she didn’t really have a specific goal. She honestly felt like a meaningless existence.  The only reason stopping her from ending her own life is because of her parents and her brother. She couldn’t possibly leave them with a broken heart because of her own selfishness.

After accidentally finding out she has a sister and one who needed help Sandy thought that it was a chance for her to know more about herself. She actually hoped that her sister was able to win the battle over her disease and actually survive. It was unfortunate that it wasn’t the case. She died a year after that letter was sent out to her parents. It had been six years since then and now her sister had been gone for too long.

Sandy wanted to at least know about her sister, the girl who shared the same face and the same name, the girl who grew up in the orphanage but seemed to have lived with a positive outlook despite adversities. Dara, her unni must have been strong and cheerful and friendly just as her friends remember her to be.

And she must have loved Seung Hyun so dearly that she left without telling him about her illness. She understood her sister’s actions. She knew that her sister must have loved him so much that she didn’t want him to see her as she suffered even if it meant dying alone.

They showed her pictures of Dara. Bom even have some from way back middle school. They both studied in Busan and eventually moved to Seoul for college. The Barbie like girl was in tears as she recounted her memories with Dara. Sandy was relieved to know that her sister had a happy life. Come to think of it she must have lived a better life than her.

Her sister had all these wonderful people as friends and she even had someone like Seung Hyun who was the love of her life. It's sad that she died alone but it was very evi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter