Resolve

My mistake

 “Yuri?”

“Yuri?”

“Yuri!” the voice shouted. 

With a sense of urgency, Tiffany began to shake Yuri’s shoulders.

Slowly opening her eyes, she saw a blurry Tiffany standing over her with a worried look on her face.

“Tiffany….I uhhh when did you get here?” Yuri’s mind was hazy as if recovering from a major hangover.

“I just got here.  I kept calling your name, but you didn’t answer.  When I came closer, I noticed you were sweating and….” Tiffany trailed off.  “And it looked like you were crying.” 

“What?  Oh, I must have fallen asleep waiting for you,” Yuri said still confused, wiping away the last of her tears.  Trying to make sense of what happened, she looked around the room and noticed a vase of pink roses.

To Tiffany’s surprise, Yuri ran to the table and palmed the card placed on the arrangement.  

“Oh, I didn’t even notice them when I came in.  They’re beautiful.  Are they from you?” Tiffany asked.

“No!  Uh, they were here when I arrived,” Yuri lied.  “If I had to guess, I’d say it was from your boyfriend,” she said as she looked away.

Tiffany’s eyes seemed to sparkle as she walked over and inhaled the sweet scent of one of the roses.

“Besides it being my favorite color, did you know that they are a symbol of admiration and affection?” Tiffany said as she glided her fingers over the delicate petals.

“No, I didn’t know that,” Yuri said solemnly as she tightened her grip on the card.  “You know, I just remembered there’s something I need to do,” she added, trying to leave before tears started to fall. 

“Yuri?” Tiffany said with concern.  Yuri turned around, barely able to make eye contact.  Her tone sounded as if she might have caught onto something.   

Flashing a signature smile, Tiffany finished, “I was just wondering if you’re still coming tonight.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be there,” she said feeling a bit of déjà vu.

Shutting the door behind her, she let out a sigh as she closed her eyes.  Looking at her feet, Yuri made her way through the hall.  As she turned a corner, she almost bumped into someone walking in the opposite direction.

"I'm sorry, I didn't watch where I was going and...." Yuri said automatically.

“Yuri sunbaenim?” the person answered in response.

As Yuri looked up, she was met with a sweet smile.

“Hayoung.”

---------------

A/N:  So we have reached the end.  Although it was short, I had a lot of fun writing this fic.  Yulti didn't happen, but at least there's still hope for Yulyoung.  =)  Thank you for all of the comments, upvotes and support you've given me!  Be on the lookout for more fics to come!