It Must Be A Joke

Destined (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: how is the story so far? Comment down below "ALOHA" if you read this! XD)

Her eyes shut tightly, her heart beating erratically fast and in an inhuman speed, the same smell of Earth and rust made her nostrils flare while her sharp ears caught on the sound of pounding and thunderous paws. The sound was bad for her fragile heart, she was almost pretty sure that it will burst probably from exhaustion of beating too fast.

She didn't dare turn back, she didn't dare look behind her. She was intelligent enough to run zigzagged, and in circles to scatter her scent but not fast enough to gather up her thoughts for a thought that she was indeed lost. And her sense of direction was pretty bad. *Eoteokae?!* She screamed in her mind. However, because she was a beta's daughter, she was gifted with the ability to run faster than normal shifters, luck was on her side. Or so she thought.

She ran past trees of moss and vines and she avoided thick branches that might snapped apart if she so barely bumped into them. She was confused at where her sudden swiftness and agility come from. She was always either slow or tripping over her own two feet. 

But easier said then done, she gracefully missed her footing and stumbled upon brambles of thorns as they skillfully carved cuts on her once (that could be described as) 'Snow White' porcelain skin. What especially hurt was a single cut on her forehead that would permanently remind her to probably go for toddler walking lessons. But none of that really mattered anyway, sounds like these would magically heal by itself thanks to werewolf blood and genes. One of the perks anyway.

However these ones didn't magically close as she hoped, they remained open and painful but these were only small cuts. She is a big girl and she can handle this minor pain. The pawsteps were getting louder. Bells were ringing in her ears as if to tell her that it was no harm. But how could that be possible?

The sight in front of her was dark and pitch black. She couldn't see anything, let alone know where she was going. Her wolf instincts took over and her wolf guided her to wherever her feet was taking her to.

Miyoung's heart was beating as fast as chords of rock star's guitar however her nose was leading her elsewhere. Even with her sudden lack of sight because of the darkness, her sharpened eyesight contradicted it. Her wolf had led her to a wolf. Then flew her thoughts and mind about the pawsteps behind her as she skidded to a stop.

A dead wolf.

Lying in the midst of the moist forest ground, the wolf laid lifeless, didn't even move a single piece fur, eyes not batting, wide and had veins popping in it, as if the male wolf was traumatized even dead as he fell victim to his torturous death. No innocent wolf should suffer death like that. None.

Miyoung's heels dug into the ground, dirt and grass dug into her thin flip flops and she so amazingly realized that she was still wearing slippers. The air around her surrounded her sense of smell with iron and her nose scrunched up in a grimace and distaste.

The wolf was not rotting to death. It was just killed. It was as if the pawsteps that was chasing her brought her here-

"MOON GODDESS!" She screamed as she swiveled back to punch her attacker with a flimsy fist with her thumb placed inside of the fist. But she didn't have to throw a punch at her attacker, the tingles that were given off as her skin connected with those of the other made her realize that her mind was indeed already telling her not to worry.

"Miyoung, Miyoung, it's me." She recognized that voice anywhere. Even though she just grew accustomed to it for only a few days. She wouldn't forget it for the world. His hot breath tickled her sensitive ears as she snuggled deeper into his arms in a so called embrace.

Immediately she twisted in Chanyeol's arms  and hiked her legs on him, pushing him backwards a little while he stumbled back a bit, not at all expecting Miyoung to pounce on him. But her emotions were in a wreck as it slammed onto his heart in full force. The poor girl was frightened and terrified but yet still glad and grateful that Chanyeol was there. She wasn't even normally this bold!

She hugged him as if her life depended on it and it was the last time she ever got to hug him as she squeezed him tightly. She sighed against the crook of his neck as she inhaled his scent as he only whispered sweet nothings into her ears.

His presence alone was doing miracles to her fast beating heart.

"W-what happened to h-him..." Miyoung shut her eyes tightly and didn't make an effort to move out of his comforting grasp. Wet stains were adorning Chanyeol's blue shirt but he didn't mind because the thought of Miyoung crying had painfully constricted his heart in misery, let alone feeling and looking at her tear-streaked face.

Chanyeol didn't answer as he could only grunt his response, only to pull his mate flush against him even tighter. Sending warnings to his dad and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter