OO1

Like A Piece Of Bacon

OO1: Owl Dude and Tan King

 

I woke up to my beautiful alarm. Which was actually my roommate’s/best friend’s alarm clock, which was f(x)’s Dracula for some reason. So every time I wake up, I wake up to evil laughter.

 

Quick introduction for me-Hi! I’m Minyoung, Shin Minyoung. My most absolute favorite things are Kingdom Hearts (the video game), anime, books, and most important, my precious violin. The feeling when I play my violin is just...magical? Anyway, I go to Seoul University with my friend Kim Hani. She plays the piano and a bit of cello, we like to duet a lot. I wear black framed glasses and I’m sometimes girly and other times tomboyish. Hani and I were born in America and had most of our childhood there, so sometimes we’ll talk in English, but that doesn’t happen much.

 

Back to what I was doing, I climbed out of bed and took a quick shower. I wore an oversized black jacket with jeans and sneakers. I listened to Xion’s theme while getting ready, even though the song is sad, it’s a really nice song!

 

“Yo Minyoung-dude again?” Hani smiled while putting on her boots.

 

“What?” I smiled back.

 

“When will you forget about Kingdom Hearts?”

 

I scoffed jokingly. “Um...Never? It was basically my childhood!”

 

“Okay~” Hani opened our dorm’s door. “Come on, let’s go eat breakfast in the dining hall.”

 

I got my stuff and grabbed my headphones. Hani closed our door and locked it. When we started walking I asked her something. “Hani? Why is it called the dining hall when ‘dining’ is dinner?”

 

She shook her head in disbelief. “Sometimes...I wonder how you’re smarter than me.”

 

I stopped walking. It took me a while to think about what she said. “YAH!” I yelled catching up to her. My dear friend laughed and we arrived at the dining hall. I opened the doors and was instantly met with loud noises. The loudest was where EXO and their…”girl friends” were. To keep short, EXO is a group of 12 guys who are very rich, good looking, popular, and some are major jerks. They have lots of power, talent, and fangirls. Don’t get me started on the fangirls. They are scary as hell, no one wants to mess with them.

 

The two of us got our food and found a table. I had a blueberry muffin with hot tea and Hani got toasted bread with orange juice. We ate and talked about the daily things, homework, our class, new pieces we’re learning to play currently. I really want Hani to learn how to play “Dearly Beloved” from Kingdom Hearts II, but she said she’ll try after learning this one piece by Bach.

 

~~~

 

“So what are we-” I got cut off by loud voices.

 

“Hyung! I want bubble tea~”

 

“Okay, okay, later?”

 

“Okay...”

 

“HEY PARK CHANYEOL GET YOUR IN YOUR CHAIR!!!”

 

“HAHA-CATCH MEH IF YOU CAN GRAMPS!!!”

 

I sighed. When will they ever be quiet???

 

“I know right…” Hani said reading my mind. “Just because they're rich they can't do anything they want...Never mind, that’s just how ed up society is.”

 

I nodded and agreed. “Man, I wish I had a keyblade.” I grinned at the thought.

 

“Again, really???”

 

“Yup.” I took a sip of my tea. “Never forget, Kingdom Hearts is like Never land for me. It’ll never get old and I'll love it for eternity since KH will be there forever.” I paused. “Unlike Xion!!!”

 

“I know right, they need to add her in again…”

 

“Mhm!” I nodded my head again. “Want to head to the practice room early today?”

 

“Sure.”

 

I put our trash in the trash can and we walked out of the dining hall. We passed by the EXO table and barely survived, but we’re still alive so it’s all good. I heard many gossip news but I don't do stuff like that. Hani and I got to the room where our instruments were and took them out. We leave them in the room if we can't bring them back to our dorm. I got my violin ready and Hani got her hands prepared to play the piano. Hani played “Wedding Dress” by Taeyang and I played the accompaniment for the song.

 

~~~

 

After practicing for a bit, I separated from Hani and headed to my class(es). I headed to Mr.Jung’s Chemistry class. I walked into the room and some students were there already. I sat down at my seat which was in the back of the class. I adjusted my glasses and took out my book. I was reading a book about a girl that magically got into the fairy tale world. I plugged in my white headphones and listened to some music. After a while my professor walked in and the class settled down.

 

I took off my headphones and put my book away. Mr.Jung set his bag near his desk and sat down. He looked around and I could hear some girls giggle. Mr.Jung is actually pretty young (and good looking as I’ve heard other people say). His voice is also killer.

 

“Today class…” Mr.Jung started. “We will start on a new project.”

 

A mixture of groans and cheers could be heard. I was in the middle of the two.

 

He continued, “For this project you will have partners and I will be deciding!” Mr.Jung smiled.

 

*Cue fangirls dying-except me*

 

“But I’ve noticed how our class is uneven.” My teacher began. “So...Two new kids will be coming in!”

 

Two new kids? Interesting...

 

“Come on in gentlemen!”

 

All it took for them to just walk in. Gasps and louder giggles filled the huge space. I mentally sighed and my eyes widened. Of course two EXO members had to come in.

 

“Yes, yes.” Mr.Jung said trying to calm the girls down. “Please introduce yourselves...”

 

“Hello.” They bowed.

 

“I’m D.O.” A boy said with enormous eyes.

 

“Kai.” A tanned boy winked.

 

*again cue the fangirl screams*

 

“Please sit...” Mr.Jung checked his seating chart. “Ah~ Next to Minyoung please.”

 

Eyes darted my way and I suddenly felt awkward. Kai and D.O headed to my desk and each sat at the desks that were on the other side of me.

 

“Hi Minyoung.” Kai greeted smirking.

 

I politely smiled and nodded. I turned to the front of the class, not daring to look at either side of me.

 

“Continuing about our project, I have set up the list on the wall. Check who your partner is at the end of class. Moving on, please open your textbook to page 365 and read quietly till page 399.”

 

Textbook pages were flipped and the room got quiet. From the corner of my eye, I could see that Mr.Jung started to correct papers. I opened my textbook to page 365 and closed my eyes. I feel the daggers heading my way this very second.

 

“Can I borrow a pencil?” Kai whispered.

 

I could hear D.O sigh from the right side of me. “Ask Minyoung ssi, she’s closer.”

 

“Minyoung ah.” Kai poked me.

 

I rolled my eyes and when did we get close enough to use informal language??? “Yes Kai ssi?”

 

“Can I borrow a pencil?”

 

“Here...” I handed him a blue lead pencil.

 

One of his eyebrows raised. “You use lead pencils?”

 

“Yeah..Now, I need to do the assignment Mr.Jung gave us. Please don’t...disturb me.”

 

Kai laughed gently. “Okay fine...”

 

~~~

 

I kept on reading the textbook and soon enough class ended. I went to check who my partner was and....

 

Kai hung his arm around me and again the girls stared at me. “Looks like we’re partners!” He grinned.

 

Why is he my partner?!?!?!? WHY.WHYYYY?!?!?!?

 

I fake smiled and nodded. Kai seemed suspicious but just kept grinning. I shrugged his arm off, said goodbye to him and D.O, and at first walked out of the classroom slowly. But after a few more steps, I started speed walking and I tried to find Hani.

 

“Hani!!!” I yelled running up to her. I took deep breaths as I practically ran to her.

 

“Woah woah, why are you running and out of breath?”

 

“I’m partners with the Tan King and sits next to him and Owl Dude in chemistry.” I quickly said in one breath.

 

Hani’s mouth opened in understanding. “Bubble tea talk?” She suggested.

 

“Yeah, bubble tea would be nice.”

 

~~~~~

 

(A/N)

 

Hi!! It’s Lynn here and I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I included some EXO puns so...if you found them, good for you. I don’t think I “rushed” anything since Kai is just a minor character. Like, VERY minor in this story. Think of it as a way of...progressing the story? Yes, there might be some things you don’t understand about KH (Kingdom Hearts), it’s just how Minyoung is in the story. So don’t worry about that. Sorry if this chapter was short, the story needed some background information. Again, I apologize for any mistakes that slip past editing!

 

Song(s):

 

Kingdom Hearts Theme: Simple and Clean, Music Box Version

 

Amber ft.Eric Nam: I Just Wanna

 

See you soon,

Lynn