Chapter 10

Ghost

 

Dear diary,

I am so happy today. One of the Eunseo’s daughters is dead. And I kidnap another daughter as a hostage. My son, Youngwan did a good job today. He told me that he will lure Joohyun to this place but it’s even better that Seulgu came along. It makes my job become easier.

Now my next target will be Kyungsoo but I want Eunseo to die first. I want her to die. I need to stop her from taking everything from me again!

Sincerely,
Jung Seyeon

 

Dear diary,

Someone is trying to ruin my work today but I handled it very well. I tried to kill him but today, I’m thinking of killing Kyungsoo so I gave the money to the driver who always picked Kyungsoo from school to bring him here and he did. Even better, he knocked Kyungsoo’s head until he is unconscious like how I told him. I want to kill them but Youngwan gave me an idea. How about they die together?

I like that idea. I bet that none of them wants to die. Of course they don’t have any choice but to die because of the poison. I was so happy.

But I don’t expect to see Kyungsoo sacrificed himself and let that guy alive. Honestly, I was excited when that guy said that he wants to sacrifice himself. If only he sacrificed, no one is going on my way again and I will kill Kyungsoo easily.

I let that guy go while threatening him that I will kill Seulgi if he decided to report anyone about this. But I won’t let him go easily. Tomorrow, Youngwan will meet him and kill him but I’ve heard that he works with press. I told Youngwan to force him to write an article about the truth of Seo Jinhyuk before he kills that guy.

I trust my son to handle this matter.

Sincerely,
Jung Seyeon

 

Joohyun ran from the ‘Hope Orphanage’ leaving Seulgi alone to go to Luhan’s place. He is the killer’s next target. His picture was there on the wall. After she read the diary, she found out who is the one who killed her. It is Youngwan. She finally remembered now. And Jung Seyeon? As in Ms. Jung? Her teacher before? She couldn’t believe this! But she stated there that Youngwan is her son. As far as she could remember, Ms. Jung once told her students that she hasn’t married yet.

Ms. Jung is indeed planning to kill her family. Although she doesn’t know what was her reason, she needs to save Luhan first. She doesn’t want him to die because of Ms. Jung’s problem with her family. He has nothing to do with this.

 


 

“You-” Luhan lost his words to say anything because he can’t believe that Youngwan is pointing a gun to his head. Is he involved in this matter too? Could it be- he is the one who killed Joohyun?

“Shut up!” Youngwan growled.

“But why?” Luhan wanted to know why and what does he have anything to do with Ms. Jung and the Seo family.

“You want to know why? Are you sure? But you need to do something to me." Said Youngwan.

On the other hand, Luhan didn’t know what to do. He is really stumped with what happened to him and finally he realized that his life is in danger. He is facing with the killer now but is he the one who killed Joohyun?

 

“Are you the one who killed Joohyun?” Luhan asked.

Youngwan laughed in an evil way with his question. It looks like he is the one. “Yes, I killed Joohyun. I killed her by using the guitar strap and strangled her.” He admitted proudly.

 

~Flashback~

 

“Youngwan?” Joohyun called him with a shocking expression and she couldn’t believe that the guy that she loves betrayed her. She couldn’t describe how hurt she was when she saw him making out with other girl.

It was Seulgi who dragged her here. She told her about Youngwan and only Seulgi knew about it. Joohyun didn’t dare to tell this boyfriend matter to her family because she knew how they would react if they found out that she had a boyfriend. That’s why she only told about Youngwan to Seulgi. Seulgi can be trusted because unlike the rest of the family, she is the only one who has her own way and didn’t care about everything what her parents’ rules. Despite she is like that, she still listened to them, respect them like others.

 

Youngwan turned to Joohyun with an annoyed look. How could she disturb his time with Soon Ae! He doesn’t even love her in the first place and the reason why he dated her because of the bet that his friends made.

Meanwhile, Soon Ae was anxious with Joohyun’s presence here. She thought that they broke up but why is Joohyun here? Could it be that she hasn’t moved on and wanted Youngwan back from her? Or she wanted to have a fight with her?

 

“What do you want? You’re interrupting us!” Youngwan asked coarsely.

Joohyun flinched with the way Youngwan asked her. That is not the way he used to talk to her. She felt hurt and wanted to cry at the moment. This is going to be the first time ever she broke down in front of someone. In fact, she never cried in front of her family as well. This feeling is like someone that you trusted turned against you.

 

“Why did you do this?” Joohyun asked weakly.

Youngwan answered her like without hesitation. “I don’t love you at all. I never loved you in the first place. The reason I dated you because you were my friends’ bet to date Soon Ae.” Youngwan pulled Soon Ae’s waist closer to him. “And I got her now. That means you and I are nothing.”

Joohyun felt like her world is shattered after knowing the truth from him. She was used for a bet? That’s why he dated her in the first place? She could’t believe it! She hoped that what he said was just a dream or a lie. “No! I want you. We promised that we will be together!”

“Didn’t I tell you that I never loved you? That means the promise is fake. I wouldn’t want a girl like you. You’re like a robot. I bet no one wants you at all. You’re pathetic! Such a loser. I feel disgusted with you.” Youngwan continued to insult her and sometimes, swearing at her too.

 

Seulgi was taken aback with Youngwan’s words to her sister. How dare he call her sister like that! She knew that Youngwan is a total jerk when she saw a glimpse of him but Joohyun will never listen to her. Seeing her sister being humiliated, she decided to stand up and protect her sister.

“Shut your bloody mouth, you idiot! Don’t you dare to hurt my sister!” Seulgi retorted back at him with a swear. It is definitely surprising for someone like Seulgi to swear. Though she might be the rebel in the Seo family, she never once used any profanity to anyone. The word ‘idiot’ is enough for her to think that it is harsh and offensive. But this time, she used it to someone who deserved it.

Youngwan let out a laugh while looking at Seulgi who was protecting her sister. “It’s funny when your little sister is protecting you, Joohyun. It just shows that you’re useless because you can’t handle it.”

“You don’t know us so don’t you make fun of us! Argh!”

Joohyun turned to Seulgi who was lying on the ground before turned to the back with an extremely shocking expression when she felt something that was pressing on her neck really hard that it made her unable to breath.

She saw Miss Jung right in front of her while crossing her arm with an evil smirk on her face. She was holding a baseball bat which Joohyun assumed that it was used to hit Seulgi earlier. Joohyun tried to say something but nothing could come out as she was struggling herself to breath. She was also trying to get a brief look on who is the one behind her and Youngwan was the one.

With a smirk, Youngwan strangled her even harder causing Joohyun to pass out and slowly closed her eyes. He released her and her body immediately dropped to the ground motionless. Miss Jung checked on her pulse and smiled in victory when Joohyun is dead.

 

“What about her? Should I kill her?” Youngwan pointed to the unconscious Seulgi while asking his mother whether he should kill Seulgi or not.

“Let’s wait for her. I have something to do to her for my Seo Jinhyuk. I will take her to my place and you and your girlfriend, do something to that girl.” Miss Jung commanded Youngwan and Soon Ae to do something to Joohyun so that no one knows that she was killed.

Youngwan rolled his eyes to his mother’s order. He didn’t like it when his mother made him to do something and ruined his time with his girlfriend. He turned to Soon Ae who was watching him in terrifying because he just killed his ex-girlfriend.

He walked towards her but the fear is clearly evident on her face that she wanted to run away from him. Soon Ae felt like her life is in danger. She felt regret for agreeing him to be his girlfriend. She realized that if she did something bad, her life will be ended like Joohyun.

 

Youngwan held Soon Ae’s arms with a smile and noticed her shivering. He planted a kiss on her lips which shocked her.

“Don’t worry. Nothing can come between us anymore. I will always protect you.” He assured to Soon Ae.

~End of flashback~

 

“Miss Jung? Seulgi’s homeroom teacher is your mother? But how?” Luhan couldn’t believe with what he had heard just now. Miss Jung as in Jung Seyeon who killed Son Eunseo is Youngwan’s mother. Like mother, like son. Both of them killed Eunseo and Joohyun. He can assume that both of them also behind all these. But as far as he knows, Miss Jung isn’t married yet. Who is Youngwan’s father?

“How? You should ask Seo Jinhyuk about that.” Luhan furrowed his brows at the mention of Seo Jinhyuk. Wait! Could it be something that he was thinking right now? “He is such an irresponsible person. He left my mother for another girl after what he did to my mother?” Youngwan looked at Luhan with an angry face plastered on his face. “My mother was pregnant and she waited for him to come back from abroad to tell him about that but only to find out that he was going to get married with Eunseo and left my mother heartbroken. My mother left home to start a new life somewhere and she raised me alone.”

At this moment, Luhan didn’t know who to trust. Seo Jinhyuk or Youngwan? Seo Jinhyuk said that Jung Seyeon is or was her adopted sister before he claimed that the last time they met was the time he came back from oversea to tell his parents about his intention of getting married with Eunseo. However, Youngwan said that Seo Jinhyuk left Jung Seyeon when she was pregnant. That means, Youngwan is Seo Jinhyuk and Jung Seyeon’s lovechild. But Seo Jinhyuk never mentioned anything about liking Jung Seyeon unless he wants to cover up his past mistakes. Then, Luhan remembered that Seo Jinhyuk said that Eunseo was his first love. Everything is getting confusing now.

 

“My mother met Seo Jinhyuk accidently and greeted him but he didn’t remember her at all. Don’t you think it’s funny? After what he had done to my mother, he forgets everything? He didn’t recognize my mother?” Youngwan stopped for awhile before continued. “My mother found out that he is married to Joohyun’s mother and she hates her because Joohyun’s mother took away everything she had. One thing that you should know is that Joohyun’s mother is a . She had slept with many men and dared to play innocent with Seo Jinhyuk. And Seo Jinhyuk? He chose that and left my mother alone. I can't believe it!”

Things that Luhan remembered what Joohyun and Seo Jinhyuk said about Eunseo are that she is a cold woman, someone who loathes attention, someone who doesn’t trust people easily. He wasn’t sure whether what Youngwan said was a lie that was created by his mother so that he can go against Seo Jinhyuk’s family. But for him, he didn’t want to believe in Youngwan.

 

“I don’t care about anything but why do you have to kill them? Joohyun and Kyungsoo? And kidnapping Seulgi? They are not related to this mess.” Just because their parents’ fault, even if that’s their fault, the three kids shouldn’t be blamed. They are innocent.

Youngwan turned to Luhan with a wicked smirk followed with a scoff. “Of course, they are related. They are related to Eunseo. My mother felt that it’s unfair for her to live miserable like this while they lived happily. My mother decided to take revenge on them and I want to help her too because of our life was ruined by them.”

What kind of excuse was that? Just because they are Eunseo’s children, he had to kill them. Luhan is disgusted with Youngwan even more. He is not wrong for hating him from the start. Everything about him is unlikable. Sometimes, he wondered why Joohyun fell in love with this bastard.

 

“I have a request for you. It’s from my mother.” Youngwan made an appeal to Luhan about what his mother wants. “You’re a journalist, aren’t you? You write an article, right? What I want you to do is to write an article about the truth of Seo Jinhyuk, about what he had done to my mother, and the truth about Son Eunseo. Can you do that?”

Luhan is in difficult situation. There is no way he will write about someone’s past to bring them down. He doesn’t like to do that. Though most media will do it because it will become a hot story throughout the nation. However, he didn’t know whether the story about Seo Jinhyuk, Son Eunseo, and Jung Seyeon’s past is true or not. He might lose his job if he writes about false accusation.

Youngwan put up his gun and pointed to Luhan making him shocked and gasped with Youngwan’s action. “You better write it or else I will shoot and” He took something from his pocket and Luhan’s eyes widened as he saw the same remote where the kidnapper threatened him that Seulgi will die if he pressed the button. “-Seulgi will die.”

Luhan realized that his life is in danger. There is nothing that he can do to save himself. He really didn’t want to do this but freaked out when he saw Youngwan slowly pulled the trigger to shoot him. “Okay, I will do it!” He finally said it in fear that he is going to die. For some reason, he doesn’t mind if he dies. He regretted and blamed himself for Kyungsoo’s death and thought that he should die as redeem.

Youngwan put down the gun and gave an evil smirk to Luhan. “Give me your phone!” Luhan blinked at his order. What is he going to do now? Fearing that he will shoot him, he gave his phone to him and within a second, Youngwan threw it on the floor hardly before smashed it into pieces. Luhan flinched and jolted upon seeing how Youngwan treated his phone. Now he got it that Youngwan doesn’t want him to contact anyone for help.

 


 

Luhan wrote the article of what Youngwan wants him to write the supposedly ‘truth’ about Seo Jinhyuk and Son Eunseo in his laptop. Youngwan stood behind him to watch him so that he won’t do anything stupid. However, Luhan desperately needs someone to save him from this but his phone had been crashed by Youngwan. The only thing he has is his laptop. His laptop has an application which connected to his phone and the contact from his phone is also on his laptop too. Maybe, he can ask for help through that but with Youngwan behind him, it’s impossible.

Luck was on his side, Youngwan began to move to the living room and this is his chance to open the application and ask someone to call the police for him. He quickly looked at the contact but he doesn’t know which one he should ask for help. He randomly picked Seo Jinhyuk, Minseok, Sehun and even Mr. Kim to ask them to call the police to his house.

 

To: Mr. Seo Jinhyuk, Minseok, Sehun, Mr. Kim

This is Luhan. Please call the police to my house. I’m in danger!

 

When Youngwan came to his direction, he quickly hid the application and continued to write it, pretending that nothing happens. He managed to send the message to these four people when Youngwan isn’t behind him and hoping that they would notice it.

While he was writing, someone replied to him and he quickly takes a look on it when Youngwan isn’t there. All four of them replied and asked them why and what happened. Luhan took a brief look at the corner of his eyes to make sure that Youngwan isn’t coming to him while he was trying to reply the message.

 

To: Mr. Seo Jinhyuk, Minseok, Sehun, Mr. Kim

Just call it! Please help me! Save me! Someone is going to kill me.

 

He sent the message and continued to write it until he is finished writing everything that he and his mother wanted.

 

“I’m done.” He told to Youngwan.

Youngwan came to him after hearing that he was done writing an article and checked it to make sure that he is writing everything what he wants. After reading everything, he is satisfied with it and told him to do the next thing. “Good! Now, I want you to send this to your editor and I want it to be published by tomorrow. Do it now!” He ordered.

Luhan nodded and followed everything with what Youngwan said. He highlighted all the words and purposely deleted everything and all the things that he wrote is lost and can’t be undo. He faked a gasp and it caught Youngwan’s attention.

 

“What happened?” Youngwan asked in anger.

“I clicked a wrong option and now everything is gone. I have to write it again.” Luhan tried to make an excuse because he purposely deleted everything so that he doesn’t have to send to his editor although it will make Youngwan furious.

“What?” Youngwan shouted in rage and looked at his laptop only to find it that it’s empty. He turned to Luhan with an angry face and Luhan was shivering in fear inside. No one can tell how scared he is with Youngwan now. “You! You intended to do that, right?” Luhan shocked his head and told him that it was accident but Youngwan knew better. He banged the table making Luhan jumped in shock.

 


 

Joohyun finally arrived at Luhan’s house and was surprised that they are quite a number of police in front of Luhan’s house. She saw two familiar figures and it was her father and brother. Aside from them and the police, they were two guys; one of them is around Luhan’s age and the other one is around her father’s age. They were discussing something while holding their phone and showing something.

 

“He sent me the same thing too.” Mr. Kim told the police after hearing from Seo Jinhyuk and his son as well as Sehun that they received messages from Luhan asking them to call the police.

When Sehun and Mr. Kim arrived, they were surprised to see Seo Jinhyuk and a young guy there. It’s like a dream come true for both of them that they met Seo Jinhyuk really close. Even though Sehun has met him before but there were a lot of people. They were confused on why people like Seo Jinhyuk would come to Luhan’s house.

“He said that he is in danger. Someone is trying to kill him.” Minseok said recalling the messages that Luhan gave to him.

While they were discussing about that, one of the police knocked the door while holding a gun.

 


 

“Police! Please open the door!” A police commanded from outside startled Youngwan and Luhan.

Youngwan looked at the door before he turned slowly to Luhan while gritting his teeth. Meanwhile, Luhan felt like his whole body is frozen because he was to scared that his heart is beating incredibly fast and he couldn’t explain how nervous he is now that Youngwan found out that police came to his house. Youngwan probably found out that he is the one who called the police.

 

“Did you call the police?” Youngwan asked angrily.

Luhan didn’t dare to answer that but he shook his head to deny it before Youngwan pointed the gun on his head which making his eyes gone wide and gulped in fear. He was afraid to die. His body was shaking when Youngwan slowly pulled the trigger and heard a gasp. Joohyun was standing at his door while covering in surprise.

“Open the door!” Luhan yelled.

Youngwan punched him and Joohyun gasped again upon seeing another horrified moment in front of her eyes. She brought back to her sense when Luhan kept shouting to her to open the door and immediately she opened it.

 

“Police! Drop your gun and put your hands in the air.” One of the police commanded.

However, Youngwan didn’t listen instead he pulled Luhan to his front while pointing the gun to his head. All the police including Seo Jinhyuk, Minseok, Sehun and Mr. Kim entered the house to see the commotion. The four people were shock to see Luhan in that state. They couldn’t understand this situation. Who is that guy who is trying to kill Luhan? However, Seo Jinhyuk and Minseok sensed that he is the one who planned to kill their family.

Youngwan scoffed when all the police pointed the gun towards both of them. “Try to shoot me if you think it will ever hit me.” He dared to the police. If the police pulled the trigger, the one who is going to be hit by the bullet is Luhan as Youngwan completely hid himself behind him.

Luhan was totally helpless right now. His body is becoming weaker and shaking really bad. He felt like he couldn’t breathe with every moment that happened right now. The sound of the clock ticking inside his head was heard as he was making a countdown when Youngwan is going to shoot him.

 

“Luhan!”

Luhan turns to the voice and it was Joohyun who called him. She signaled him to do something and that got Luhan an idea but it’s too risky in every way. He keeps thinking what if Youngwan accidently pulls the trigger from his action? He slowly takes a deep breath and hoping for the best. He elbowed Youngwan’s ribs causing him to flinch and eventually managed to move to the side. Youngwan raised his gun and pointed to Luhan but one of the police is fast enough to shoot him right in his head and Youngwan fell to the floor and unconscious.

It was a close call. Luhan felt like his soul is leaving his body after getting away from Youngwan. After all, he could tell that Youngwan is going to shoot him and his two eyes saw that the gun was pointing directly towards him. He was getting ready from that but luckily the police is fast.

 

The police surrounded Youngwan’s body that was lying on the floor. Meanwhile, Seo Jinhyuk, Minseok, Sehun, and Mr. Kim went to Luhan to check on him. Sehun hugged Luhan while heaving a relieved sigh that his best friend is safe. Luhan looked at Seo Jinhyuk and he remembered of what Youngwan said about Seo Jinhyuk being his father. He wanted to ask him about that but it is the best for him to ask that privately.

One of the police rolls Youngwan’s body and suddenly, a remote falls off from his pocket. A police picks it up and questions it. Joohyun gasped and Luhan’s eyes widened after looking at the remote.

 

“Luhan!” Joohyun screamed and Luhan looked at her. “It’s on!” She said.

Luhan realized that the light has changed into red indicating that the button has been pressed probably due to the impact from Youngwan’s fall. That means the poison thing is operating and it will enter Selgi and she will die because of it. No! This can't be! Seulgi is going to die!

 


 

Seulgi was leaning on the chair when she noticed that the timer is on and showed the countdown in 5 minutes. She panicked. “Help me! Somebody! Joohyun unnie!” She cried out while asking for help and squirmed on her seat to release herself but there is nothing that she can do.

The time is ticking and there is no way anyone can save her at this moment.

 

 

 

 

 


Guys, I'm sorry for the late update. I wrote a draft for the storyline in this chapter but I'm not satisfied with it and changed a little. I was very busy as well.

I want to ask you. Should I mark this as Rated M? I don't know whether it is considered as extreme violence or not.