Recovery

My mistake

Minutes later, Yuri walked in carrying a white case with a red cross.

“I found the medical kit, but no ice,” she said feeling a little defeated. 

As she sat down next to Hayoung, she placed the case on the table to take a look inside.

“Hmmm….” she said as she searched through the contents.  “Okay, I think this will do the trick.” She held up a tube in her hand.  “It’s menthol cream, it should help ease some of the pain you’re feeling.” 

With Hayoung’s back toward her, Yuri hesitated.  She took a deep breath to calm the butterflies she suddenly felt in her stomach. 

“Would you be able to umm, remove your blouse?  I wasn’t able to see that far up soooo if your shoulders are bruised, we would uhhh want to-“ Yuri paused as she tried to swallow the lump that had formed in .  “-make sure some cream is applied to that area as well.”       

She was glad Hayoung was facing the other way as she could feel her face pulsating with heat.

Hayoung sat there silent for a few seconds before she began to her blouse.

Yuri didn’t dare move an inch, watching as Hayoung moved her long hair aside, giving her a perfect view.  Her mind wandered for a second, captivated by Hayoung’s body.  Quickly shaking her head, she snapped back to reality and forced herself to focus.

She squeezed some of the cream onto her fingers, slowly inching her way closer.  As she made contact, Hayoung arched her back, reacting to the cooling sensation she felt. 

Yuri stopped for a second, but continued as Hayoung relaxed again.  She began to move her fingers in a circular motion, gently massaging the cream over each bruised area.

Yuri’s hands were magical; it was as if she somehow knew all the right places, sending Hayoung closer to the edge with every touch.  With her body betraying her, she closed her eyes as a soft moan escaped her lips.  Instantly, her eyes flew back open once she realized what she had done.  Even though the room was deathly quiet, she hoped it went unnoticed.      

It didn’t. 

Thinking she may have been too rough, Yuri was quick to ask, “Are you okay?  Did it hurt?”

“No!  It felt good.  I mean, it was okay!  It didn’t hurt at all.” Hayoung was completely flustered from Yuri’s ministrations.  At that moment, she wanted nothing more than to crawl in a hole and live there forever.

“Okay, okay,” Yuri said with a laugh.  “I’m actually done.”

Yuri’s last statement caused Hayoung to frown.  She liked being cared for and thoroughly enjoyed the attention she was receiving.

As Yuri began to wipe her hands, Hayoung blurted out, “My bra!  What about....my bra,” she said with uncertainty.  “If it was in the way, I can remove it.” 

Now it was Yuri’s turn to feel flustered.  “No!  I mean, that won’t be necessary.  You’re fine.  I mean, I didn’t see any bruising there!” 

As Hayoung began to reach behind her back to undo the clasp, Yuri reached for it to stop her from doing just that.  Arriving at the same place at the same time, Yuri was now holding Hayoung’s hands.

After staying that way for what seemed like eternity, Yuri finally broke the silence.

“Oh I guess I should let go of your hands so you can put your blouse back on,” Yuri said sheepishly, her face still flushed.

“Yeah,” was all Hayoung could say. 

With her back still turned, she began to redress. Yuri placed the unused supplies back into the medical kit and made her way to the door.

Before leaving, Yuri thought she should tell the girl to go home and get some rest.

Turning abruptly, Yuri’s knees almost buckled as she watched Hayoung button her blouse, her bra very much visible.

Like a deer caught in headlights, Yuri froze.  Her mind was screaming for her to turn around and run away, but her body wouldn’t budge.

When Hayoung noticed the room was silent she looked up and was equally shocked to see Yuri standing there, gaping mouth and all. 

“Sun-bae-nim….” Hayoung said slowly, almost in a whisper.

After hearing her voice, Yuri somehow regained control of her motor functions and without a single word, did a 180 turn and left.  As if she had been holding her breath the entire time, she let out a long exhale, leaning on the closed door behind her for support. 

Hayoung remained still until the cold air in the room sent a chill through her body, snapping her out of her trance.  When she finished dressing, she stood up and was about to leave when she noticed Yuri’s phone on the table.

“I guess I’ll wait until she comes back; I didn’t get a chance to properly thank her for taking care of me,” she told herself.

All of a sudden, Yuri’s phone buzzed indicating she received a text message. 

She was about to reach for it when she stopped herself. 

“Don’t do it, Hayoung.  It’s Yuri sunbaenim’s phone.”

Just then, the door opened again and Yuri appeared.

“Oh, you’re still here?” Yuri said quite calmly.

“I didn’t get a chance to properly thank you for taking care of me,” Hayoung said as she stood up to bow.

“It’s okay, really.  If anyone should be thankful, it should be me; you know, you’re tougher than you look,” she said with a chuckle.

Hayoung giggled at Yuri’s comment before remembering her phone.

“I almost forgot, your phone!  You received a message when you were gone,” she said as she handed the phone to Yuri.   

Reading the text, Yuri’s expression changed as she furrowed her brow.

“Is everything okay?” Hayoung asked.  “I hope I didn’t keep you from something important.”

“No, no, it’s not that,” Yuri said, looking up from her phone.  “The girls were planning a get together tonight to celebrate TTS’ comeback.  It seems that everyone is already there.”  Her tone was rather flat.

“I’ll just skip it; I’m not in the mood to celebrate,” she mumbled to herself as she looked at her phone again.

“It’s my fault you don’t want to go.  You would have already been there if it wasn’t for me.  Please go, sunbaenim.  I can find my way home on my own,” the younger girl pleaded.

“No, let me take you home, please.  It’s the least I can do after all that’s happened,” Yuri said feeling guilty. 

Hayoung’s heart fluttered as she was reminded of how much Yuri seemed to care for her.  Not wanting the night to end just yet, she thought for a moment before speaking.

“If I allow you to take me home, you have to promise that you’ll meet up with the rest of your group, even if it’s just for a short while.  I don’t want you to miss out on anything because of me.”  She looked directly into Yuri’s eyes, giving the older girl the impression that she wasn’t about to take no for an answer.

Despite her better judgement, Yuri gave in.  “Okay, you win.  If you’re feeling up to it, let’s go,” she said with a smile.  With a surge of adrenaline, Hayoung felt completely rejuvenated.  Unexpectedly, Yuri reached for Hayoung’s hand and held it gently as they walked out together.