Resentment

My mistake

A/N:  Just an FYI, there are some swear words in this chapter.   

------------------- 

When they arrived at the bar, most of the members were already a few drinks into celebrating.

“Yuriiiii!” Hyoyeon slurred, practically screaming her name.

“Hey guys,” Yuri said with a smile as she walked up to the table, still holding hands with Hayoung who trailed slightly behind.  “I hope you guys don’t mind, but I brought a guest.”

“Haaaayooooung!” Sunny shouted, quite drunkenly.

“Hi everyone, nice to see you,” Hayoung said with a polite bow.

Yuri noticed Tiffany as she greeted them with a smile.  Her boyfriend was sitting next to her, his arm draped over her shoulder.  The sight made her look away as she recalled what happened with Tiffany back at the studio.

Hearing someone say her name, she was brought back from her thoughts. 

“Huh?” Yuri said in response.

“Like I said before, why did you bring Hayoung here?  You do know this is a bar, right?” Sooyoung said with a slight grin.

“Yes, and that’s why she has an underage stamp,” Yuri said as she raised their still conjoined hands in the air.

“Oh, I see~,” Sooyoung said slyly as if completing a secret mission.  Realizing Sooyoung’s intentions, Yuri looked over at Tiffany who had a suspicious look on her face.  Yuri quickly let go of Hayoung’s hand as if she just learned the girl had a contagious disease.  Thoroughly enjoying the contact up until that point, Hayoung sighed inwardly.

“So what does it take to get a drink around here?” Yuri stated as she sat down next to Seohyun, situating herself opposite of Tiffany. 

Through her peripheral vision, she could feel Tiffany’s eyes on her and Hayoung from the time they arrived.  Still left with a bitter taste in , a part of Yuri hoped it was burning her up inside to see them together. 

As she talked with the other members, she nonchalantly placed an arm around Hayoung who looked down shyly as she held her hands up to her face.  Wanting to take it a little further, she whispered something into Hayoung’s ear which made her giggle as Yuri’s breath tickled her neck. 

At that point, she didn’t care if she was using Hayoung; all she could think about was how happy Tiffany was with her boyfriend and the ugly reality that she could never have that with her.  As the night went on, she decided to let it go and enjoy the company of her friends and a cute girl that somehow made her forget about everything else.    

When the music finally died down and the table was at a lull, Tiffany waved to get Yuri’s attention. 

“So how did you two meet up?  I didn’t know the both of you were close,” Tiffany added, subtly referring to their hand holding earlier.     

“It’s a funny story, actually,” she said with a laugh as she looked at Hayoung who smiled shyly.  “I guess you could say we’re about second base close,” she added with a grin as Hayoung playfully hit Yuri on the arm as she blushed.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Tiffany said getting annoyed at the increasing displays of affection between the two girls.

“Oh, it’s nothing you need to know,” Yuri stated while taking a sip from her drink.  “Let’s just say that Hayoung takes care of herself both inside and out,” she continued with another Cheshire like grin.

“That’s quite enough!” Tiffany shouted as she slammed her hand down on the table, causing everyone to stop what they were doing.

“What’s your problem?” Yuri said in anger as she wiped her hands after nearly spilling her drink.  “Not like you give a damn about what I do or who I see,” Yuri spewed.

She caught a glint of hurt in Tiffany’s eyes, but at that moment, it didn't matter.

“Tiff, Yuri, take it easy, people are staring.”  Her boyfriend just had to in.

“No one was talking to you, so why don’t you just be quiet and go back to being Tiffany’s .”  Yuri couldn’t believe she just said that.  Tiffany was just as shocked as hung open with the rest of the members sharing a similar expression.

“I think everyone just needs to chill out for a minute, we all had a lot to drink tonight,” Taeyeon reasoned trying to remedy the situation.

With alcohol infused blood pumping through her veins, Yuri could only see red.  Unable to heed Taeyeon’s words, there was no going back.

“It’s true, isn’t it?  Ooo look at me, I’m so caring and princely.  What a bunch of bull.”  With a worried look, Hayoung grabbed Yuri’s arm, but she quickly pushed her off.

“If you have a problem with me, just say it.  I’m a big boy, I can take it,” he said as if trying to provoke her.

“Actually, I do,” Yuri said with disdain.  “You’re not good enough for Tiffany.  Not now, not ever and I can prove it,” she said with a sinister laugh.

“By all means, please do,” he said invitingly. 

Without another word, Yuri stood up and headed for the exit.

“Wait, don’t do it!” Tiffany pleaded as she tried to grab his arm to stop him from leaving, but he quickly dodged her advances and followed Yuri outside.

Having gained the attention of everyone at the bar, people began to make their way outside, excited to see what would happen next.  With concerned looks, the rest of the group and Hayoung hurried behind.