Five.

Tale of Erithea (Nothing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five.

The next morning, Yoojin got up as usual. Considering she had just lost her dad, she was doing reasonably well. She followed her regular morning routine: take a shower; put on her uniform; tie her hair up in a ponytail and spend five minutes looking for a pair of socks.

She walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Standing by the stove was Chanyeol, cooking something that smelled like heaven.

"Mmm, what's cooking?" She peered around his shoulder in curiosity.

"Pancakes. I thought it might make you fell a bit better, since you know..." He trailed off not wanting to actually mentioned the past few events.

"No it's okay. Don't worry. I'm fine." But deep down she wasn't fine and he knew it.

"Well, after you're done eating I'll drop you off at school." Chanyeol placed a stack of pancakes slathered in syrup in front of her, after walking away to put his shoes and jacket on.

***

Chanyeol drove her to school. As she stepped out of the car he waved at her after giving some words of encouragement.

She swallowed the knot in herthroat. Before she walked into her class room she spotted her best friends, Yoongi, Joy, Krystal and Baekhyun, in their respective seats.

"Hey guys," She greeted with a forced grin plastered on her face.

"Jin! Long time no see!" Baekhyun said excitedly.

"You saw me last Friday, noob." she said with a small chuckle.

"Baek and Yoongi are bickering again." Joy rolled her eyes, an exasperated sigh escaping her lips, "They're like a married couple."

"It's only 'cause that idiot over there started it." Yoongi muttered under his breath.

"Yah! You were the one that hit me in the head! And don't call me an idiot." Baekhyun spat at Yoongi before spinning around so his back was to him. Krystal chuckled at their childish behaviour.

"Yeah, but it's only because you stole my food!" Yoongi retorted poking the back of Baekhyun's head.

"Yah, how does me touching your food make me an idiot?" Baekhyun's face was starting to go red.

"Because you're enough of an idiot to take food from me!"

Her lips quirked at their childish actions and sat down in her seat behind Joy, right next to the window.

As the lessons went on, her mind drifted to other places as she stared out of the window: her father, her mother, Chanyeol... She was still trying to come to terms with what had happened in the past few days. She found out her mother was unjustly killed by her own brother and her father was dead. But on the other hand Chanyeol had returned. It soothed the pain a bit but it wasn't enough to fill the parent shaped gap in her life; it just didn't numb all of the pain in her heart. She started tearing up at the though of how her family was torn apart, both her parents were now gone and she was afraid Seungho would get to Chanyeol as well. The tears started to fall and her teacher noticed how his student was silently crying in the back.

"Sir, can I be excused?" she asked and the teacher nodded sympathetically, having been informed of the situation.

She hung her head and made her way out of the classroom as the her fellow classmates looked on with concerned and puzzled eyes.

Yoojin walked to the toilet and entered one of the cubicles. The waterworks increased as tear after tear rolled down her flushed cheeks. There was a soft knock on the cubicle door.

"Yes," she replied with a shaky voice.

"Yoojin, are you alright?" it was Joy, her gentle voice laced with worry, "Can I come in?"

"Yeah."

The girl gently opened the door revealing her best friend sitting on the floor hugging her knees as she wiped away the wetness from her face.

"Hey, what's going on?" Joy was starting to panic now.

"Joy," she sobbed louder.

"Jin? What happened?" Joy questioned her best friend. The girl's eyes filled with tears again at having to state her harsh reality.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter