Trauma

Till I Met You

For the entire week after the wake, all Amber did in school was to stare out of the window till classes are over before heading home. When she's at home, she couldn't help but to recall all the memories she had with her dad and start crying all over again. To Amber, her dad is not only a parent, he is also Amber's friend. Being the only child in the family, she would always pester her dad to play with her. Even though he is really tired after work, he just can't turn down the request from his beloved child.

 

Amber: Daddy! Bring me go fishing! 

Amber's Dad: What? Daddy needs to work tomorrow! We can go with Mummy during the weekends okay?

Amber: But Amber wants to go now daddy~ Please~ Please please please please~

Amber's Dad: Oh boy~ Alright alright. But just for a little while okay?

Amber: YAY!

 

Memories she never knew that will be so precious. Humans, always regretting when it's too late.

 

Amber's mom also suffered from the after effect of Amber's dad's passing. She couldn't eat, she couldn't sleep. She got more and more depressed each day which eventually causing her to lose her job. Everyday, Amber would rush home to prepare lunch and medication for her mom. Because of that, Amber got more isolated from her friends and the only person who stayed by her was Sulli.

Amber knew Sulli ever since their were kids as their parents were friends. As they grew up, they got closer and even got into the same school and became classmate. Knowing what happened to Amber, Sulli decided to help Amber in taking care of her mom whenever possible.

A month later, Amber was called to the principal's office halfway through the lesson. Before she enter the office, she can see 2 police officers talking to the principal. Not knowing what she did wrong, she knocked on the door praying it was nothing serious.

*Knock Knock*

Amber: Mrs Tan, You were looking for me?

Principal: Oh yes Amber. Erm, these two police officers would like to speak to you. Gentlemens, you can use my meeting room for as long as you need.

Police Officer 1: Thanks. Amber, right? Come on in, we need to speak to you.

Police Officer 2: We received a police report earlier about someone jumped off the building and we found out that the person is your mother, Mdm Liu. We will need you to follow us back to the station.

Amber was shocked, too shocked at the information she just learnt. Why did her mom did such a stupid thing. She just lost her dad and now her mom? She couldn't comprehend. She wished that this was all just a sick joke, a nightmare. She spend the rest of the day in the station going through all the procedure and went home with a empty soul. When she got home, she saw a letter on her table. It's from her mom.

 

To: My Dear Child, Amber,

By the time you read this letter, I would have joined your daddy in paradise. I'm sorry that I chosen this path but the passing of your dad was too much for my heart to take. I love him very much, if only I had realised it earlier that day, if only I took care of him better, this will probably not happened and your dad may still be around and we would be a happy family. But these had all changed. I blamed myself for all these. It's all my fault. I'm not a good wife nor a good mom and I hope you can forgive me.

My dear child, you are one strong kid. I know, you will be able to take care of yourself and do well in everything even when we are no longer around. Please, don't be sad, we will always be looking after you from above. Take care Amber, I Love You. - Love, Mom.

Amber can't stop crying by now. She took her phone out and texted Sulli.

Amber: Sul, I just lost the other half of my world.

 

 

 

Hi guys! I had some time to spare today at work so I decided to work on a chapter.  I'm still trying to build up on the story before Krystal appear. So stay tuned for more updates!  And also, thanks for subscribing!