OO5

Like A Piece Of Bacon

OO5: Call Me Baekhyun, Not Bacon

Minyoung and Hani entered the bakery with wide smiles. Minyoung loved this bakery to death,  her parents are really close with the owner, and Minyoung basically spent her childhood life coming there.

"Minyoung!"

​"Mrs. Moon!" Minyoung hugged Mrs. Moon, the owner of the bakery.

Mrs. Moon let go of Minyoung and smiled, "It's so nice to see you again!" She looked over Minyoung's shoulder. "Hani, it's nice to see you too!"

Hani waved, "Nice to see you too, Mrs. Moon."

Minyoung turned to Mrs. Moon. "What do you need help with today?"

"You youngsters are so kind, I just need a bit of help with decorating the cakes."

"Okay!" Minyoung and Hani saluted.

"We will get straight to work!" Hani said.

Mrs. Moon laughed, "Alright, go to the back of the bakery, you girls know what to do."

Minyoung happily skipped to the back of the store and started to wash her hands. She breathed in the nice smell of cakes baking.

"Yah, I get to do the strawberry cake." Hani nudged Minyoung away from the sink, and started washing her own hands.

She nodded and grinned, "I'll do the...chocolate one!"

"Oh, Minyoung!" Mrs. Moon called. "The chocolate cake you're going to decorate is for an order, so make sure it's extra chocolate on top! He's a regular costumer and loves his choco!"

"Okay!" She replied. She took out the chocolate chips and spatulas and got to work.

----

"Minyoung, is the cake ready yet?"

Minyoung squinted her eyes while adding the final touch on the frosting. She stood back and admired her work. She held her head up, "Yeah!"

"Come bring it out!"

"Alright~" Minyoung said while gathering the cake into a box. She tied a blue ribbon on top and carefully held it in her hands. She slowly made her way to the front of the bakery and almost dropped the cake at the 'regular costumer'.

D.O took his gaze off his phone and looked at Minyoung, who had his cake.

"Oh." His eyes widened from the familiar face. "Minyoung? You work here?"

Minyoung snapped out of her daze and shook her head. "I'm just helping out for Mrs. Moon...Is this your chocolate cake?" She showed D.O the chocolate cake she decorated.

His eyes brightened from the package and took it gently from her. D.O gave Minyoung a huge 'squishy' smile, "Thanks Minyoung. I'm sure since you made it, it's extra special."

Minyoung turned a bit shy from his words, "Nah, I'm sorry if you don't like the toppings..."

D.O set the cake on the table and opened the lid. "This is actually perfect, Minyoung." He closed the box after taking a peek.

She waved her hands in front of herself. "No, I mean, I'm really bad at this..."

D.O raised an eyebrow and stood up. "The cake looks amazing, don't bring yourself down. You know, I'll ask Mrs. Moon when you'll be here, I want to learn some decorating tips from you," he winked.

"Wh-"

"I like baking and cooking you know," he smirked teasingly. "I don't just have an awesome voice and good looks."

D.O bowed to Mrs. Moon on his way out, leaving Minyoung speechless.

"You know Kyungsoo?"

​Minyoung shrugged, "Sort of?"

"Are the two of you dating?"

Minyoung turned red in the face, "M-Mrs. Moon-No!"

Mrs. Moon just laughed, "You're free to leave now."

Minyoung bowed and smiled, "I'll come when ever you need me."

"Hani too?"

"Han-Where is Hani?" Minyoung looked around the bakery.

"She left you."

"...Aish."

----

"Yah, Minyoung, are you mad at me for leaving you?" Hani asked while putting on her boots.

"No." She confessed while brushing her hair. "I am a bit pissed off though, you made me face D.O alone!" Minyoung pouted.

"D.O?"

"The cake I was making was for D.O it turned out..."

"Daebak."

"I know right."

"Should we head to practice early today?"

"Sure."

 

After practicing, the two girls separated and Minyoung took a deep breath before stepping inside her Chemistry class. She arrived early and thought no one would be there, but Kai and D.O were there already.

Minyoung silently walked over to her seat and saw that Kai and D.O was in a 'deep' conversation.

"D.O, I want more of that cake from last night."

Minyoung's hand stopped from pulling out her chair,  D.O and Kai noticed her and sat back into their seats.

"Minyoung."

"Yes D.O?"

"Kai wants more of that cake that you decorated yesterday. The chocolate really made the cake stand out."

Kai held a finger in front of him, "Hold up, Minyoung made that cake?"

"Well just the frosting and stuff..." She mumbled.

"The frosting was my favorite part!" Kai shouted.

"Hush Kai, the whole world can hear you."

"Really?"

D.O face palmed from Kai's stupidness. He sighed, "Never mind."

Minyoung sat there, amazed with the another side of the 'cool' and 'hot' and 'perfect' Kai.

"Yup, you have just experienced Kim Jongin, not Kai."

She nodded slowly and took out her supplies.

"Woah." Kai said. "Class doesn't start for a while."

Minyoung rolled her eyes. "We have a project to do, Kai. Did you forget?"

"Oh yeah..." Kai snapped his fingers, "I just realized that you were using non formal speech!"

"Should I no-"

Minyoung got cut off by Kai sputtering 'No!' and D.O repeating 'It's fine!'. She looked at both people and cautiously reached for her note book and a pencil. "So Kai, what kind of project should we do?"

"No idea."

Minyoung wished her partner was D.O so much, she would've bribed Kai with twelve cakes.

----

Soon enough it was Music and Minyoung couldn't talk to Hani during break, since she had to stay in her class for extra teaching. Hani and Minyoung walked into the class together and was pulled away from each other by the sudden rush of people.

"Holy sh*t, why are so many people here early?"

"Because this project is important Hani." Minyoung simply replied.

"Minyoung!" Baekhyun yelled as he spotted her between the sea of students.

Minyoung groaned, "I'll see you later Hani." She waved slightly to her best friend and walked over to Baekhyun.

"Hi Minyoung."

Minyoung sat down and set her bag next to her chair. "Hi Bacon." She said absentmindedly. 

"Call me Baekhyun, not Bacon."

"Oops." Minyoung apologized. "Let me rephrase that; Hi Baekhyun."

"Hi."

B-A-C-O-N

Oh my god, I have not updated in so long. I am so sorry *bows 90 degrees*.

But it's so funny to me of how I literally haven't updated in a long time, like a long time. I'm actually writing this chapter with sore arms, as I have two shots on my left arm, and one shot on my right. I went to the doctors today, so you guys should feel special ;)

I'm joking XD

Sorry it's sort of short, but testing is coming up in school, and of course they put it right after Spring Break. :-:

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I am sorry for any grammar mistakes and stuff.

See you soon,

Lynn

P.S: I totally didn't use a Call Me Baby pun in the title.

P.S.S: Actually I did.

Song: No No No by Ailee  \(^~^)/