Chapter Four

The Deathbringer

I'm summoned, it's a street in some small town. A man lies dead on the curb. I walk up to him, studying his lifeless body. Heart attack, nothing intresting about that. He probably drinks too much, excersice too little, slowly breaking down his own heart. I have seen it many times, it's pathetic! Their souls are just as pathetic as they are. Heaven. Almost every single one of them goes to heaven. If you are such a wonderful person with a soul worthy to enter the gates of heaven why would you kill yourself like this? All the good you could have done in those years which you simply threw away.

He is surrounded with people now, some trying to revive him, some simply looking on scared and helpless. It dosen't matter, I've been summoned, it's to late, his life is over. I kneel next to the man. I can see his unsettled soul still unaware of it's lifeless meat coffin.
I put my hand on the mans forehead and start pulling the soul out. The soul screams out in agony, just like all the rest. The cracks starts to appear and slowly the soul is pouring out.
But then, before I have finished, a bright light blinds me. The light throws me back and on to the curb.
"This soul isn't yours yet Deathbringer."
A man surrounded by light is standing next to the man and looking at me with piercing eyes. He turns around and kneel as I had done moments before. He puts his hand on the mans forehead and I can see how the soul peacefully returns into the body, the cracks vanishing after it. A heartbeat, the mans heart is beating. It's impossible! He is dead, I'm here, there is no hope. I look on in confusion as the man surrounded by lights stands up and walks towards me. Parametics have arrived and quickly load the man into the ambulance, his heart beating weakly in his chest. 

The man is now standing above me, the lights are gone but he hasn't lost his glow.
"Deathbringer", he says with a calm voice. "I am sure you are wondering who I am"
I am, I really am! Who is this man who took the soul away from me, it was mine! I know it was mine.
I stand up staring at the man in disbelief. I want answers but I cannot speak, my mouth was taken from me long ago.
"You may not be able to say the words Deathbringer, but you can still speak.", the man says with a smile.
'What does he mean? How can I possibly speak with no mouth?' I feel like he is mocking me and my rage builds up even more.
"Simply direct your thoughts at me as you would do speaking, I will hear you.", the man says.
I'm confused, but I try to do as he says.
'Who are you?!? Why did you take my soul?!?', I ask only using my thoughts.
The man smiles and answers me;
"I'm a guardian angel, and that soul isn't yours just yet."
'I was summoned, I was sent to collect that soul. He was dead, his soul was ready to be mine.'
"All of this is true. You were summoned to take his soul Deathbringer, but sometimes a guardian angel is summoned as well. On some lucky occations a soul is given a second chance.", the angel explains.
'Why him? Why is he so special to deserve a second chance?', it angers me how this angel came and just stole the soul from my hands.
"He isn't. None of them are special. To keep the balance between life and death some must be saved. I am summoned just as you are, I have no say in who gets saved and who dosen't."
'You have saved one and I have taken thousands, how is that balance??', I question. 
"You're wrong. You have taken thousands but I have saved millions. I was an angel long before you became the Deathbringer. The reason you haven't seen me before is that I usually don't let the victims die before I save them."
'So why did you let this one die?'
"To meet you Deathbringer.", the angel replies. "We are a lot alike you and me, we are both sent straight into a moment with a single mission not knowing what has happened or why. You see, as much pain as it gives you to force a light and innocent soul out of the body, just as much pain it gives me to save a dark and undeserving one."
'I don't feel any pain, I don't feel anything taking even the most beautiful of souls.', I glare at the angel with anger.
"Oh but you did!", he says with a sinister smile. "You used to cry in agony remembering all the screams, feeling all the pained souls inside of you. It broke your heart every single time. You pulled even the darkest of souls out as fast as you could to spare it from pain. Hell scared you once Deathbringer.", he leans his face close to mine saying those last words.
'How would you know about me?!? Of how I were?!?', I take a step back burning with rage.
"Because Suho, I am your guardian angel.", he says calmly before vanishing infront of me.

I look around for the angel even though I know he is far away already. An angel, my angel, it just makes my rage build up even more. How dare he!!! I am the Deathbringer, when I have been summoned all hope is gone, when I come your soul is mine!