Summer.

A Lie and Two Truths.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                A week went by slowly and when I wasn’t hiding in Jinae’s apartment I was hidden behind a cap and sunglasses when I went out. Jinae came back at one point to tell me that everyone had cleared out the dorms and was now gone.

“Are you sure?” I asked her.

She nodded “Yup. I even saw the football group saying bye to each other. You know Sehun looks like he hasn’t slept at all.”

“Ditto.” I muttered.

She sighed “You’ll be okay to move back into your apartment?”

“Yeah.” I nodded “They have a key to mine and if I didn’t come home for a week they’d probably assume I was at my parents.”

She nodded “Okay then. I’m here if you need me okay? We’re still on for lunch sometime this week?”

“Of course.” I smiled at her “My treat.”

                So I packed up my things and went back to my apartment. I was surprised to see it had been cleaned and that a frame from my bedroom was on the coffee table instead of in the bedroom.

                I dropped my bag on the floor and kicked the door shut before moving towards the frame. I picked up and sat down on the sofa and sighed as I looked at it. It was a photo on my birthday at the beginning of the academic year of me, Kai and Sehun.

                I put it back down and sat back feeling deflated as my heart ached. I stood back up again and dragged my bag into the bedroom before I headed out the door, feeling that my apartment was a little bit too stuffy.

~

                I walked towards the campus and felt a stab to my chest as it appeared to be empty. I heaved a really long sigh before I turned around only to jump in surprise.

“Where have you been?” Gongchan asked “Do you know how worried we’ve been?”

Blood rushed to my face in embarrassment and I sighed “I’m sorry Gongchan I… I couldn’t face anyone after that.”

“When you told me you loved someone and they didn’t love you back you know I didn’t expect it to be Sehun.” Gongchan said tucking his hands into his pockets “But you know when they said love is blind Em? They were right. It really is.”

“You’re mad at me.” I pointed out.

He nodded “I’m mad because you shut us all out. You hid away for a week and wouldn’t even answer the phone. We’re here for you and you just up and left. Tao is beside himself with worry, Kai had to be forced to leave campus and don’t even get me started on Sehun and the others.”

“I’m sorry okay? It was hard for me.” I shook my head.

He stepped forward and pulled me into a hug “Do that to me again and I’m going to fall out with you Em I thought you’d never come back.”

I felt the tears well up as I hugged him back “I-I’m so sorry.”

“That’s okay. Come on I’ll take you home after a nice hot cup of chocolate okay?” He said pulling away and leading me down the road.

~

“You’ll be okay right?” Gongchan asked as he walked me to the bottom of my apartment complex “I can come up if you want me to.”

I shook my head “I’ll be okay. Thank you for today and I’m sorry.”

“Save your apologies for the others when they come back okay?” He ruffled my hair with a smile “Enjoy.” He turned around and left.

                I went upstairs and unlocked the door, kicking my shoes off before shutting it and moving to sit down on the sofa with a heavy sigh. But then I realised something, the frame had moved from earlier and panic set in. It was no longer on the coffee table and instead a glass was in it’s place.

“What the…?” I looked over at the door and noticed a pair of shoes that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter