Regrets

Till I Met You

After a long morning in school, Amber can finally head home to see her parents. Her dad has been diagnose with cancer and have been recieving treatment for the past months. Being a good daughter as always, Amber immediately packed up her bag and ran home only to find that no one's back yet. She then decided to buy lunch first while waiting for her parents to come home. Coincidentally, she met her parents at the void deck as they come back home after a checkup.

 

AT THE VOID DECK

Amber: Mom! Dad! You guys just went to the doctor?

Amber's Mom: Yes dear. I need to head up to prepare lunch for Dad before he can take his medication.

Amber: You guys want hamburgers? I'm going to buy one now.

Amber's Mom: No~ It's okay. Daddy can't have such food for the time being. You just go get your share okay?

Amber: Okay! I'll see you guys later then!

 

After eating her favourite burger, Amber felt sleepy and decided to take a nap first before she work on her homeworks. Little did she know that this nap became her biggest regret and leaving her scarred for life.

After waking up from her nap, Amber saw her mom keeping clothes into her wardrobe. Amber smile cheekily at her mom and only to see that her mom didn't give much expression.

 

Amber's Mom: Amber, come to the living room. I have something to tell you.

Amber: What is it Mom?

Amber's Mom: Amber...Daddy just passed away. I tried to wake him up for his medication but he didn't have any response. I've already call Uncle Roland and Auntie Sharon, they are on the way here.

 

Amber's world came crashing. She just saw her dad earlier. He was fine! How can it happen within such a short time span and when she's sleeping? She couldn't process the information. She couldn't accept it. Amber and her mom sat in the living room silently with tears flowing down without their knowing. Not long after, the undertakers came to bring the body down to the wake. 

The wake lasted for 5 days and these 5 days passed in a dazed for Amber. She had no emotions on her face, she had no thoughts going through her mind. All she did was to sit at a corner and stare into space. Reality hitted her hard on the last day of the wake when she saw the coffin being pushed into the cremator. That's when she woke up from her daze and realise that it's true, her dad has passed on and he is never coming back.

 

Amber: DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!

 

Friends & family held on to her to prevent her from getting too close to the cremator and from collapsing to the floor. All of them look upon her and couldn't find any words of comfort for her because they knew there's no words that can be said to make her feel better.

She was only 12 then. Even with a major exam coming up, Amber still couldn't get over the lost and kept on blaming herself. If she did not took that nap that day, she could have talked to her dad for one last time. But it was all too late...

 

Hi guys! So here's the first chapter and what do you guys think? Don't worry. Kryber moments will come. But I have to build up on the story first you see~ Let me know what your thoughts about this chapter alright? Will update soon! :)