CHAPTER 6

Blood Thirst
CHAPTER 6



He had forgotten he could sleep easeful like this. It was so warm and he didn’t want to wake up from this comfortable dream. Yet, everyone had to; he could feel a gentle shook on his shoulder. Opening his eyes, he saw the face that made him smiled.

“Yunho…” he called the name softly as he rubbed his eyes.

“Jae, come on. We need to go now,” Yunho said as Jaejoong slowly got up and put on his clothes.

“Where are we going?” Jaejoong asked as he realized it was almost night again. The sun had set but he felt like it was morning. It felt like morning to the two of them.

“While you’re asleep, I managed to gather information about Changmin’s next move,” Yunho explained,” He’s going to openly experiment on innocent people with his drug. He want to mass-test it.”

“What?!” Jaejoong was speechless as he finished getting dressed. He was literally stopped moving because of the shocking news.

“He’ll hit the gathering in city plaza tonight. It’ll be around 9 o’clock,” Yunho continued,” I really want to stop him this time and this’s our golden chance. Would you please lend me your power, Jaejoong ah?”

“Of course,” Jaejoong answered almost immediately,” You don’t have to ask, silly…"

“Thank you, Jae,” Yunho smiled, yet, Jaejoong could sense deep inside Yunho had to be hurting. He could sense how much Yunho cared for his younger brother even though he didn’t really want to admit it. Yunho was blaming himself for turning Changmin like this. It wasn’t Yunho’s fault though, Jaejoong wanted to tell the pure blood.

“I’ve used my connection to make sure we won’t fail to stop him tonight. I can’t tell you what my plan is for now but you’ll see soon enough,” Yunho said.

“I trust you, Yunho,” Jaejoong smiled as they shared a reassuring kiss. Then, they walked out from the bedroom into a connected living room and pantry. The pure blood opened a nearby fridge as he got a blood bag out. He bit on it as he drank the content. Jaejoong was watching Yunho’s every move; he never knew a sight of vampire drinking blood could be this attractive.

Smacking himself inside his mind, Jaejoong told himself he should concentrate. He caught Yunho’s smile; it’s like the pure blood knew what’s going on inside his mind. Jaejoong retreated to his suitcase to get his weapons. After making sure they were well hidden behind his long black jacket, Jaejoong got his car keys. But then Yunho stopped him.

“It’s better if we go there by foot,” Yunho spoke,” We’ll hide behind the roof structure to get vision advantage.”

 “It has been a long time since I jump from roof to roof,” Jaejoong said; amazed by Yunho’s idea,” I like your plan, Jung Yunho.”

“And I love you suit, Kim Jaejoong. You look so y on it,” Yunho teased as he opened a window behind Jaejoong. Then he jumped out, leaving the blushing half vampire. Jaejoong sighed as he followed Yunho. Tonight would be a long night.

An hour passed. In the city plaza, a tall figure was walking around with a suitcase. He went inside a nearby alley, where there’s no one, as he opened his suitcase. He put a tickling device, like a bomb, there and then he retreated. He did the same to the other two places. It would take more than enough to spread his drug to the mass-gathering tonight. He would finally get the fruit of his long experiment.

It was a simple plan; he was going to the life energy from those humans using his drug bomb. It contained poison for human. Such big number of energy would be enough to turn himself into human. He was laughing inside his heart as suddenly he realized a person he knew inside the crowd.

It couldn’t be! He said to himself as he rushed to that person. Like telepathy, that person also saw Changmin and called his name with his lovely voice. Changmin froze, he was sure he warned him to stay inside tonight.

“Why are you here?” Changmin asked.

“You wouldn’t come with me to see tonight gathering, so I was planning to go by myself. I didn’t expect to see you here. Why are you going alone behind my back?” his love asked him. Changmin couldn’t answer as he began to panic; he needed to get his love out of here fast.

The drug bombs would explode any moment now. Yet, he needed to be here in order for his plan to work; he was supposed to out all those life energy from these humans. If he left now, there would another years before he could prepare such plan again.

“Please come with me,” Changmin decided his love was more important to him, yet refusal was all he got. He was being unreasonable was all he got. Changmin was losing his patient as he wanted to drag his love out of there. Then suddenly, loud explosions could be heard from three directions as the air began to fill with mist.

He was too late. Changmin couldn’t help but to knock out the love of his life. He jumped up to the roof as he was bringing the unconscious one. He jumped few buildings away and then he broke a nearby empty hotel room window. He put his love on a bed.

“Please forgive me,” Changmin gave a light kiss on the lips,” I’ll come back for you soon enough. This time as a human, not as a monster…”

Then Changmin went to the window and covered it with a wooden board. After making sure the poison mist wouldn’t reach inside of the room, Changmin jumped down and headed to the plaza. He was more than shocked to find out no one was there. There’s supposed to be piled up of human body there.

He got his answer as two well-known figures showed themselves. It was no other than his own brother and a half he caught years ago. Changmin cursed; he didn’t realize they’re there till it was too late. He was distracted when he found out he almost killed his love in his experiment.

“Where are they?” Changmin asked as he was burning in anger.

“If you’re talking about the crowd, they’re all safe inside their house. The gathering was cancelled. I made it cancelled in secret,” Yunho answered. That’s when Jaejoong realized what Yunho meant he had used his connection. Yunho had to know someone important in the city hall to be able to pull out something like this. Well, considering how long Yunho had lived, this wasn’t surprising but still, Jaejoong was amazed by Yunho’s plan.

“How dare you…” Changmin was definitely pissed off now,” Don’t tell me you’re involving even him in this now!”
The mad pure blood was talking about the love of his live he barely saved just now. Yunho didn’t have any idea what Changmin meant. It never slipped their mind that a human could blend into Yunho’s crowd illusion.

“Don’t you dare to hide it! You pretended to protect me when all you want to do was separating me from him!” Changmin lashed out as he jumped and attacked Yunho. Yet, It was fruitless as his older brother managed to avoid it and Changmin was kicked away by Jaejoong.

“Wake up you sick twisted pure blood!” this time it was Jaejoong who’s shouting,” Can’t you see Yunho care and love you more than enough?!”

Yunho was shocked to see Jaejoong was mad for him. Yet, they couldn’t get their guard down. Changmin stood up as his eyes were turning bloody red. Jaejoong could feel Changmin’s murderous killing intent so clearly. It was like coldness crept into his bare skin.

“I should have killed you back there!” Changmin said as he was instantly in front of Jaejoong. It would be too late to dodge the attack, but luckily Yunho managed to block it for Jaejoong.

Jaejoong used his silver blade and bullet to attack as the pure bloods fought bare hand. They launched another attack and another one but it was useless. It was like they’re playing endless game of tag and it pissed Changmin off that he was at disadvantage.

Changmin was more or less as strong as Yunho but Jaejoong being there pissed him off. The half was no match for him but Jaejoong managed to hurt Changmin with a few bullets and slash thanks to Yunho for keeping him busy.

“Please stop this, Changmin ah,” Yunho begged as he managed to put down Changmin on the ground. Before he or Jaejoong could do more, they’re overthrown by Changmin’s power.

“Stop?...Hahaha…Don’t make me laugh,” Changmin managed to say between his harsh breath. The fight began to take their strength. The three of them were gasping for air, yet, Changmin was the one hurt the most because of the number. He could feel his shoulder was bleeding from Jaejoong’s bullet and his stomach was in pain thanks to Yunho’s kick.

“I’ll kill you both!!!” Changmin shouted as he got a small bottle out of his pocket. He drank the content. It wasn’t long till he felt his strength was coming back. No, this was even better. He could feel his sense and power went up double. He would definitely win this fight, he grinned to himself.