Ch. 3: Ice Cream Cake

I’ll Never Leave You Alone

“Guess what I’ve got?” Jiyong approach Bom when they have second break. They’re in different class. Jiyong’s class is on different building in first floor. While Bom’s class is on the third floor in different building. So, he’s had guts!

“What?” Bom ignoring him and eat her bread.

“Jjajan~!” Jiyong bring out two corns. Baked corns.

Bom look at Jiyong with weird face.

“What? You don’t like this? Okay then..” Jiyong heading his back against Bom.

Bom then quickly grab one of the corns and eat it.

“Cute…”

Bom looking straight at Jiyong. “Sorry, what?”

Jiyong cheeks get red. “Um, no..thing.”

Bom pinch Jiyong cheek. “You too, by the way.” And start eating her corn again.

“About what?” Jiyong asking confusedly.

Bom rolling her eyes. “Cute part?”

Jiyong looking at Bom with teasing eyes and they both laugh.

 

 

Jiyong met Bom at the end of the first semester in their first year. So, not long long ago enough, comparing to Bom and Seunghyun who’s really close since they’re kids. And that’s not a good first impression when Bom and Jiyong met.

It was autumn. And it’s quite chilling out there that time. Bom was about to walked home, but at the crossroad near the park she passed, there was some kinda like fight. Between one boy vs three-like-the-most-realist-gang-that-Bom-ever-seen-boy, and it was seemed like getting bigger that night.

Bom who watched that fight, immediately run into them, without thinking at all. And standing in front of the boy who was at that time, bleeding-much.

She posed like superwoman that’s appeared from the middle of nowhere.

“What are you guys doing right now?!!” Bom shouted at them with her husky voice. Ehm, she..um.. got a cold like two days ago before.

“Wow, looks who’s got here with us. Hey, pretty..” one of the boy with really-awful-short-white-hair got closer to Bom.

“Don’t you dare--”

The boy grabbed Bom’s hand and pull her closer to him.

“Let go of me!” Bom struggling and it’s ended up that Bom’s hand was punched his face. The left side, a really hard one.

The boy fell down and the other two guys approached Bom,

“Easy, Bom. You didn’t even knew what are you gonna get after punch him, do you?” the boy with a dark circle eyes talked to Bom.

Bom was surprised because he knew her name. “How the hell did you know my name?”

“Watch your talk, Bom. We’re in the same school.” The boy showed his uniform.

“Oh, I don’t care about the fact that you ‘gangster’ are my school-mate. The problem is why did you do this to him?! You could kill him if you punch him like that. He would lose his blood, you stupid jerk!”

The boy with 50:50 hairstyle was ready to take a punch to Bom, but the-white-hair boy was restricted them. So he stopped.

But the unexpected thing was happened. The-almost-like-killed-boy-whose-Bom-save was caring something like baseball bat and ready to swing his bat to Bom’s back head.

“Watch out!!” The-white-boy ran and in one second he was filling with a bloody blood on his head. He was…unconscious and so did Bom.

 

Bom open her eyes and found her in the hospital.

“Oh my God, honey. Are you okay?” Mrs. Park burst in Bom’s hand and hugs her.

Bom blinked her eyes. She looks around and stop at the boy who lays across her bed. Her eyes widening.

“Why he’s here?” she asked.

Mrs. Park looks at Jiyong.

“Honey, do you know him?” Mrs. Park asked with worried face.

Bom pouted her lips.

“ ‘Course I know. He’s the one who bullied a boy whom I save!” She suddenly gets angry when she remembers that accident.

Mrs. Park looks more worried.

“Honey, I’m afraid that you have been misunderstood. The boy who you save is the one who’s in the gang…”

“What?!! How could it be?! I saw exactly that he and the two other boy bullying him!” She gets up from her laid.

“Honey, please. Not in here… The principle came here yesterday when you were come in. The boy who you save—his name is Jinyoung. You know, honey. He’s patience at the you-know-what-hospital. And he’s escaped. He’s Jiyong childhood friend.”

“Jiyong?” Bom asked confusedly.

“Him.” Mrs. Park looks at the boy across them.

Bom rolled her eyes.

“Okay…I understand.”

“I’ll call you daddy that’s you’ve wake up. Rest again, hon. I leave the magazine on the table..”

Mrs. Park then gets up.

“Um, Mom.. Why you bring me here with him? And just two of us?!” Bom annoyingly asked when she finally realized that she’s in the room with the-white-hair-boy.

Mrs. Park just sighed and walks through the door.

Bom rolled her eyes and decide to pick up her magazine.

“Why? Did you hate me?” A small sound is heard from across her bed.

It’s Jiyong. He wakes up.

Bom startled. “No, I do.”

He chuckled.

Bom rolled her eyes and headed his back against him.

He’s smile.

 

A week later….

Ding dong ding….

“Bom-ah! Can you open the door please?!” Mrs. Park called Bom who is in the upstairs.

“Mom, I’m washing my hair now!! I can’t!!” she shouted annoyingly.

“Alright, I’m going to hospital now. Coco is sick!”

“Coco what?!!” Bom stopped the water, and immediately go down to check her dog with her messy wet hair and towel on top. Wearing her pajama.

But before Bom reach the last stairs, the sound of her Mom’s car is heard.

“It’s seems that you a little bit la—“A small voice is talking to Bom from her left side, the living room. But Bom ignoring the voice and running out of her house to catch her Mom.

“MOM! What happened to Coco?” She stopped her Mom car and look at her dog.

“She’s sick. I’ll take it to hospital and pick her when I’m back from shopping the vegetables. ”

“It’s Sunday. I come to. Wait me ju—“

“No, no, no. There’s a guest right? It’s rude, Bom. You should accompany him.”

Bom confused. “Who?”

“What? You didn’t see him when you went down?” Mrs. Park looks at Bom weirdly.

“No, who? Who’s him?”

“Just look by yourself. Now I’m late, better go now. Do well, honey!” Mrs. Park drives her car quickly and leaves Bom standing alone with her blank face.

Bom walk toward her house and see one person standing in front of her door holding a big bucket of roses that cover his whole face.

He slowly walks toward her. Bom suddenly feels creepy and make a step back.

“Who are you?” Bom asked.

The boy stopped right in front of her and take off his-huge-flower-cover and shown his face.

“How are you? Did you miss me?” There he is. The-white-hair-boy that last week lied down beside Bom in the hospital.

Standing with all his big smile and pride in front of Bom. Jiyong.

“Oh my Goodness!” Bom jumped back and falls down. She is holding her chest.

Jiyong immediately run and help Bom to get up.

“Did I scare you that much?”

“For the God sake, hell yeah!!” Bom shouted annoyingly.

Jiyong covering his ears. “Okay, okay, my fault…”

Bom rolled her eyes. “What are you doing here? How did you know my house?” Bom asked with crossing her arms.

“I just want to give this to you…” He gives Bom that big bucket of roses.

Bom accept the bucket that cover a half of her.

“Why?” She peaked from behind of the bucket.

“Is giving flower needing a reason too?” He lifted his left eyebrow.

Bom rolled her eyes.

“Well… if you insist, I have no other choice. I…em like you.”

Bom widening his eyes.

 

“A…what?” that the first reaction that Bom give after like… five second.

Jiyong burst into a loud laughter.

Bom looks at him weirdly.

“Weirdo…” Bom leaves Jiyong that’s still laughing in her yard.

 

“Hey…”

Bom stopped her step when Jiyong called her.

“I like your hairstyle, by the way. See you tomorrow, dear!” He laugh so loud this time when he sees Bom rush into her house holding her towel on top of her wet hair while in the left hand, holding the big bucket.