'Can You Protect Your Maknaes?' Game

Super Junior One Shot Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters: Super Junior, especially Kyuhhyun 

Supporting characters: SHINee (mainly Taemin, Minho, and Onew), TVXQ (DBSK) (mainly Changmin and Yumho), and EXO (mainly Sehun, and maybe Kai?)

Pairings: ChangKyu, 2min (there's not much of it, so don't expect anything special >.<)

 

 

'Can You Protect Your Maknaes?' Game

 

 

It was yet another beautiful day. Seoul was already full of people, who were swarming the busy roads. Some were waiting impatiently in their cars to get to their work places; others, sat nervously in other vehicles, worrying whether they will make it on time to their classes. There were also those, who were preparing themselves for other activities in the SM Entertainment building. One of those groups was Super Junior.

 

The famous idols were stretching in their dance room. Fans just bought a TV for them so that the members wouldn’t get bored while resting from their exhausting trainings. It was around 9:40 AM and the boys were already waiting for their trainers. Their dancing practice was supposed to start at 10:00 AM.

 

“Let’s watch some TV! The fans gave it to us two days ago and they are already demanding for some photos of us using it~” Eunhyuk said as he scrolled down his social media profiles.

 

“Yeah, let’s do it!” Donghae agreed and the TV, which was settled in the corner of the big practice room.

 

The sofas that surrounded the machine quickly were filled up with Super Junior members.

 

“What should we watch...” Hae trailed off as he was jumping from one channel to another.

 

“How about-” Sungmin was about to suggest something when the TV suddenly shut itself down.

 

“What the heck-” Hyukkie frowned, surprised.

 

The screen abruptly changed into a man wearing a white mask. Then a low, hoarse voice emitted through the television, “Listen, Korean people. Let’s play a game, shall we?”

 

The idols were taken caught off guard. What was happening? The members fruitlessly tried to turn on and turn off the TV, as the man continued with his speech,

 

“My late daughter, who died in a car accident, when going for a concert, loved the maknaes of famous idol groups. She bought hundreds of their CDs and was very active on the Internet. You cannot blame me to say that it is yours, idols, fault for taking my only child away. She escaped the house, even though I told her that she couldn’t participate in the concert, because it began extremely late.”

 

Some of the Super Junior men raised their eyebrows, interested in the masked man’s monologue.

 

“I don’t have much time to live. The cancer has well spreaded across my body already. Therefore, as I said, let’s play a game. You and me. The idols and me, to be more specific. It’s called ‘Can you protect your maknaes?’ or simply ‘Makane Game’. Everyday, the youngest man of a boy group will be exposed to some danger. The hyungs and sunbaenims will have to fight for their safety and be extremely careful. Here’s the list of my targets. Let’s see if you will be able to win this game.” the man said and chuckled, “Oh, and to make things more interesting, please, expect the first attack to happen within the upcoming hour. Let’s have some fun!”

 

Afterwards, the list of victims appeared on the screen:

Monday (today) - EXO’s  Oh Sehun

Tuesday - SHINee’s Lee Taemin

Wednesday - TVXQ’s / DBSK’s Shim Changmin

Thursday - Super Junior’s Cho Kyuhyun

 

The list lasted only fifteen seconds before the TV’s screen turned all black and then back to the channel it was initially. The boy group was staring at the machine in front of them. Many were blinking rapidly, completely confounded; and some others had their eyebrows raised and heads titled.

 

“Can someone explain what is going on, please?” Heechul asked.

 

At first, silence filled the room, until Leeteuk spoke, “Is it some kind of joke?”

 

The members shrugged and raised their hands. Then their eyes moved towards the doors when they heard someone bargaining into the room. It was their manager, who had a slightly worried expression on his face.

 

“Hyung, what’s happening?” Eunhyuk inquiried and stood up, followed by a few members.

 

“I have no idea, but many assume that it must have been some kind of a joke. You know, one of idol haters. Although this time, it’s nothing new. I mean, every famous person has some anti-fans, but I have never encountered such a big case,” the older man admitted, “However, let’s be careful anyway. Just continue with your schedules, all right? I will keep you updated if anything changes.”

 

Super Junior nodded and their trainer replaced their manager’s place. Ten minutes later, they were practicing their choreography, as if nothing happened.

 

 

A few levels below Super Junior.

 

“There you go!” a middle-aged girl said when she passed a bottle of water to Sehun, who was sweating.

 

He was also panting heavily, because he just finished practicing the new dance moves, along with his hyungs. The boy group only heard about the masked man’s threats, but as their manager suggested, they simply ignored them - at least for the time being.

 

“Thank you, noona” EXO’s maknae smiled and drank the whole water.

 

He sighed in relief as cold water spread quickly spread down his burning body.

 

“That announcement by that guy in the white mask was so weird. Oh, and here’s the list,” Kai said, while looking at his phone.

 

Chanyeol who was next to him glanced at the small screen and scanned through the content.

 

“Oh, Sehunnie, you are on the list,” the rapper said and glanced at the youngest member.

 

“Mhm,” Sehun simply replied as he approached the pair.

 

“I don’t know why, but I have a rather bad feeling about this,” Suho said with his eyebrows merged, “We shouldn’t let our guard down.”

 

“I-I g-guess so...” the maknae mumbled nad staggered, but luckily Kai helped him regain his balance.

 

“Yah, are you okay?” Kai asked, his voice full of concern.

 

“The water was somehow a little bit b-bitter...” the youngest idol replied, “There must h-have been s-something...”

 

Then his eyes rolled up, his eyelids closed, and he lost consciousness. His hyungs immediately rushed towards him.

 

“Noona, call 911!” Xiumin shouted towards their assistants.

 

“Sehun-ah, hang in there!”

 

“Yah, wake up!”

 

The members slightly shook their maknae, but without any positive results. His limp body gradually heated up and another thick layer of sweat slowly covered his skin.

 

 

“What is that noise?” Eunhyuk groaned, though a little bit worried, as he heard  people shouting and countless hurried steps behind the doors.

 

“I don’t know,” Sungmin replied and opened the doors.

 

He caught a man and asked for information. The members, watched his creation, which indicated that something bad was going on. Minnie came back with shock evident in his eyes. The idols were waiting for his response. At first he stayed silent and then slowly said, “Sehun was just taken to hospital and it was probably due to the poison in his water.”

 

“What? Are you serious?” Heechul asked, his eyes widened.

 

“No way...” Shindong murmured under his nose.

 

“So it’s true?” Kangin asked, as everyone thought about the same thing: the masked man.

 

“Guys, let’s calm down. Nothing has been confirmed yet. Because there’s no evidence, at least for the time being. You know that poising is nothing rare here, especially if anti-fans are involved,” Leeteuk said, “Let’s not jump to any conclusions yet.”

 

The leader looked around his dongsaengs, who nodded in agreement, but still felt uncomfortable and insecure.

 

 

Meanwhile SHINee had three days off when Sehun has been take to the hospital. They were just as distressed as any other idols. It seems that the masked man was targeting only maknaes from SM Entertainment. SHINee's managers were trying to calm them oldest members who were nervously glancing at their maknae.

Taemin on the other hand was gradually getting irritated by their stares. He really wanted to simply relax — lazily sip on his banana milk, watch some movies, and sometimes play on the piano. However, when he played, he lost his rhythm and missed a few keys due to the intense gazes from the rest of members. His hyungs created a plan of how to keep him safe. Basically, they decided to never leave the maknae alone. Therefore, when Taemin was playing Yiruma's 'River Flows in You' he had his lips pressed in a thin line. He was moved by how s were worried about him, but then again, everything has its limits, right?

"Are you seriously going to stay here for an hour, listening to me playing on piano, Minho-hyung?" The maknae asked, as his eyes continued to read the notes in front of him.

 

"I love when you play, so it's going to be a quite pleasant hour." The older man replied with a grin on his face.

 

The younger idol rolled his eyes and proceeded with playing. A small grin appeared on his face as peace was bestowed upon the room once again

 

 

Tuesday

 

Sehun’s poisoning has raised suspicions about the game that involved SM Entertainment boy group’s maknaes. The man who appeared on the TV has been named as the ‘Masked Man’ by the media and people soon adjusted to this nickname. Around 2:00 PM, the screens of Seoul, including huge billboards, were interrupted by the Masked Man once again.

 

“Oh, my dear friends, I forgot to mention you something. Since I like to live on the edge, here’s the list of how I am going to harm your beloved maknaes!” the voice roamed across the streets, catching everyone's attention, “As you can see, Oh Sehun’s down, and it’s time for Teaminnie. Let’s have some fun! ”


Then the screens holded the following list for only fifteen seconds.

 

Poisoning

Abduction

Car accident

Surprise!

 

After that short announcement, the people awkwardly moved on with their lives. Though worried, it wasn’t like they could do anything. The police was already investigating the unknown man, but there was no progress. Fans were of course filling up the social media with encouraging words and love. SM Entertainment tightened its security and managers’ kept closer eye on their dongsaengs.

Unfortunately, the Masked Man made his announcement exactly when SHINee was … taking a nap. The group was exhausted from its latested promotions and decided to snooze for an hour or two after their lunch.

 

Teamin woke up around 2:15 PM, extremely thirsty, so he decided to grab some banana milk. He gracefully escaped Minho’s arms and left the room. He giggled when he heard the rapper mumbling his name. ‘Sorry, I am choosing banana milk over you. At least only this time~’ he thought cheerfully.

 

However, as soon as he arrived, there was no milk whatsoever. A pout immediately formed on his face.

 

“Aigoo, we have already ran out of it?” Teamin said to himself.

 

He sighed when he realized that he had to go the store. Once he had on his clothes which covered his identity, he grabbed his wallet and left the dorm. Teamin being Taemin of course forgot that today he was the target of the Masked Man. Then again, he was too dizzy from the nap, that he would most probably not care at all. It was just a short walk from the SM Entertainment building to a store two hundred meters away, wasn’t it?

 

 

Twenty minute later, Minho woke up when he heard a phone ringing.

 

“Teamin-ah, pick it up....” he groaned and buried his face in the pillow. The lack of response made him open his eyes. He was surprised not to see the maknae on his bed, “He must have gone to grab some of his damn banana milk.”

He sighed and glanced at the phone. Then he grabbed it and picked up,

“Hello?”

 

“Good afternoon, Choi Minho, are you missing your maknae already?” a voice asked.

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?” the idol sat up worried.

 

“Apparently, he is missing you. Listen~”

 

Some muffled moans could be heard on the other side of the phone. Minho’s eyes widened as soon as he realized to whom those moans belonged to.

 

“Teaminnie?! Are you all right?! Where are you?!” the rapper shouted and stood up.

 

“Don’t worry~ I’ll give him back to you once I am done with playing with him. Now, let’s have some fun, Teamin-ah~” the hoarse voice said playfully.

 

Minho winced when he heard more of Teamin’s cries, “Hang in there, Teaminnie, I am gonna get you, I promise! Just wait a little bit, all righ?”

 

And before he could say anything else, the call was ended. Minho could feel rage gathering within him. How could that man just kidnap his beloved makane?! With eyes which could kill anybody with their glare, the idol stormed out of the room and went towards other members for help.

 

 

Despite increased efforts of the police, they were unable to find SHINee’s maknae. The oldest members were told to stay in their dorm. They were pacing around their home, nervously waiting for any news.

 

“Why is it taking them so long!” Key groaned and plopped down on the sofa in the living room, “Aishh, how could we fail to protect him?! Seriously!”

 

“I’m sorry, it is my fault. I was napping with him,” Minho said weakly as his head was pressed against the window.

 

“Don’t blame yourself. We are all tired and it is normal to be deeply asleep after all those promotions,” Onew patted the younger man’s shoulder in fatherly manner, “Come on, it’s gonna be all right. Taemin will come back soon.”

 

The leader hugged tightly the rapper, who gladly accepted the embrace. They had to part away when Onew’s phone started to ring.

 

“Oh hello, manager. Any news?” Onew asked with hope clearly audible in his voice. He listened for a few seconds and replied with a serious expression, “Okay, we are on our way.”

 

“What happened, Onew-hyung?” Minho asked.

 

“Teaminnie is in the hospital. Apparently his quite… beaten up,” the leader felt it hard to say those words, “Let’s go. He needs us.”

 

With those words SHINee left the dorm.

 

 

Wednesday

 

TVXQ (DBSK) has rejoined as a full group. JYJ ceased to exist and the group had all members once again. They were currently at Super Junior’s dorm. Both boy groups were sitting on the sofas and staring at their maknaes, who were casually playing starcraft on their laptops. The silence was sometimes broken by either one of the evil maknae’s comments about the game.

 

“Yah, Changmin-ah! Move your forces towards the south! Then we can attack this stupid guy and we win this game,” Kyu said, his eyes not leaving the computer’s screen.

 

“Wait, give me ten seconds, I need to finish off his ally first,” Changmin replied.

 

More clicks from the keyboards filled the room. After a few seconds, Kyuhyun asked, “What do you think, Minnie, how long they are going to stare at us?”

 

“You mean our hyungs?” TVXQ’s youngest members inquired, his eyes glued to the screen and his fingers never stopping to move swiftly across the keyboard.

 

“Mhm.”

 

“I don’t know. But then again, I really don’t care. Yah! He’s attacking our main base!”

 

“Aghh,” a few curses escaped Kyu’s lips as he tried to save his team.

 

Suddenly both of them grinned widely and gave each other a high five. It seems like they won.

 

“I didn’t know you were bluffing! Nice job, Kyu! Although you still ,” Changmin smirked as the older one playfully punched him.

 

“Yah! Be careful to whom you are talking to! Next time I won’t be so easy on you!” Kyu replied cheerfully, though a little bit annoyed.

 

Then they decided to close their laptops and put them aside. Thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter