Kai

Waking Up With Exo

    At the break of dawn just before the first rays of sunlight begin to bring color to the sky, you feel a shift in the atmosphere. It's right about now that you're only just getting to sleep, the previous few hours of dull nothingness finally wearing you down to wanting nothing more of it as it does every night- the life of an insomniac. And adding to the dull nothingness is the fact that the bed is so empty. Jongin probably fell asleep on the practice room couch or crashed with one of the boys or made his way back to the dorm. Wherever he is, he's most likely sleeping, which is what you're about to do. You shed your clothes and pull one of Jongin's hoodies out of the closet. Sliding it on, you make your way under the covers, tug the blanket up to your chin, and let the deafening silence put you to sleep.
.
.
.
    Something is different. It's 9 AM and you've only been asleep for about 4 hours but something is different. You're warm. Not as in fever warm or sunlight warm but warm. Warm like something is right. Even though you're asleep, you feel it and slowly, you bring yourself to wake up. Eyes now open, you glance around. Your clothes from yesterday on the floor. Glasses on the dresser. Jongin's jeans and t-shirt on the floor. Nothing out of the... Wait.
    Your eyes fly open and you notice, now, the arm wrapped around your waist and the heat against your back. Turning in his arms, you can't help but smile, now wide awake. You trace a finger down his jawline, across his cheek, and over his lips. He bites playfully and you jump. "Are you awake?" you whisper. He slowly opens his eyes and smiles before pulling you against his chest, holding you tightly.
    "Yes." You feel his lips pressed against your hair.
    "When did you get home?"
    "Like...three hours ago?" You can practically feel his exhaustion like its a tangible thing and you frown.
    "I'm sorry I woke you up, you should go back to sleep." He smiles into your hair, his fingers drawing light patterns on your back.
    "It's okay. I came home to see the most beautiful girl in the world sleeping in one of my hoodies. That alone could keep me going for days." Your cheeks heat and you press your lips to his bare chest.
    "I missed you."
    "And I you," he says, and he pulls away slightly so he can see your face. A frown mars his perfect face and he brushes his thumb across the skin below your eye. "You haven't been sleeping." There's a bitter worry in his voice and it hurts your heart.
    "It's fine, I've just been a little stressed lately, I-"
    "When?" he asks and he doesn't have to elaborate on what he's asking because you already know. There's no way of lying or getting out of telling him. You sit up.
    "Two weeks ago." He sits up as well. His eyes are wide like a sad puppy's. He knows that you only relapse into insomnia after you've had a panic attack.
    "Why didn't you tell me?" You don't want to make eye contact, but you do, ashamedly looking into the sea of chocolate encased in his eyes. You could probably drown in them.
    "You had so much to do as it was and I didn't want to bother you-"
    "It wouldn't have been a bother." He looks concerned and a little hurt that you didn't tell him.
    "I'm sorry," you whisper, tears filling your eyes. Jongin doesn't answer and in the silence, you can feel another hole slowly tearing into your heart.
    But suddenly it stops, gets patched back together, even, as he pulls you into his lap and wraps his arms around you protectively. "Don't be sorry," he murmurs in your ear and the tears slide down your face. "Don't ever be sorry about this. I love you so much." He rubs your back and kisses away your tears and you know just how lucky you are to have him. "Let's go back to sleep, okay?" You nod and lay down facing him. "I love you," he says again and your heart feels warm.
    "I love you too. And you need sleep," you murmur as exhaustion washes over you. He your hair as your eyes close and kisses your forehead.
    "No," he whispers, "I just need you."