Boys Meet You

Eott5-oke

Yeah the song for today^^

 


Lyn’s POV
 

“Wake up... god dammit! Wake up! I have a bucket full of ice with me... if you don’t wake up you’ll be taking up the Ice Bucket Challenge! Like Again!” I screamed as I rolled up Mich like a roll inside her blanket, so she could wake up and get ready to leave.

“This is so odd! She’s always way up on time... and usually I’m the one who is late. I don’t know how could she even get herself to sleep, I couldn’t even sleep from all this excitement. But I think all of this excitement goes underwater today.” Sam said by giving up all the hopes of she had, to catch up the flight to Seoul.

I looked at Sam’s sad face... it looked like she was gonna have a waterfall of tears. I had to do something. I opened the cap of the bottle that was on the table beside Mich’s bed and spilled it all over her. She got up hurriedly soaked in water, “okay, I’m up. But, yah!!”

Sam forgot about all her future tears never to be and kicked Mich hard and said, “It’s not the time to fight let’s go.”

Only seconds were left for the plane to leave and we reached the flight. We took a second to relax.
“Finally...  Finally!” Sam said breathless and she had a huge grin on her face.

I looked at Mich and her head was dozing around everywhere. She was already asleep after all this running. I slapped hard on her forehead saying, “It’s all your fault that we were so late... and that we had to run so much... look at my flip-flop they are gonna tear any minute.”

“Ah... Lyn? Did you forget what happened at your house?” Sam asked.

“What?” I asked. “Nothing happened.”

/flashback/

[Half an hour before coming to Mich’s House]

“Where the hell is my green scarf?” 

[Fifteen minutes before coming to Mich’s house]

“Sam, have you seen the new edition of People’s magazine?” 

[Ten minutes before coming to Mich’s house]

“Here’s my scarf... but my cardigan is missing where the hell is that?”

[Five minutes before coming to Mich’s house]

“So everything is done!! Wait OMG I forgot my ‘learn Korean in ninety days’ book!!... Wait for two minutes Sam I’ll be back in five minutes.”

/end of flashback/

I looked up at Sam and shrugged and said, “Nah... at least I was faster than Mich.”

Sam gave me a high five and said, “You’re right girl. Whatever happened, it’s over now. So sit back and relax and just think of ‘Ess-ecch-ie-en-double-e’(S-H-I-N-double-e).” She was repeating Jonghyun’s lines from ‘The SHINee world’.

I chuckled and closed my eyes and took a nap... it was obviously a long journey especially for shawols like us.

We have had been shawols from the time of ‘Replay’ but never got the chance to meet the boys. Such a shame never even saw them live not even in a concert. 

I sighed. I wish they are as good as we know them to be but what if they are not??

***********
 

Hot sun! Pretty ladies and even prettier boys!! THIS IS KOREA!! Well many boys are cute and handsome too but mostly pretty, keke! I said a small little ‘yipee’ in my thoughts. It was still unbelievable that we were here.

I knew Korean fashion was good but after looking around I guess it’s terrific! Thank god I changed my clothes before arriving here. T-shirt, hot pants, cardigan, my long scarf, Louis Vuitton cluth, what else do I need... oh wait I know Mui Mui Sunglasses!

Mich gave a weird look at me and said, “its twenty two degrees and you’re wearing a cardigan and a scarf?!”

I lowered my Mui Mui Sunglasses till my nose and said, “This is called fashion, the word you’re unaware of... go ask Sam! You doctor!”

Mich gave a fake laugh and said, “Not even interested.”

So we all knew very well and so it didn’t took us anytime to reach our apartment... wait our apartment?

“We three are staying together?” I asked panicking.

Mich and Sam entered the apartment carrying the luggage, “Of course roomie!”

“No way! I'm not your roomie!” I Shouted. 

“I want a separate place or a different apartment would be even better.” I said tapping my shoes on the floor like a kid.

Sam calmed me up saying, “Calm down, calm down... we have three rooms!”

“But—” I tried to argue but stopped in the middle because getting angry for such a small issue was useless and especially when I was so tired and my stomach was growling, demanding Kimchi and ramen.

“Fine” I said. “I’ll be your roomie but only on one condition.”

“And what’s that?” Mich asked making the least interested expression.

“I’ll be the interior designer of this place... so I’ll manage the things the way I want it to be... deal?” I asked.

“Yes ma’m!” Sam said, sounding like a military soldier.

 

Onew’s POV


“But what’s wrong with the old designer?” Minho asked manager hyung when he told us that our designer was gonna be replaced.

“I don’t know...” Manager hyung started, “He said he couldn’t work anymore due to personal problems. So we had to replace him.”

“So... anyway.” Jonghyun nodded. “We’ll meet the new designer tomorrow.”

“No... She’s coming to meet you here right now.” Manager hyung told us.

“Now?” Key asked. “He’s really fast.”

“She’ll be here anytime soon.” Hyung said.

All of us nodded.

“She is Indian and she’ll be your permanent designer from now on.” He explained. “but she doesn’t knows that she’s your permanent designer.

“Waeyo, hyung?” Jonghyun asked.

“Just... we’ll tell her later.”

“Neh. Hyung.” I nodded.

“Well, anyway she’s professional but still a girl, so behave and say hello. Be polite. Neh?” Manager Hyung told and then left.

“Mwo?! A girl? ” Jonghyun gave a late reaction after manager hyung left.

“I don’t know but I have heard Indian girls are pretty.” Minho added.

“This girl would sure be interesting. I haven’t met Indian people before.” Key told us.

“Well... none of us have.” I added.

“One more thing,” Manager hyung entered our apartment once again and said, “she’ll design the dresses for you for tomorrow’s party and that’s why she’s coming to meet you.”

“Ah...” Key nodded. “Red Velvet’s debut party.”

“That explains.” Minho added.

Taemin who hadn’t spoken a word till now hissed and went back to his room. I don’t know but I think he liked the old designer.

Anyway it was normal for him to be like this sometimes but right now we were excited to meet our new designer. Also she was Indian which meant she wouldn’t really know about us... because we haven’t really heard of any Indian fans till now or maybe she does turns out to be a fan. Who knows?

 

Lyn’s POV


So well everything was fine, we all had to wash up and there was only one bathroom... what?! But really... wae?

Anyway since I take the longest time to shower I was the last one to go in the shower. But when I came out, I saw Sam packing up her purse bag and ready to leave.

“Where are you going?” I asked plugging in the hair dryer.

Sam looked at me in surprise and said, “Oh you scared me! I was just going to meet SHINee.”

“Wow... never thought I’ll hear these words from your mouth.” I blushed, keeping aside the hair dryer and losing myself in SHINee daydreams.

Sam also blushed, saying, “Yeah... I can understand actually the thing is that I’m still not sure if they are hiring me as their permanent designer or not.”

I made my lips in the ‘o’ shape and suddenly out of nowhere, Mish popped her head asking, “So? What are you gonna do?”

I and Sam screamed in surprise, “Where the hell did you pop up from?”

“I was here all the time. Didn’t you notice me?”

“No...”

Sam sighed and said, “I’m designing their clothes for the Red Velvet’s debut party, which is tomorrow.”

“Are you also invited?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Of course I am—” She replied.

“Wow... do you even know how lucky you are? It’s a SM party, which means many other SM artists as well!!...” I said not letting Sam speak and narrowed my eyes down the floor thinking and pouting, ‘how lucky of her!’

“—and you two are also invited.” Sam finished it so fast that I didn’t even realise what I heard was right or wrong.

“WHAT?!” I and Mich asked.

“Yes! You both are.” Sam replied happily.

“But wait... how?” Mich asked and I was just starting to think how didn’t she? It was her habit to get to the root of everything or just to get curious about anything that doesn’t even needs such kind of attention.

“Well... I already got two passes for the party but I managed to convince SHINee’s manager to get me an extra one because otherwise I wouldn’t have shown up for the party either.” Sam finished explaining.

“Whoa~ daebakk!” I said. At a moment I was so happy but then I realised, “Oh no... I have nothing to wear! Mich let’s go shopping!”

“Calm down, Calm down Miss Bullet! I’ll design a beautiful little black dress for you.” Sam told me.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!!” I hugged Sam tightly and when I let her go, Mich gave me a weird look and told Sam, “Sam, why don’t you tell her?”

Sam chuckled.

“What?” I asked with a confused expression like always.

“Keke! I'm leaving. Bye now.” Sam said.

“Just don’t embarrass yourself.” Mich told Sam and she nodded and left.

“What did you mean? Tell me what?” I asked.

“Sam once told me that you almost choke her when you hug her like that... and if this goes on, she would die soon.” Mich said.

“Oh...” I nodded. “What?!”

She shrugged sticking out her tongue at me. 

“Haha really...? that wasn’t even funny.” I told her narrowing my eyes. “Anyway, I want a paint brush, paints, gloves, hammers, driller, some nails and a glass of apple juice.”

“Serve yourself!” She nodded at me and went back to her room to sleep! If I am sacrificing my sleep, then everyone has to sacrifice it with me.

 

Taemin’s POV

 

I was in my room while all the hyungs were so desperately waiting for the new designer outside. What’s so good with her? That she’s a girl? So what? I liked the old designer so much... because of his designs. And seriously, these four, I can’t believe them really. So excited, just because she’s a girl? I'm sure if the new designer was a male they wouldn’t have been a bit of excited.

I tried to get myself to sleep. But I really couldn’t fall asleep when I wanted to. Rather, I just kept looking at the clock. It was past ten and I was sure she wasn’t gonna show up. They had been waiting like crazy for her since half an hour while I was lying on the bed in my room peacefully. There was a knock at the main door and I was sure it was her. I got up and went to the door and silently opened my door to peep in the common room where the rest of them were. I couldn’t even start to peep when Jonghyun hyung noticed me and signalled me to come outside. 

Minho hyung was the one who had opened the door for her earlier. She bowed as soon as she saw me and she had already did so to the rest of them. I was like do they have these etiquettes in India too? 

But at least I was relieved because I wouldn’t have to talk to her because she would probably talk in English and my English wasn’t that fluent. 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” She finally greeted us. We all looked at her with shocked faces while she introduced herself in perfect Korean. Was she really Indian? Not Korean? 

Onew hyung introduced every one of us including me, while I just stood there facing my head in the other direction. 

“I'm Samantha.” She said and for a fraction of second, ‘Sam’ came to my mind but then I just let go of that thought.

“We were waiting for you.” Jonghyun hyung told her. What’s the point of telling that to her?

“I'm just more than excited to see my clothes for tomorrow.” Key hyung said. 
I scoffed to myself.

“Sure. I’ll do my best.” She told us.

“You’ll have to... you know who you’re designing for, right?” I finally spoke up.
Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung passed me an angry look.

“You don’t really know us, right?” Minho hyung asked her.

She shook her head and said, “Animida.”
‘Whoa she’s even apologising in formal speech so well’ I thought rolling my eyes.
“So you do need to know?” Onew hyung said.

“We are one of the Kpop boy bands in South Korea.” Minho hyung said introducing us.

“Yah! Not ‘one of the’ but the ‘most famous’ boy band in South Korea.” Jonghyun hyung said correcting Minho hyung.

“It's really my pleasure to meet you.” She replied with a smile.

“Yeah right.” Key hyung said. “But are you sure you haven’t heard about us?”
She shook her head once.

“Well... I agree. I don’t mean to brag but we are world famous... and India is a part of Asia too. Are you sure you haven’t even heard a single song recorded by us?” Jonghyun hyung asked.

And there she went again shaking her head. “I know... but no, I haven’t.”

“Yah! Stop pushing her.” Onew hyung told them, and at that very moment, her hand phone rang with the ringtone. 

‘It's breaking news... Its breaking news

It's breaking news...aaaaaa...!!!’

Her ringtone almost made us five jump. It was our song. She put it off before it could play further. We looked at her dumbstruck with the expression; ‘SHE IS A FAN!!’ and it was seriously breaking news for us. She looked at her hand phone embarrassed, pouting. I was totally shocked!!

“What a liar.” That came out of my mouth.

“Ja-Jamsimanyo, I need to take this call.” She said not looking into our eyes.

“You can go to the other room if you like.” Onew hyung told her and I looked at him with my mouth dropped open, how could he allow anyone?

“Gomabseubnida.” She said and went to my room and closed the door behind her... how dare she? Out of all the three rooms she had to choose my room? I was about to follow her till my room but all the hyungs looked at me angrily.

“Waeyo?” I asked.

“How can you be so rude like that?” Jonghyun hyung asked.

“Don't you remember what manager hyung told us?” Key hyung asked this time.

“Exactly, even if we don’t know her, she’s our guest and our designer.” Onew hyung scolded me, even he was angry at me... what did I do so wrong?

“See Taemin, you're releasing a solo, yet you're so immature.” Minho hyung told me. Where did that had to come from?

There was a pause, I thought they had more to say to me but rather than that they waited for my reply.

“But hyung, didn’t you see how she was lying?” I asked. “It was so obvious that she’s a fan. You all acted like pabos.”

Yeah so obvious that even I couldn't figure that out... why was I lying to them like her? I didn’t know myself.

“She did but maybe she had a reason to do so?” Minho hyung asked.

“I'm not a person that appreciates lying either but maybe something was up with her.”  Key hyung said taking her side.
“Hyung you too?” I asked him I thought at least he would take my side since she was lying but I was wrong.

“Yah! Taemin-ah... I can see you don’t like her but that's no way you can talk to someone.” Jonghyun hyung said.

“Taemin-ah, she’s our designer and she even looks elder than you, if you don’t like her, then at least try to maintain the professional relations with her... it would be beneficial for you only.” Onew hyung was the only one who explained me calmly.

I nodded.

“But wae?” Jonghyun hyung asked.
“I don’t know I just don’t like her.” I told him honestly.

“Nothing personal, okay?” Onew hyung told me and I nodded again like last time.

After a few seconds she was back. She looked down and I mean really down, was it that bad?  What happened...?  We didn’t mention about what happened a while ago even when I really wanted to know why she did that. But her face stopped us from bringing back the same topic.

She just forced herself into a smile and said, “Joesonghabnida, but I need to go... I'll directly meet you tomorrow before the party.” 

“With our clothes.” Key hyung told her with a grin and somehow she cheered up. 

“Yeah... right.” She chuckled once. 
Why was Key hyung acting like that? Did he like her or what? But why do I care?

 

Sam’s POV

The moment Minho opened the door for me, I felt like jumping over him but I controlled my fangirl feels and just tried to stay calm. I couldn't believe that in was actually seeing the five of them with my two eyes and not on the T.V. or in a MV, but right in front of my eyes. The moment was just too good to be real. OH MY GOD! THIS IS TRUE... I’M FINALLY MEETING THOSE FIVE PEOPLE I ALWAYS DREAMED OF MEETING!!! OKAY, DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE, DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE, DON'T FORGET TO BRETHE!!! CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN!

I greeted everyone and introduced myself in Korean. I was really tensed about this even when me, Mich and Lyn were toppers in our Korean class and in the four years I was learning Korean I never felt so tensed in speaking Korean like I felt right now. Anyway I did somehow, I was quite confident about my ascent which was almost Korean like because I and even Lyn and Mich had been watching Kdramas since years before we started learning Korean. So till now, even though it wasn’t our mother tongue, it was a language we mastered.

I didn’t want them to know that I was a fan because that would completely change their attitude towards me. And also I didn’t want them to treat me ‘only as a fan’ and right now I was their designer not a fan. It didn’t mean that I wanted to lie but I had no choice. All I wanted was not to embarrass myself like I usually do in front of them...

But....

But.........

BUT..............

I DID EMBARRASS MYSELF... LIKE ALWAYS!!!!!!!

I don’t wanna think about it again so after that I went to the other room to pick up Mich’s call. I had made up my mind to just kill her inside the cell phone, if she hadn't called for something urgent... believe me!

“What is it? This better be something urgent.” I was more of angry.

“Oh, how is it going?” She asked.

“You called me for that?” I asked, almost shouting but I controlled myself thinking that SHINee were in the other room.

“Oh no... Sam you like green with red or purple with red? In short, green or purple?” Mich asked and I was speechless. Actually I was more of confused to myself, why the hell did I bring these two idiots with me? ESPECIALLY MICH!! PABO!

“YOU ARE SERIOUSLY DEAD THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU... SO START COUNTING YOUR LAST MINUTES...” I told her shouting but not enough for SHINee to hear. “AND DON'T DARE TO CALL ME AGAIN.”

“Oh whatever just tell me which colour you want... it's an emergen—” I hung up. I looked at my cell phone and I wanted to smash it on the floor but I couldn't and then I wanted to mess up my hair and scream really, really, loud but I couldn't do that either... they were just in the next room. I seriously felt like jumping off a cliff right now but all I did was putting my phone in silent mode... okay why didn’t it strike me earlier?

“PABO! PABO! HOW ARE YOU GOING TO FACE THEM NOW? JUST DIE!” I hit my head saying that. 

Finally I took a deep breath and I was about to get out of the room when I heard them talking.

“But hyung, didn’t you see how she was lying?” Someone asked. “It was so obvious that she’s a fan. You all acted like pabos.” I recognised the voice at once. It was Taemin. 

“She did but maybe she had a reason to do so?” Minho asked. Yes, yes, I had!

“I'm not a person that appreciates lying either but maybe something was up with her.”  Key said. Oh my god! He is taking my side!

“Hyung, you too?” Taemin asked.

“Yah! Taemin-ah... I can see you don’t like her but that's no way you can talk to someone.” Jonghyun Oppa said.

“Taemin-ah, she’s our designer and she even looks elder than you, if you don’t like her, then at least try to maintain the professional relations with her... it would be beneficial for you only.” Onew Oppa told him.

“But wae?” Jonghyun Oppa asked.

“I don’t know I just don’t like her.” Taemin replied. 

“Nothing  personal, okay?” Onew Oppa told him. 

Till now, I was sure that Taemin really hated me. I really felt bad but wasn’t I expecting too much? Onew Oppa was right. I can only know them till professional level. They are all right at their places, it's all my fault. I can't blame anyone else but me.

I came out of the room and told them that I needed to leave and that I'll meet them right before the party. I was just about to turn towards the door when Key grinned at me saying, “With our clothes.”

And somehow that made me smile and I replied, “Yeah... right.”

Jinki Oppa walked me till the door and I came outside the apartment and pouted. “Yah! PABOYA! Just go jump off a cliff!” I finally messed up my hair.

 

Lyn’s POV 
 

“I’ll cut you if you chose red with green!” I shouted as I saw what rubbish colours Mich chose for Sam’s room.

Mich scoffed, “As if...”

“I know Sam, she would probably like red with purple!” I said, feeling proud on my colour preference. But again Mich cut off my words saying, “No it's not... she likes green”

“If you know so much just call and ask her then...” I told her.

Without a second thought, Mich dialled Sam’s number and asked, “Oh, how is it going?”

What?! Firstly, she called her. Secondly, instead of asking her the question, she was asking how it is going. If I were Sam I would have killed Mich from inside the phone.

There was a short pause at the moment when Mich said, “Oh no... Sam you like green with red or purple with red? In short, green or purple?”

There was another pause... a longer one this time and Mich removed the phone away from her ears a bit, making a face. I am sure Sam was shouting at her at the other end and then she replied, “Oh whatever just tell me which colour you want... it's an emergency!—hello? hello? Hey Sam? You there?”

It was so obvious that she hung up... gosh what will I do with this girl? I sighed.

 

Mich’s POV

 

Sam entered the apartment. I and Lyn were still busy deciding the colours, sitting on the floor. Sam ran towards me. 

“Mich! Yah! Come here!”

I took no time to get up and ran away from her. “What did I do?” 

“What’s happening?” Lyn asked.

She stopped the cat and mouse chase and sat on the floor throwing her arms and legs around like a kid.

“Wae? Tell me what did I do this time?” I asked her.

“Would you please explain?” Lyn asked.
She calmed down and explained us what happened and then Lyn said, “whoa~ that's embarrassing!”

“I warned you not to embarrass yourself!” I told her.

“How can you even say that when you are my friend?” Sam asked me.

“How come it's my fault?” I asked her.
“It is!” Sam replied.

“I told you not to call her.” Lyn told me.

“Wait! You didn’t tell me not to call her but you were the one who told me to call her instead!” I told Lyn.

“That sentence was an irony!!” Lyn shouted.

“Then you should have told this to me before I called her.” I argued.

“Okay, so from next time whenever I would say a sentence like that, I’ll warn you, ‘Mich this sentence is an irony so think twice before you make your next move’ that would be better right, doctor?” Lyn argued back.

“Yeah make sure you do that,” I rolled my eyes. “I'm not an idiot like you.” 

“Yeah... you just proved that.” Lyn said turning to the other direction.

“Yah! Stop you both!” Sam shouted in the middle.

There was a pause. 

“But Sam, you shouldn't have lied in the first place.” Lyn said breaking the silence.

“I know...” Sam nodded. “But Jonghyun oppa asked me ‘Are you sure you haven’t even heard a single song recorded by us?’, I should have told the truth then, ‘yes I have and I know everything about you, I'm your greatest fan! I know what you guys did all these six years!’ And then I should have started telling them the list and they would have fainted.”

“Yeah right... they sure would have fainted.” Lyn chuckled.

“Jonghyun asked that?” I asked her and she nodded.

“You are really an idiot.” I told her, “don’t you remember what happened at the high school reunion? And yet you forget to keep your phone silent?”

“Don't remind me...” Sam just started and Lyn busted out laughing. I tried not to laugh but seeing Lyn laughing made me laugh too.

“Yah!” Sam made a face.

“Okay, okay, forget it, did you decide what are you gonna design?” Lyn asked controlling herself.

“No...” Sam shook her head in denial.

“What?!” we both asked.

“So how are you gonna finish it in less than twenty four hours?” I asked her.

“I guess you better get started.” Lyn said.

Sam nodded. “I'll have to work for the whole night and also I have a strong feeling that Taemin hates me.” 

“He doesn’t hate you...” Lyn started, slapping the air.

“Then?” I and Sam asked raising an eyebrow.

“He-he just dislikes you.” Lyn finished.

“Wow...what an explanation” I clapped and Lyn said, “thanks.”

“That's the same thing pabo.” I finished making my face serious.

“Anyway, I am going to work harder on his dress to impress him.” Sam told us.

“Get going chingu.” Lyn said. “Hwiting!”

“There’s not much time, but I know you would do your best.” I told her with a smile.

She nodded with a chuckle.


A/N: 2nd chapter yes!! And the part where their manager tells them about the new designer there is he and she both so just for clearence, Korean language is neutral so the manager is saying that its a girl and the members are understanding its a boy so thats why^^

Oh oh and get ready for the upcoming updates its gonna be so much fun!