CHAPTER 7

Blood Thirst
CHAPTER 7



Three figures were inside the city plaza, no one moved. There’s no other people there, it’s like the whole area was being blockade by the mist. It was supposed to be a small gathering there so there’re lots of empty stand and tent. Yet, right now it was only a hindrance to the fight; it made them hard to move.

“What did you---“ Yunho was about to ask what Changmin just drank but before he could, he was kicked back few steps. He managed to block the attack but it felt a lot stronger than before. It had to be a drug, Yunho told himself.

“Yunho!” Jaejoong rushed into Yunho’s side as he went gun blazing, yet, Changmin managed to avoid every bullet.

Yunho fought back as Jaejoong supported him, but it was useless. The two of them were like powerless children in front of Changmin. Then the evil pure blood retreated to a nearby roof as he laughed.

“Jae, be careful. I don’t know what he’s capable of anymore,” Yunho warned as Jaejoong nodded.

Deep inside, Jaejoong just wished Changmin would stop; he couldn’t see Yunho suffered any more than this. Meanwhile, Yunho seemed to be able to tell what was on Jaejoong’s mind as he smiled to the half vampire.

“Hyung,” Changmin suddenly called as both Jaejoong and Yunho were on their guard; they couldn’t see Changmin because of the mist,” I really didn’t expect this…Now I can make you feel what I felt back there!”

“Changmin, please stop!!!” Yunho begged again as the plea was ignored. Before he could say more, he was thrown back into a building wall as the brick went down. Jaejoong was shocked to see Yunho coughed up blood, yet, before he could do anything he was kicked away to the other direction.

Jaejoong crashed into a nearby stand until a wooden cart behind him went flat on the ground. If people could see them, it would look like someone crashed the gathering until everything turned into pieces.

“Aarrrggg!” Jaejoong screamed in pain as he felt sharp pain on his left leg. A broken wood stabbed his leg; it was just healed for God’s sake.

As the half vampire tried to look up, he was more than shocked to see Changmin was already right in front of him. He could see nothing, not even the attacks before or even the attack that was killing him now.

“JAEJOONG!!!”

All he heard was Yunho’s hysterical scream. He felt some pain on his chest as he asked himself what was happening to him. He touched his chest as he felt another’s hand pierced him through. That was when Jaejoong realized it was Changmin’s.

“GET THE OF HIM!”

Yunho was screaming as Jaejoong tried to find him. He couldn’t see Yunho at all, he felt so weak. His body felt so cold and he couldn’t breathe or move. Changmin’s evil grin was the last thing he saw before his lifeless body fell on the ground.

Changmin got up as he smiled, facing his brother who was running toward him on rage. He truly never imagined his own brother would fall for a half. Changmin managed to avoid Yunho’s raged attack. It was like seeing an infant trying to revenge his broken toy, Changmin laughed to himself. He jumped up to the roof again before Yunho could do anything.

“DAMN IT!” Yunho cursed as he retreated and went back to Jaejoong’s side. The blood was streaming out from the chest and Yunho tore his cloth to bind the wound. Yet, it was useless; the wound was too deep.

“Please Jae, I’m begging you, stay with me,” Yunho begged as he cried. He used Jaejoong’s silver knife to cut the vein on his wrist and fed his blood to Jaejoong. The half drank it weakly. He did it again and again as he prayed Jaejoong would open his eyes.

Yunho didn’t know how many time had passed nor he cared Changmin was still out there capable of killing him anytime. He cried again and again for Jaejoong to open his eyes, yet, he got nothing. He could feel Jaejoong’s blood all over his body; he didn’t even know if the bleeding had stopped or not.

“Please Jae, I can’t lose you too,” Yunho embraced Jaejoong as tight as he could. Tears were still flowing on his cheek. He couldn’t bear to lose Jaejoong, not after he lost everything; his whole family and his life purpose.

He only existed to stop Changmin, but Jaejoong had brought another meaning into his life. It wasn’t only Jaejoong who was saved when they first met. Yunho was saved too. He needed Jaejoong to be able to see the light again. They’re each other savior.

“Jae…” Yunho knew he was at his limit, yet, he couldn’t lose Jaejoong. He more blood from his wrist as he fed it to Jaejoong again. Yet, this time he got no respond. Yunho shook Jaejoong’s body as he felt deep pain in his chest. It was like he had lost some part of himself and it was unbearable.

“It hurts a lot and you feel like it is better if you die, right?” Changmin’s voice echoed,” The pain will even get more and more as time passes. It is a lie that time will heal wound. Nothing will heal or replace what has gone!”

Yunho ignored Changmin’s taunt as he caressed Jaejoong’s cheek. It looked like Jaejoong was sleeping peacefully. He kissed Jaejoong lips softly as he said inside his heart ‘I love so much, Jae…I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you…God, I’m so sorry Jae to drag you into this mess…’

“Now, should I let you free from all your pain, hyung?” Changmin asked as he showed himself. He was standing few meters from Yunho. Slowly, Yunho put Jaejoong leaning on the nearby wall as he used his jacket to cover him up. He kissed Jaejoong once last time as he closed his eyes.

Yunho finally stood up as he turned facing Changmin. As Yunho opened his eyes, it was crimson red and it was the same eyes Changmin saw years ago when Yunho found out Changmin murdered their parents. It was full of murderous intent and Changmin couldn’t wish for more.

“It’s the end, hyung. One of us has to go down finally,” Changmin spoke as he launched the first attack. He kicked Yunho’s shoulder only to be blocked. Yunho twisted Changmin’s leg as the other one used another leg to counter attack on the air. Yunho managed to block again.

Without any warning, Yunho got Jaejoong’s gun out of nowhere on Changmin’s face as he pulled the trigger. Changmin wasn’t expecting that, he knew Yunho always fought bare hands. He kicked Yunho away before the bullet managed to make a hole on his face; it graced his cheek.

“Now, that’s clever,” Changmin smiled,” But I’m a lot stronger no---“

Before he could finish, Yunho rushed in front of him, this time using Jaejoong’s sword. It managed to pierce Changmin on the hips as the pure blood cursed. He was pinned down on the ground as Yunho put the gun on his head.

Changmin closed his eyes. This might be his real end. He might want it to end from long time ago; he just didn’t want to admit it. After he had gone, he knew his love would definitely find another good person this time too; a person who’s not a monster like him. Maybe this was for the best.

He counted till five, yet he couldn’t feel the pain he was expecting. Slowly, Changmin opened his eyes. What he saw made he lost at words.

“Hyung…Why?” Changmin asked softly as he saw Yunho crying helplessly on top of him.

The murderous intent was gone and Changmin could feel a mixed emotion from his brother. He could feel and sense again like he used to, after years of being numb, except being obsessed to be with his loved one. He couldn’t believe it; tears started to stream out from Changmin’s eyes.

“I can’t…I just can’t…I’m sorry Jae…I…” Yunho cried as fell on top of Changmin.

Yunho knew he was using every drop of his last strength when he had to fight Changmin before. He was weak because he gave too much blood to Jaejoong, yet, he still couldn’t save Jaejoong. He promised he would end thing with Changmin this time, yet, he failed again. Was there anything he could do right?

“Changmin ah! Why are you crying? Is that blood? God, did he hurt you?!” his lover voice brought Changmin back to life. He saw his lover standing next to them. He pushed Yunho slowly as he wiped his own tears. Most of the mist had gone so it wasn’t dangerous anymore for human to be around here, his lover would be safe, Changmin thought to himself.

“I’m fine…” Changmin answered softly. His love went into his side as Changmin smiled. He answered some curious, hysterical, and funny questions his lover threw at him. At least, until he realized how odd Yunho was staring at him weakly.

“Who are---you talking to---?” Yunho managed to ask as he tried to get up, yet, he failed. He was still lying on the ground as he wiped his tears. Changmin frowned, wondering if his brother had lost his mind after losing the half. Little he knew, Yunho could see no one there except the two of them.