Isolation

A Lie and Two Truths.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                They didn’t come over last night to check if I was okay and I didn’t get a text after that either. It was just telling me that they’d see me at school the next day. A part of me wanting to skip it and bury myself in quilts and ice cream but I knew better than that. I was stronger than that. Every day I would walk to school with a heavy heart.

                So after I got dressed and forced myself to eat. I grabbed my bag from where I had left it the night before and slipped my shoes on. Heading out of the door the second they fit on my feet. At the beginning of our university year they would occasionally come to pick me up with a cup of coffee from the nearby coffee shop and walk with me despite them both living on campus.

                Now that they had the football group it seemed inevitable for that to stop. I didn’t remember the last time they had come to my apartment. Although it was probably for the best that they didn’t.

                I was struck with shock when I reached the university to find Tao leaning against one of the walls outside of it. His university football jersey stood out a mile away with his number and name on the back and the arm. I really hoped he wasn’t waiting for me and for someone else.

He looked up as I walked down the pavement and pushed himself from the wall to stop in front of me “Hey Em.”

I wanted to sigh but instead I forced a smile at him “Hey.”

“I was actually hoping to walk you this morning but I really didn’t know where you lived.” He frowned for a moment. “Kai and Sehun seemed reluctant in telling me. But I waited for you.”

I felt my heart skip a beat at the fact they didn’t want to tell Tao where I lived; at least they hadn’t entirely forgotten about me “Why?”

“Well.” He shrugged “You seemed off yesterday because of the girls and I wanted to make sure you got here okay.”

I wanted to laugh so I just smiled at him “You do realise I live two minutes from here and that I’m okay to walk here by myself?”

“Can’t you accept a kind gesture?” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes “Don’t you have breakfast with the football group in the mornings Tao?”

“Sometimes.” He said “But I’m really not in the mood for that most days.”

I moved to his side and we soon walked side by side into the school “Too much?”

“I don’t like the attention.” He admitted “But you know what Em? You never hang out with us and I’ve always wondered why.”

I was taken aback by him noticing “Well not everyone is so happy about my friendship with Kai or Sehun.” Saying his name was like I had a mouthful of sand “So sometimes I think it’s best I don’t push it.”

“Look Em.” He placed a hand on my shoulder to stop me in the middle of the corridor. I didn’t fail to notice my two best friends and some of the football group staring at us from the end of the hall “I’m concerned that you’re not as happy as you lead them to think.” He motioned to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter