Chapter Five

The Deathbringer

Angels!?! It's absurd! Why would they be needed? Thousands of people are born every day, why would any of them need to be saved, for the "balance"?!?! You are given life ONCE, you are given death ONCE! That's balance!
I'm livid. Never before have I experienced such disrespect, such humiliation. The soul was mine! I am the Deathbringer, I am death! No one escapes me! More than ever before I want to scream, I want to scream my lungs out. I want to scream so loud that heaven and hell tremble in terror, making every single soul bleed in pain! But I can't. It fills me up, stretches my skin fighting to burst out. The pain, the agony, I can't take it. My head is spinning, my vision is gone, all I see is the pain building up inside of me.

Please one scream! Give me one scream! After beeing silent for decades please grant me this one scream. I fall to my knees; begging, praying. My head feels like exploding, the anger is corroding me from the inside. The souls inside of me mock me, defy me. I'm loosing control, the pain is too much.
I collapse to the ground completely, all I can do is tame it. There is no escape, I can't end it, I can't be released from this pain.


I'm being summoned, panicked souls trapped in lifeless bodies calls for me. I can hear their screams of fear. But I can't, I can't get up, I can't release them. Not now.


The pain will never leave, the scream will never be allowed to escape. All I can do is accept it, stop it from crippling me. This is my hell, this is my curse.

I don't know for how long I just lay there on the ground, trembling. I must control it, I must win. I stand up, eyes closed, still weak from the immense pain. First thing's first, these mocking souls inside me. You enjoy seeing me in pain, seeing me broken?!?! Well I enjoy your pain as well! I focus, creating the perfect little hell inside of me for these unruly souls. Burning, slashing, pounding; every pain you could ever imagine, and more. Are you enjoying yourselves now my little pets?!?! Their agony, their tourment! Ahh it's filling me up. Like medicine on a wound. My pain might be unimaginable, never ending, increasing. But I learn, every time I learn. Every time your pain will be even worse!

My strength returns with all the agony inprisoned inside of me. I open my eyes. You summoned me! It's your turn my frightend, trapped souls. Let me help you. It's my turn to have fun now.

I have a lot of time to make up for. Time dosen't pass for me as it does for you, how could I possibly collect all those souls if it did? But it still passes. Time I lose I can never get back again, it's wasted. I need to extract the souls with speed, I can't linger and savour the slow torture of the pained souls. It's a pity really, I do so enjoy taking my time and maximizing the pain. It can’t be helped though, too little time, too many desperate and pathetic souls. I will just make sure to get them extra "comfortable" inside of me instead. It's less pain for me anyways, no screams to hurt me after I steal their mouths.
Finally! No more whining from souls being trapped for too long. They are all safely tucked inside of me, feeding me with their pain and agony. I still feel weak, it was a long time ago since my pain increased this much so quickly. The Deathbringer gets no time to rest though, I have collected all the restless souls trapped for too long but there are always new ones coming. Over 100 new souls summons me each minute. 1 minute, 60 seconds, 100 souls, there is no rest for the Deathbringer.

Another summon, another place, another soul. A park, some bees, an allergic attack; it dosen't take much to kill somebody. You are so fragile you mortals. I walk towards the body, it's surrounded by a lot of people, they don't matter though. They can't see me, hear me or even feel me, and they can do nothing for their friend now. In this scene they are meaningless.
I walk through all the people who so desperatly wishes and prays that the young girl lying still on the grass will breathe again. I stand next to the lifeless body and I'm about to kneel when I see him. The angel! Rage builds up again. Pain, more pain. I glare at the angel who has now walked up to the body and is standing opposite me.
'This soul is mine! I wont let you steal from me twice!', I glare at him with burning eyes.
"This soul is yours Deathbringer. I am not here for her", he says looking down at the girl. "I'm here for you Suho.", he looks up at me.
'Me??? You are here to what? Save my soul?', I can't believe this guy and his disrespect for me. Who is he to even talk to me?!?
"No, I'm afraid not. No one can save your soul Deathbringer, it was doomed from the second it was brought into existense." He looks almost sad saying that.
'So then why are you here? You can do nothing for me, my fate is already sealed.' I continue glaring at the angel.
The perametics has come to take the girl away, the soul inside her is starting to panic. I couldn't care less about that right now though, I will just take it later at the morgue. Right now I need to get rid of this parasite of an angel!
"I can't save your soul Suho, but I can still help you." He takes a step closer to me now that the dead body is no longer in between us. 
I snap back to reality at his words, but I don't respond, I simply glare at him with hatred burning in my eyes.
"The day you became the Deathbringer a lot was taken away from you, so much that you didn't even realise what was still left.", he continues like some kind of spiritual leader.
'What was still left?!?! I still have eyes to see each and every gruesome detail in someone's death! I still have a nose to smell all the stench of released bowels and rotting flesh as the bodies shut down! I still have ears to hear each and every piercing scream! What I still have left I would much rather do without!' My insides are burning, the trapped souls with it. How dare this so called angel talk to me about what I still have left?!?! 
"Let me show you", he replies calmly. "I will show you the small things which you've forgotten."
I stare at him dumb founded, did he not just hear my words?!? Does he not fear me?!?!
"I have no idea of what it's like to be the Deathbringer, but I was once a human and somethings are simply too precious to forget.", he says with a smile. Even though his lips are smiling his eyes look sad, so very, very sad.