CHAPTER 3

Blood Thirst
CHAPTER 3

“Arrggg---“ Jaejoong screamed in pain as he felt his body was on fire. The poison began torturing him from inside. He could feel he was somewhere he didn’t know. Yet, he was too weak to open his eyes. He could feel he was laying on something soft with his bare skin.


“It’s okay, shhh…” was all he could hear as he felt something wet on his neck.

Then he felt the pain he could never forget. He was bitten and someone was draining his blood. Jaejoong wanted to struggle so badly but he couldn’t. With every drop drained from his body, Jaejoong felt even weaker but somehow the poison pain lessened.

“Now, my turn,” he could hear the voice again as he wasn’t bitten anymore. Instead something wet was forcing its way through Jaejoong’s lips. It was blood, a real fresh blood. It was much better than anything Jaejoong had ever taste. It didn’t take long before Jaejoong pulled down and bit the one who gave him blood. Slowly, Jaejoong got his strength back and he opened his eyes. What he saw shocked the hell out of him.

It’s Yunho. He’s drinking from Yunho’s wrist. He needed to stop; he couldn’t try to kill the man twice right? Yet, he couldn’t stop. Yunho’s blood was so addicting and intoxicating. His wounds started to heal up fast; the burnt scars were gone from his shoulder and his broken left sides were all right now. Jaejoong felt as good as new. At least, physically.

Somehow, he managed to stop himself from draining all of Yunho’s blood. That’s when Jaejoong realized what he had done. He bit Yunho. He never bit human without killing them before; he had no idea what would happen to Yunho. The thought he might have turned the innocent man into monster scared the hell out of him.

Tears began to crawl down from Jaejoong’s eyes; he didn’t know why he was crying. His feelings were indescribable. Deep inside of him, Jaejoong felt something unfamiliar, it was like longing. It was like he finally met someone he had waited for so long. No, this was wrong. It wasn’t his, the feelings belonged to Yunho. He had to feel it because he was drinking his blood.

 “Shhhh…It’s okay,” Yunho wiped Jaejoong’s tears as he pulled him into his embrace. Yunho used a blanket to cover Jaejoong’s shirtless body. They’re on a bed and Jaejoong didn’t have any idea whose bed or where exactly he was. All he knew was he wanted to cry so badly. It was all the tears he had kept down inside of him bursting out that very moment.

 “I’m so sorry…I…I didn’t mean to---“ Jaejoong sobbed. He had forgotten how it was to cry. He never cried for a really long time and now he felt like he couldn’t stop.

 “It’s okay, you’re safe here,” Yunho reassured again as he made a circle on Jaejoong’s ,” I made sure no one know you’re here, not even the fallen one.”

That was when Jaejoong realized something was definitely wrong. He wiped his tears and managed to stop crying, and then he looked into Yunho face to face. Yunho knew the fallen one, the monster, the blood er. How could he know it? Yunho was human right? Jaejoong touched Yunho’s face. The skin was cold; he remembered Yunho was warm before. Did he really turn Yunho?

“You’re still not figuring it out, huh?” Yunho smiled like he could read Jaejoong’s mind,” I’m not human Jaejoong. I’m pure blood vampire living as human using any camouflage I can find. I guess I’m only fooling myself to wish I can have a normal quiet life”

“…You’re vampire? Pure blood vampire?” Jaejoong was beyond surprise,” Then how…how’s your blood doesn’t cause me to lose control?”

“Truthfully I don’t know, I was ready to hold you down if you did lose control of yourself. I’m guessing because I’m calm and glad that you’re safe,” Yunho answered,” The emotion of the prey affects the emotion of the predator or so they say.”

Jaejoong remembered when he fought the vampire origin more than 150 years ago, just before Yoochun joined them. He drank her blood when she was driving with madness and darkness, so that was why Jaejoong completely lost control of himself. He drank Yoochun’s blood once and he went being overprotective on Junsu for weeks.

“Wait, so you know I’m a half?” Jaejoong asked as Yunho nodded.

“From the moment we met. I’ve lived long enough to be able to tell whether someone is a human, vampire, half, or even some other things by a simple glance…” Yunho answered,” I told you age is a mysterious thing, didn’t I?”

Jaejoong was speechless. His brain is too tired and shocked to process the things happened. It was too much. He felt meeting the real Yunho was too much. He wished Yunho could only remain as a nice and handsome human he almost road killed in his memories.

”Where am I?” Jaejoong finally asked,” Why did you save me?”

“First, you’re in my apartment,” Yunho answered,” I managed to get your suitcase and came here by your car so your belonging is safe. I’m pretty sure you’re using an alias to check into the hotel so there is no way the police or anyone can track you down.”

“Okay…” Jaejoong listened to Yunho carefully.

“Then, the answer for your second question is because I know the one who attacked you,” Yunho explained,” I want to stop him. He’s a pure blood too and I’m pretty sure you’ve met him before.”

Jaejoong frowned. He didn’t know too many pure bloods except Yoochun and now Yunho. Then, he remembered the one almost killed him years ago. It couldn’t be, Jaejoong was sure he killed the pure blood that time.

“Yes, his name is Shim Changmin,” Yunho cleared the doubt in Jaejoong’s heart,” Both of you almost kill each other in the past.”

“What---Why do you know about it?” Jaejoong suddenly felt tense as he began to feel cautious around Yunho,” What’s your relationship with him?”

“It’s okay, Jae. I’m in the same side as you. I did tell you I want to stop him, didn’t I?’ Yunho said as he got up from the bed and opened a drawer next to the bed. He got an old photo out as he showed it to Jaejoong.

“He isn’t always like that, he was a good little brother to me once,” Yunho explained,” At least until he lost himself in his experiment. He began to capture human, vampire, and half. All was done to search for a way to turn himself into human.”

“What---Why?” Jaejoong never heard this. All he knew the pure blood was almost killed him alive on his experiment table once.

“He fell in love with human and he wanted to age with his love together,” Yunho answered,” As you can guess, a love between vampire and human rarely ends well. That’s why half as yourself is an urban legend, Jaejoong ah.”

“…He said he was going to help me exterminated the fallen once years ago. Instead he tricked me into his experiment table. I nearly died but I managed to escape because someone let me escape…” suddenly flashes of memories got into Jaejoong’s head.

“Jae!” Yunho was surprised when suddenly Jaejoong screamed in pain. It took Jaejoong few minutes to calm down and finally looked at Yunho. He was gasping for air and was sweating so badly.

“It’s okay, Jae…It’s okay, rest for a while. I won’t go anywhere,” Yunho put Jaejoong into bed. He pulled the blanket up and caressed Jaejoong’s hair. Before he slipped off, Jaejoong pulled his palm.

Yunho just smiled. He gently squeezed Jaejoong’s palm until the half vampire fell asleep. After that, Yunho slowly got out from the room. He put his back on the door as he took a breath.

Truthfully he never imagined to meet Jaejoong again in this city. As soon as he met the half vampire, who almost road kill him---he really didn’t expect that---he knew Changmin would attack him soon. He waited in front of Jaejoong’s hotel. He was too late when he realized Jaejoong was attacked. He was damn late and Yunho felt like killing himself when he remembered Jaejoong’s wounds.

“…Guess, he truly doesn’t remember me, huh?” Yunho mumbled to himself, still standing on the door,” Well, he was on Changmin’s drug that time so it’s really expectable…”

Yunho finally walked away and sat on a coach. His single bedroom apartment was a rent one but he made sure it’s well-hidden and had many escape route. They should be safe here tonight.

He was planning to end it all. He would stop Changmin for sure this time. They had been chasing each other for centuries. It was long enough. He didn’t want to drag Jaejoong into the mess but he didn’t have any choice now.

Slowly Yunho closed his eyes. He began to feel pain deep in his stomach. It kicked in late, Yunho grinned, at least Jaejoong didn’t have to see him like this. He drank Jaejoong’s blood, which was full of vampire poison. Then he gave his own fresh blood before the poison contaminated it.

Yunho was too weak to move, he could only sat on couch, helpless trying to deal with the pain. He managed to pass the pain before when Changmin attacked him with the same poison. He would do the same this time. Each breath was a hard work but Yunho wouldn’t let the poison beat him. He couldn’t let it beat him.