Chapter One

The Deathbringer

It's dark, the rain is pouring down. The rain can't touch me, it simply falls through me, like I'm not even here. I guess that in a sense I'm not. No one can see me, no one but those I come for. I'm nothing more than a shadow, a chilled breeze.
I'm standing on a road, some where in the eastern parts of the United States. I stopped keeping track of where I am a long time ago. So many places, so many sights, but always death. That's what I come for, when I'm summoned all hope is gone, your time is up.

A car accident, a single car crashed into a tree.
Two souls I'm here to collect, a mother and her baby. The father who drove the car survived, typical... I'm sure he oversped, the tires loosing grip of the road, spinning the car staight into the tree killing his wife and child.
I often study my my victims and their very last scene in life. I try to imagine what happend, how they became mine. I never see it happen, the moment of death. When I arrive they are already dead, motionless and cold. The soul gets trapped in the dead body. I pull it out, I force it out. There is no way to do it without pain. The pain is worse than anything you have ever felt in life. The pain will break you, it will forever scar your soul.

I walk up to the mother, her face is coverd with blood. I can see her soul fighting to get out of her body. It's a beautiful soul, this one is going to heaven. In a way I pity her, heaven will mean nothing after I'm done with her.
I can hear a car coming, soon the family will be found, the driver of the other car will call the ambulance. They will come and pull out the bodies from the wreck, they will feel for a pulse but only find one. The father will be loaded in to the ambulance and rushed to the hospital. He will probably need surgery, but he will be fine, he will live. The mother and her young baby however will be loaded up into a different car, taken to a different place, never being fine again.

I kneel infront of the dead body and put my hand on the mothers forehead. It's time to break this body, to let the soul out. I start pulling at the soul with my mind, it's resisting me but I'm stronger. The skin on the womans face starts to crack brining immense pain. The soul screams out in agony. A scream like nothing else, a scream I have heard many times.
The soul starts to seap out through the cracks, slowly and painfully. All of it makes it's way through the cracks leaving an empty body. The soul is free, but not for long. I grab the soul with both hands, choking it, forcing it into the prison cell that is inside of me. The torture has just begun.

I leave the mothers empty body and walk up to the baby. It's a young baby, probably not older than a month or two. I try to imagine how happy they must have been the fist time they saw their baby. Nine months of love without physical touch and then one month holding their baby in their arms, that's all they got.
I don't like collecting babies. It's not that I feel sad that their lives are over before it even begun, it's the screams.
The first thing that was taken from me when destiny came was my screams. I have no mouth, no mouth to eat with or speak with, but the worst is the screams. All the pain that's desperate to get out but is trapped inside. The Deathbringer is cursed to forever hear screams of pain, not being able to scream himself.
Babies scream all the time, they scream for nothing, for everything. They don't know about pain or desperation and yet they scream. When I take their souls they scream louder than any other, they taunt me. I will teach them about pain, I will show the desperation, I will give them something to scream about. I will take their screams, just like my screams was taken from me. They have screamed and screamed for nothing, but now when the screams are what they need the most they can't. They will know true pain and torture. I usually keep them a bit longer than the rest, their silence is like music to my ears.

I put my hand on the babies forehead just as I had it's mother, and I start pulling at the soul. It screams, it screams so loud. My ears bleed and pain overwhelmes me. It's torture for us both. 
The soul is out, I grab it forcefully and force it into my torture chamber inside. I silence it, never again will the soul be able to scream.
My body is weak with pain, blood still pouring out my ears. I will keep this one for a long, long time. Let it's silence and pain fill me up, let it feed me.

The ambulance has arrived, people are running around checking the victims. Two dead, one still alive.
I watch as they load up the father into the ambulance and cover the bodies of the mother and baby. It's a horrible scene; blood, fire, death. It's beautiful.