There's a first time for everything...( part I)

The Boss & I

A week had passed after Yunho had an meltdown in Jaejoong's apartment ,on his couch, and his neighbour slash friend had seen (Junsu) had seen them in an compromising position and had misunderstood the situation. The good news was, Jaejoong had cleared the situation that evening, and told him that there was nothing going on between him and his boss.

So that'd been a week ago, & yunho still had not told him the reason for his meltdown, and Jaejoong had not pushed him. Yunho'll tell him when he feels it's right. eenthough it irked Jaejoong, and took a lot of effort to not just ask, but he let it go anyway, begrudingly.

And the work load grew a lot past few days, that Jaejoong felt like he was not sleeping enough or at all. He felt sluggish somedays, the other days there would be dull headache which won't go away even if he had three cups of coffee throughout the day, which was way more than his daily dose. There was time when he was so addicted to coffeee, that he used to drink three to four cups of coffee in a span of mere two hours, it took him days to break that habit and days of unimpending headaches, when he finally stooped down to one coffee in the morning and one in the mid-afternoon.

So the point being that when he woke up Monday morning and found that his whole body ached and not even a warm shower could make any difference, he just brushed it off as weakness from endless meetings and late-nights he pulled to make some ends meet, and lack of sleep , nothing a good sleep of about 10-12 hours can't cure. He left for work, like he always did, hair groomed, a nicely washed and pressed black suit donned, with crisp white shirt.

The morning went uneventful, Jaejoong was quiet which was not unusual but he was too quiet throughout the morning, that people around him noticed the change. Couple of them questioned him if he was feeling alright and he answered timidly that he was just a bit tired.

The truth, however was that he was so tired that he couldn't for the love of God could move his body even from the chair. His body ached, it felt like pin and prickles all over his skin, even leaing back on the chair was proving to be hard. And he felt as if he was burning from the inside, but when he placed a hand on his own forehead  to check if he was coming down with fever, he found that his body was not warm, rather it was cool, and so he scratched the option that it might be fever. It must be work load he was sure, but then why did he feel so drained.

                                                                                                                ~

Jaejoong was typing a something on the laptop, his black-rimmed glasses perched on his button nose, side by side he was replying to some e-mails, deleting others, sorting some other things, and scribbling some important stuff on post-it notes and pasting them on the right pages, so that Yunho won't miss them. Some instructions here and there, and some things which he found were not correct, or suspicious he circled them. In short he was doing his damn job, when Yunho burst out of his office doors, ' Jaejoong, how come the XXX Enterprises last meetings reviews are missing from this file?', Jaejoong looked up through his lashes ,' Here-- I might have them somewhere here', Yunho reclined on his desk by Jaejoong's side as Jaejoong rummaged through the drawers muterring under his breath.

'While you're at it look at their financials too, I know we'd looked at them the last time we made a collaberation, but just to be on the safe side', Jaejoong nodded without looking up, and made an victorous noise when he found it,' There you go', he sighed handing the file to Yunho, Yunho cocked his head to the side and regarded Jaejoong for a while,' I'll pull up the financials, and mail them to you--', Jaejoong smiled tiredly at him and yunho knew in an instant that smething was not ight,' Are you ill?', he asked his hand already on Jaejoong's forehead, before he trailed his hand to Jaejoong neck,' You're a bit warm--have you come down with a fever?', touching and feeling his own forehead and then Jaejoong's.

'I'm fine', Jaejoong swatted Yunho's hand away when he extended his hand for the third time.

' Do you wanna go home? I can manage here without you for day--you can', Jaejoong shook his head,' I get off work in two-three hours anyway and I'm good', Yunho looked like he was going to retort but something about Jaejoong's expression might've stopped him,' Okay', he sighed,' You Stubborn Son of a---', When Jaejoong gave him a dirty glare, he smiled coyly,' Gun, I was gonna say Son of gun', he winked before making his way back to his office.

' Jerk', Jaejoong jabbed behind yunho's back, but he was smiling nonetheless.

' Hey bring me the XXX file too', came Yunho's voice through the intercom,' Let's tally the both---get over with it and call Kibum or Kyuhyun tell any of'em to come up---I wanna discuss it with them--I should just', Yunho was muttering by the end, so Jaejoong hanged up,' Yah?!', there was an indignant noise from the office, Jaejoong rolled his eyes, as he dialled for Kibum ,' Then talk to the point, and hang up after that', Jaejoong hollered back to the closed office door.

When he was assured kibum would be there ASAP , he took the file yunho asked for and stood up to give it to him, but a wave of dizziness washed over him,' Woah', he plopped back down on his chair, he shook his head, and stood up gingerly second time , and let out a sigh of relief when the world aroud him didn't seem like whirling around.

He knocked on the door twice before he let himself in, Yunho was on a call,' Yeah , that's even better, hmhmm, okay let's do that', he laughed at something the person on other line said and held out a hand for the file, Jaejoong padded towards him, set the file on his hand. The whole time, right since Jaejong had set his foot in the office Yunho was looking at him with an such a intensity that Jaejoong shivered internally. I mean who wouldn't when those sharp hazel eyes were on someone. And Jaejoong wouldn't even deny it, there was a time Jaejoong had fantasies about those hands, that body, that chiseled face, hovering over him, okay not really what he should be thinking right now. The bottom line Jaejoong knows Yunho is handsome, and it's not that he is unaffected by his charms, just that he has learned over a period of time to overlook them, like now.

Jaejoong sways a little, but hopes Yunho wouldn't notice, but ofcourse it didn't go unnoticed by him,he tries smiling , but Yunho is looking at him sternly,' Go Home', he mouths, and glares for a good measure.

When Jaejoong just smiles cheekily , Yunho puts a hand over the receiver to muffle his voice,' Jaejoong, go home, or you're fired', says yunho angrily,' And this is an order', he adds afterward . Jaejoong huffs, and stomps his way out of the office,' Fine, whatever'.

If Yunho might've smiled at the display of tantrum by his ever-so-often-professional-secretary then that's for only him to know.

                                                                                                 --------

' Hey--Are you going home?', Kibum asked his hand hovering over the door handle,Jaejoong shrugged,' Yeah, yunho's orders'.

' I mean, you do look kinda of pale, are you okay?', he asked concerned, Jaejoong smiled and waved,' Don't worry, 'M feeling fine', Kibum nodded and waved him goodbye, before going into yunho's office.

Jaejoong hoisted his bag on his shoulder and left his desk.

                                                                                                 ---------

It had not even been five seconds or something in their conversation, when they heard a commotion about something outside .

' Call 119', someone was shreiking.

Yunho stepped out of the office what it was all about, kibum followed his suit,' Omo, isn't that Jaejoong shii, Jaejoong shii?!', was it the delivery boy or some woman from another department, Yunho ddn't know, didn't care, it was the name that had him sprinting towards the elevator where two or three employees had gathered . He pushed them aside to get a good look inside the elevator where Jaejoong was passed out.

He stepped into the elevator, kibum watched this all bewilderingly as yunho jammed the ground floor button as if pressing it many times would make the door close faster and the lift descend faster. He crouched down beside Jaejoong and before any of them could see what he was doing the doors closed in their face. Kibum gaped at the closed elevator door, before a chuckle bubbled out of him, the others looked at him as if he'd gone crazy.

                                                                                                -----------

Yunho bent down , s his one arm around Jaejoong's waist, and the other under his knees and picked him up effortlessly.

The doors tinged open into the lobby and all the employees and staff present around gaped , and stood motionless as their CEO, rushed towards the main entrance, carrying a guy in bridal style,' Get my car', he ordered a very flustered guard, who nodded and ran out to bring Yunho's car around.

Some female employees even had a nerve to click pictures on their phones, but Yunho was not in the state of mind of caring or arguing . So he ignored it.

Still one or two other employees there had the conscience enough to berate those people.

Yunho lowered Jaejoong in the passenger seat gently, he ran to the driver side thanked the guard and swerved the car at inhuman speed on the road towards the hospital. He kept on glancing to his side from time to time to check on Jaejoong. He even clutched Jaejoong's clammy hand in his just for assurance, that he was there. He was so intent on driving , getting to the hospital fast and not getting in an accident on the way, that he missed the doe eyes that cracked open slightly. Jaejoong smiled softly, & relished in the warmth Yunho's hand was radiating. He watched the tensed form of Yunho, the determined set of his jaw, for a couple of minutes before it became too hard to keep his eyes open. Sighing, he closed his eyes,' Yunho', he croaked.

' Almost there Jae--Hold on', yunho said almost immediately, and squeezed his hand. Jaejong hummed.

Jaejoong thought he must be really sick hat he even forgot what he was going to say to Yunho. There was a smile on his face the rest of the way to the hospital.

As soon as the car screeched to a halt, Yunho was flying out of the door the next second. He opened the passenger door, and once again carried Jaejoong in bridal style. Jaejoong must've fallen asleep or something because he opened his eyes confusedly. When he saw Yunho rushing into the hospital with him in his arms, he didn't even have the energy to blush. But he also doesn't know what came over him, because the next second he carefully maneuvered his limp arms around Yunho's neck. Yunho was talking or was it shouting at the doctor, the nurses were trying to calm him down. A gurney seemed to appear out of nowhere, Yunho smiled down at him, atleast made an effort of smiling, as he leaned a bit ahead to place Jaejoong on the gurney carefully. But Jaejoong could see the worry etched on his face. As he was laid on the gurney, he caressed Yunho's face, mouthing ,' It's okay',as his gurney was pushed through a door.

It felt like an romantic movie cliche, he was pushed on a gurney, while Yunho was worrying and following the gurney. As if he was some chick who'd gotten into an accident and was about to get a surgery, & this might be the last time she'd see the main lead ever again, that was the last thought that ran through Jaejoong's mind, before something was pumped into him. He felt people moving around him , some rustling here and there, then he was pricked in the arm , it didn't even sting. They must've given him something really powerful for him to not feel anything, with that his breathing evened out and he succumbed to the oncoming darkness.

                                                                                                 ----------------

The next time when Jaejoong opened his eyes, he found himself on a hospital bed. He blinked a few times before he looked to his side where Yunho was sitting cross-legged on a chair , staring at him attentively. His rigid stance relaxed and a smile made way over his face, for now Jaejoong knew that he was safe, but he was in deep trouble, he'd have some questions to answer when they're alone. He was absolutely sure about it.

' How're you feeling?', he asked getting up, he'd taken his jacket off, & had folded his shirtsleeves, showing his slight tan and muscular forearms.

Jaejoong shook his head, averted his eyes to Yunho's face,' Good actually', he smiled, he tested the arm which had the IV attached to it, by clenching his fingers into a fist and releasing.

He was not really lying though, he felt a bit better than the afternoon.

He tried to look up at the content of the bottle, Yunho stopped his wriggling by placing a hand on his chest,' You'll have to stay for another hour or so--you've to finish the IV ', Jaejoong slumped defeatedly into the pillow,' I hate hospital', he grumbled.

Yunho just quirked an eyebrow ,' I'll go see the doctor, & get the prescriptions', Yunho laid his jacket near Jaejoong and stalked away in search of the doctor.

Jaejoong pouted and started playing with Yunho's jacket. A woman in her mid-fifties who was on the bed adjacent to him cleared , Jaejoong smiled at her,inclined his head in some sort of bow,' You're boyfriend is so nice--he was here by your side since the momenr they brought you here--never left your side, Ah must be nice to have such a handsome boyfriend who also has a good character', she sighed dreamily and smiled at Jaejoong approvingly.

Jaejoong spluttered,' He's not my boyfriend--', the woman waved a hand,' It's okay, you both are really cute together--', when it looked like Jaejoong was going to argue some more she cut im off affectionately,'and you can't lie to me young man; Which man brings another man in his arms like that & fusses over him', Jaejoong was just too shocked to come up wth a reply, yeah really that's what happened, he reasoned with his mind.

Before he'd say anything more, Yunho returned he glanced between the Ajhumma & Jaejoong, he smiled at her and took his original place by Jaejoong's bed,' We're free to go after half an hour', Jaejoong nodded but he kept getting distracted by the Ajhumma winking at him, and giving thumbs up not so subtly, thank God Yunho was intent on looking at him. Jaejoong is damn sure he even saw one female nurse, giggling in her hand and winking at him. What is wrong with the people in this hospital? 

Jaejoong made a frustrated noise, Yunho must've thought it was because of having to stay for another 30 minutes in the hospital, he placed his hand on Jaejoong's comfortingly. The Ahjumma beside him snickered gleefully, Jaejong ignored her and if he didn't move his hand for next 30 minutes it was nobody's business.

                                                                                    -----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi !!! My sincere apologies to all my lovely readers...it's been months right?

Well I didn't mean to keep u hanging...bt wht can I say---also this chap is much more longer( I've so much more to add)....I have to break it up into 2 parts. So wait for part 2???...n tell me how did u find this new update.

Also I tried to remend my mistakes...some readers had problem with my " &"s not fair T.T  ..... I just realised I really do use" & " a lot :( Oh well .

Lastly , to all my readers thanks 4 sticking up to this story---n bearing with me <33

@ anawahde :- Thnkx 4 d hilarious comment , it spurred me to update this chap :) Why r u still reading this ---I'm a babbling fool, Go comment guyz XDDD