Chapter 3

Ghost

 

Luhan sat on his chair in his office. He was lost in a daydream- thinking about something that was bothering him yesterday. He was too immersed in his thought that he didn’t realize that Sehun is coming towards him. He flinched when Sehun put his hand on his shoulder.

“What are you thinking right now that you didn’t answer my calls?” Sehun asked him when Luhan didn’t reply his text message and answer his calls.

 

Luhan checked his phone and realized that Sehun sent a text to him and called him at least three times. He sighed before turned to Sehun who was folding his arms while waiting for his best friend’s answer.

“I’m sorry, Sehun. I was just thinking of something.” Luhan rubbed his face with his palms.

“What are you thinking about?” Sehun is curious about what his friend thinking about. He’s rarely daydream like this.

“About that school. I was wondering if they’re done with their investigation. I mean that girl committed suicide, so it’s not going to take so long.” Luhan told him what’s on his mind.

 

Luhan worried if he couldn’t finish his task before the deadline. Although Mr. Kim already gave him a new deadline, he wants to finish his work very fast. Besides that, it’s his favorite work; photography. Despite he’s only 23 years old, he’s already received a lot of compliment from the CEO about his photography which is his best achievement and he wants to maintain that.

 

“How’s your work?” Luhan referred to Sehun’s current work; to report about a murder case in airport.

“I’m in-charge for that news. There’s this one cleaner who came into the toilet for cleaning when she realized that one of the cubicles have blood stains all over the wall and door too. When she entered that cubicle, she saw a huge black plastic bag and took a look of it. She saw a head of a woman being chopped off and her other parts of her body were inside the plastic bag too.” Sehun shivered while telling Luhan the story.

“Did they find the culprit?” Luhan hoped that the murderer didn’t do it again. It was too cruel for him.

Sehun shook his head. “The police want to see the CCTV but someone broke in the security room and took the tape and destroyed the camera.”

Luhan groaned. He hates something like this happened. “Maybe the culprit did it.” He added. Sehun nodded in agree.

“Do you want to know the breaking news is?” Sehun continued making his story more interesting.

Luhan nodded because he was interested as well.

 

“The victim is actually wife of the CEO of SEO Architecture Company, Seo Jinhyuk.” Sehun revealed to Luhan.

Luhan’s eyes were wide opened after hearing that. Who didn’t know about Seo Jinhyuk, the CEO of SEO Architecture Company? The successful CEO that has a strong company that no one can challenge his company. All architecture companies look up to him. He’s the type of person who won’t give up and has a very strong will. That’s why he’s successful. Not to mention, he is a philanthropist. He did a lot of good deeds. The lady who died in airport yesterday is his wife? That means-

 

“You know what, now they found out that she’s his wife, a lot of reporters tried to dig information about his family as well.” Sehun continued.

Luhan gulped. He suddenly remembered something.

“This is what I got from other reporters. They said that the couple married a long time ago and they have four children; two girls and two boys. I’m surprised that he’s married. I mean he never mention anything about his private life. He avoided every question regarding his private life before.” Sehun added.

Seo Jinhyuk kept his private life secretly. No one knows about his family or anything. Everything about him is about his success.

“We managed to interview him this morning but something was off with him. He didn’t show any reaction at all. He’s just being his usual self. He was calm and act like nothing has happened to him. I mean think about it, if you lost someone that you really love, shouldn’t you feel sad and crying?” Luhan nodded at Sehun, agreeing of what he said.

“But he’s not like that. He even answered to all question with a smile. I have a bad feeling about him.”

Luhan raised his eyebrow when Sehun said that. “What do you mean?”

“I get a feeling that Seo Jinhyuk has something to do with his wife’s death. Well, that’s just my thought. I guess I should go now.” Sehun patted Luhan’s shoulder before leaving.

“Then, why did you come here?” Luhan asked Sehun.

“I was about to ask you for lunch but it looks like someone is hard-working today.” Sehun pointed to Luhan’s desk.

Luhan took a look at his desk and there’s a lunch box on his desk.

 

He was not the one who prepared this lunch box. Joohyun did. Yes, she made a lunch box for him. Weird, isn’t it?

But his thoughts back with Sehun’s words earlier. He revealed the victim named Son Eunseo is the wife of Seo Jinhyuk. Yesterday, he heard Joohyun said ‘mom’ when Eunseo’s picture was shown on news. That means Joohyun is Seo Jinhyuk’s daughter? Her brothers that he met are his sons? Joohyun’s missing sister is also his daughter? That explains why she stayed at the mansion. Her family is filthy rich.

One thing that bothered him is why Joohyun didn’t want to say that her family is rich? But it’s not that surprise to be honest. Seo Jinhyuk’s private life is unknown to everyone. He maybe told them not to tell other people about their family.

However, Joohyun’s reaction towards the news confused him a bit. Like Sehun said, during Seo Jinhyuk’s interview, he was calm while answering the questions and he didn’t show any reaction at all after hearing that his wife is dead. Not to mention, when Luhan met Joohyun’s brothers, they showed a blank face and they didn’t look shock at all after received the news about their dead sister. This family is so weird.

 

~Flashback~

 

“Mom?”

 

Luhan turned abruptly to Joohyun after hearing that. Is that her mother? Well, they do look alike. Both of them are pretty. First, it’s her and now, her mother. Luhan felt bad for her.

 

“Is she your mother?” Luhan asked as he wants to confirm with what she said but to his surprise, she turned to him with a smile.

“Oh my, I break your glass. I need to clean this up.” She squatted down and took the shattered glass like nothing happened.

 

She ignored his question. Luhan wondered why. He was sure that he heard it right. The victim is her mother but why she ignored his question and smiled like it wasn’t a big thing?

She came while bringing a mop and mopped the floor. Luhan was glad that he stays alone. At least no one will freak out seeing things were moving by itself or any floating objects because Joohyun touched it. She did everything like a normal human being.

 

“I made a dinner for you.” She told him after mopping the floor.

Luhan took a glance at his dining table and his jaw dropped seeing plates and dishes were on table. Usually, the dining table would be empty and he only used it when he was on his laptop or eating some fast foods. He never touches the kitchen utensils though. His fridge often empty sometimes and he didn’t know how to cook which explains why his kitchen is quite clean.

 


 

Luhan went home after his office hour and heard something from the kitchen. He tiptoed to look what’s going on with his kitchen right now. From far, he saw Joohyun chopping something. He stared at her for a long time, observing her.

Joohyun realized that someone has been watching her and turned to see and saw Luhan there.

“I’m making a dinner for you. Please go and take a shower while waiting for your dinner.” She told him with a sweet smile.

Instead of doing what Joohyun told him, he went inside the kitchen and continues to observe her. She was chopping some kimchi into small pieces. The cutting board became red due to the kimchi stains but her hands are clean. Wait! She is a ghost. Luhan face palmed himself for being stupid.

 

“What’s wrong?” Joohyun was taken aback when he face palmed himself.

Luhan blinked a few times. “Um, what are you going to cook?” He asked her although he was nervous.

“Well, your fridge only has kimchi and you have a bag of rice that hasn’t used yet. I’m going to cook kimchi fried rice today.” She answered his question.

That kimchi he bought when he wanted to eat ramen. He needs kimchi so he bought it. After that, he didn’t eat kimchi again. He’s not sure if the kimchi still tasted good or not.

 

Luhan watched as she fried the kimchi in frying pan. He didn’t know how to feel. Scared or amazes? Scared because ghost can cook for his dinner. Amazed because ghost can cook for his dinner. Isn’t that just the same thing? Basically, he felt scared and amazed because of the same reason.

Joohyun put rice onto the frying pan and mixed the rice and kimchi. She even added the kimchi juice into it and now the rice becomes red. She was too focusing on her cooking and he can tell it. Well, she needs to focus when she needs to touch something.

Within a few minutes, the fried rice is done. She took a plate and serves it. She noticed that Luhan hasn’t changed his clothes yet.

 

“Aren’t you going to change?” Joohyun asked while tilting her head which Luhan found it cute.

“I think I’m going to eat first.” Luhan can’t help but his mouth waters from looking at Joohyun’s kimchi fried rice.

Joohyun looked at the fried rice and smiles. “Well, it’s nothing special actually. It’s just going to taste like kimchi because there are no other stuffs here. I used to cook this for my family when they want it. Usually, I’m going to put hot pepper paste and sesame oil to make it tastier but since your home didn’t have that, I just cooked this for you.” She explained to him.

 

Joohyun took a spoon and placed it on the plate and she placed it on dining table. She pulled Luhan’s hand and made him sit on his place. Luhan took a bite and she’s right; it tasted like kimchi but it still good. It’s been a long time he tasted somebody’s home cooked food. It felt really great.

“Do you want to taste it?” Luhan offered for her.

Joohyun shook her head. “I can’t eat. I’m a ghost.”

At this moment, Luhan really wants to smack his head. He didn’t how many times he’s being stupid again.

 

“I hope you can buy some other stuff for me to cook.” Joohyun let him know about that.

Luhan raised his eyebrow. Why he needs to buy something for her to cook? Is she wanted to cook for him?

“Are you going to cook for me?” Luhan asked.

Joohyun nodded at him. “I’m going to cook for you from now on.”

Luhan felt grateful when someone wants to cook for him. After his mother, no one has cooked for him. But one thing that Luhan didn’t understand is why she is here? Didn’t she promise not to disturb him anymore?

 

“There’s one thing that I want to ask you, Joohyun.” Joohyun looked at him with her big eyes. Her mother and her brother, Kyungsoo have the same eyes as hers. “I thought that you promised to me that you won’t disturb me anymore but why did you come here?” Luhan asked in soft tone. He won’t get mad if he’s eating.

Joohyun fiddled her fingers that were placed on the dining table. She thought for a while before answer. “I have no place to go.” She paused for a while before continue, “You’re the only one who can see me now.”

“Then, why don’t you go to your home even though they can’t see you but I’m sure that you missed them.” Luhan asked her while shoving a spoonful of rice.

“I don’t want to see them crying.” Joohyun sighed while answering.

Luhan raised his eyebrow again. So those two cold boys did cry? For her or their mother?

 

“Joohyun, can I ask you about your family?” He decided to ask her about her family. The answer that she gave two days ago wasn’t satisfied for him. One thing, he needs to confirm that she’s Seo Jinhyuk’s daughter.

Joohyun looks so uncomfortable when he asked that. It was like there’s something that she didn’t want to tell. She took a deep breath and clears . “My elder brother is Seo Minseok. He is 19 years old and currently attending in a university. He has a calm attitude and he looks serious but can be playful too. We really like him and listen to him very well.” She told about her elder brother.

“Seo Kyungsoo is 16 years old and he has big eyes. We called him ‘owl’ or sometimes ‘evil little brother’ because when he glared, it looks like he planned something evil towards us. But he’s cute and squishy. No one can resist him.” She told about her younger brother.

“Seo Seulgi? She’s 15 years old and unlike me, she’s more to cool type girl or maybe a little bit tomboyish. Unlike three of us, she’s more into breaking the rules in our home but of course she knows the limit. We really love her.” She told about her younger sister.

 

And that’s it? What about her parents? Why she didn’t talk about them? Did she have a problem with them?

“Your parents?” If that question is not enough, a direct one would be better.

But she was silent. She heaved a breath and turned to him. “You should finish your food now.” She changed the topic.

“Seo Jinhyuk and Son Eunseo are your parents?” Luhan asked her directly.

But Joohyun looks anxious. Like she was surprise about that. She must have not expected that Luhan knew her parents. She was silent and deep in her thoughts.

 

“So, it’s true. Your father is Seo Jinhyuk, the CEO of SEO Architecture Company, and your mother is Son Eunseo, the victim who dead in airport with her body being chopped off. Am I right?”

She didn’t react anything after Luhan told her about her parents.

“Why don’t you just tell me? Or did you have a problem with your parents? Or maybe because they were often out of country that they ignored you? That’s why you never said anything about your parents, aren’t you? They were not there and you feel like you don’t have parents.”

Joohyun clenched her fist while breathing heavily. She can’t take it anymore as she banged the table making Luhan flinched.

“You don’t know anything about my family at all! So shut up and don’t you dare to talk bad about my family!” Joohyun leaves making Luhan blinked in shock because Joohyun shouted at him.

 

 

 

 

 


I'm sorry for late update but I think this chapter is quite boring though.

Have you listened to Red Velvet's new songs? I love Automatic and Ice Cream Cake especially Ice Cream Cake because it's fun and catchy. Other songs that I like are Stupid Cupid or maybe Take It Slow. I think I want to make perhaps one-shot of Seohan for Stupid Cupid. When I listened to Take It Slow I don't know why but it reminds me of Seohan. TT_TT. I miss them.