Rage

My mistake

Outside in the cold night air, they stood face to face surrounded by a crowd of people.

“Like I said, you don’t have what it takes to protect Tiffany!” Yuri shouted.

“Just go home, Yuri.  You’re obviously drunk,” he said trying to avoid a confrontation.

“Scared to fight a girl?  I’m not, am I right?” Yuri said as she looked around at the hungry crowd who roared in response.

With balled fists, he uttered through clenched teeth, “You can do or say whatever you want, but I’m not going to fight you.”

Yuri knew he was close to losing it and decided to go in for the kill.

“Seeing as you’re too much of a man to go first, allow me,” Yuri said, lunging forward as she took a swing.

Landing a direct punch to his face, he stumbled backward, caught off guard by Yuri’s attack.

In one swift movement, he regained his balance and swung back, landing a severe blow to Yuri’s face. 

Knocking her off her feet, she landed face down on the ground.  The crowd grew louder, shouting and cheering in response.

Still in shock, the girls stood there helplessly.  Hayoung was in tears while a frightened Tiffany could barely watch as the two people she cared deeply for were hurting each other right in front of her.

With a groan, Yuri slowly got up.  Her lip was split and bleeding.  Letting out an insane laugh, she her lips before motioning for more.

When he shook his head to indicate he was done, she let out a chilling scream and ran at him full force.

Instinctively, he kicked Yuri in the ribs sending her flying into the crowd behind her.

On the ground for the second time, Yuri noticed a broken bottle nearby and slowly got to her feet, now holding it tightly in her hand.

“That’s enough, Yuri.  Just take it easy,” he said as he raised his hands out in front of him.

With just a smile, Yuri charged again with the jagged bottle aimed directly at him.  Preparing to disarm her, he suddenly heard Tiffany scream and looked in her direction.  An overzealous onlooker wanting a better view had shoved her from behind causing her to fall to the ground. 

This was all Yuri needed to make her move as she collided with him, digging the makeshift weapon deep into his abdomen.  As both of them fell to the ground with Yuri on top, the other members rushed over to help pull her off of him.

The members gasped in horror when they saw the deep color of crimson which seemed to glisten under the moonlight.  It was everywhere.  Tiffany let out a blood curdling scream as she rushed to his side.  She cried out as she held him in her arms, tears streaming down her face.

One of the members shouted, “someone call 911!” which caused the crowd to scatter.

Yuri began to back away, first looking at Tiffany and her boyfriend who was now bleeding profusely to her blood soaked hands and the bottle she had attacked him with.  She immediately dropped it shaking her head as if it were all a bad dream.

“I didn’t mean to, I didn’t mean to,” she kept repeating to herself in shock.

Hayoung ran over to Yuri, forcefully grabbing her by the shoulders shaking her as she screamed, “Sunbaenim, what have you done?” 

Tears were flowing from her face.  As Yuri looked at her, she cursed the heavens for giving an angel the ability to cry.  She cupped Hayoung’s face with her hand and wiped away a tear, leaving a smear of blood across her cheek.  She leaned in and gently placed her lips on hers as if saying goodbye.  When Yuri broke the kiss, Hayoung was left breathless and confused.

Without a word, Yuri took off in the opposite direction, running as fast as could.

Somehow, above all the noise and chaos, she could clearly hear Tiffany’s voice calling out to her over and over.  As tears began to fall, she continued to run, too scared to look back.    

“I’m sorry.”