[C H A P T E R T W E N T Y F O U R]

Being a Park

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

[C H A P T E R T W E N T Y F O U R]

Chanyeol woke up first before Baekhyun; he was awakened by his alarm. He sat in the hospital bed and started to stare at Baekhyun’s face.

“How could a man be this beautiful…?” Chanyeol thought as he touched Baekhyun’s cheek going to his lips. He feels the urge to kiss the older as he touch his soft and pinkish lips. Chanyeol examined Baekhyun, looking if he is going to wake up soon. But when he saw that he is still sleeping peacefully, Chanyeol leaned down and stole a kiss from Baekhyun. The kiss lasted for almost a minute without Chanyeol knowing.

When the boy opened his eyes, he’s surprised to see Baekhyun looking at him with a shocked expression. He immediately moved away while the newly awakened man has still not moved from his position, his cheeks is slowly getting red as time pass by.

“Ahm… I sorry for waking you up…” Chanyeol didn’t want to say sorry for the kissed he has stolen from his HUSBAND. He believes that he didn’t do anything wrong. It’s perfectly normal for a married couple.

Some thoughts such as “Do you love him?” is popping in his head but Chanyeol decided to set it aside, he is still unsure of what he feels for Baekhyun but he’s sure that he wants to be with him always.

“…It’s fine… Don’t worry…” Yeah, it’s perfectly fine…

Silence filled the room, no one talk for a while. Each of them is waiting for other to speak. Chanyeol looked up at the ceiling for nothing while Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol for seconds then decided to look at the window.

“So…”

“So…”

“You speak first…” Baekhyun said when they spoke at the same time.

“We’re going at my parent’s house then will head to you parents… They kinda want to talk about us… and you pregnancy of course… ” Chanyeol said with calm voice, he’s voice is still husky for he just woke up; it made Baekhyun fell for the taller more.

Baekhyun hadn’t said a thing. It’s a statement… It doesn’t really need answer… Besides I can’t think one too, he thought. But it looks like Chanyeol is waiting for his response.

“I’m fine with it… I have you beside me, right?” Baekhyun asked hesitatingly.
“Yeah. I’ll be with you… from now on…” Chanyeol replied softly.

“Stay here. I’ll just manage your papers for you to be discharge.” Chanyeol left so he doesn’t see Baekhyun’s pouting lip. He doesn’t want his husband to live him… alone.

Exactly 28 minutes had past but Chanyeol is still not there. Baekhyun is starting to worry about Chanyeol, thoughts of Chanyeol leaving them in the hospital and meeting Dara for a date is coming on his brain and it’s not helping the situation.

“Baek…? Why are you crying?” All of his worries gone the moment he heard that concerned deep voice. He looked up and saw Chanyeol’s worried face and he can’t keep it, he hug his Chanyeol.

“I thought you left…”
“I did. But I asked for your permission aren’t I?”
“Can you stand? Will be leaving this hospital now… You need some fresh air, you smurf.” Chanyeol teasingly added. He just doesn’t want to make Baekhyun nervous about meeting their parents. Baekhyun pinched his waist and Chanyeol just smiled.

 

Chanyeol is now driving while Baekhyun’s in the passenger seat. No one’s talking until they heard the growl from Baekhyun’s tummy. Chanyeol stopped driving and looked at Baekhyun with shocked expression.

“.”
“Yeah .” Baekhyun replied.
“You haven’t eaten and so is are baby… Wait a little more… There’s a fast food nearby, is that okay… for you and the baby…?” Chanyeol’s innocence about pregnancy made Baekhyun giggled but a weird feeling is flowing in him too. He just nodded and gave Chanyeol double thumbs up while smiling.

They had arrived to the said fast food, again Chanyeol left Baekhyun to buy their food but now Baekhyun feels no worry. Chanyeol doesn’t take too long. They set the foods in the car and Chanyeol started driving while Baekhyun feeding him, of course Baekhyun is eating too.

“We’re almost there…” Chanyeol said nervously and Baekhyun can’t help it but to be nervous too.
“They’re not angry about me being pregnant, right…?” Chanyeol nodded.

“The Parks.” Baekhyun teasingly said, lighting up their mood. If their family is still the same, for Baekhyun they are the brightest family he have ever met. Happiness can be feel the moment you step in their house.

 

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE IN THE CAR? DO YOU PLAN OF COMING IN OUR HOUSE PARK CHANYEOL AND YOU PARK BAEKHYUN?” No. She’s not angry. She’s excited. She really is.

They come out from the car with Chanyeol guiding Baekhyun. He’s confused of whether Chanyeol is doing this from his own will or just because they are at his parents’ house.

“Why are you asking some stupid question, mom?” Chanyeol said while walking towards her, Baekhyun at his side.

“Well, maybe you think of having a twin… I will respect it though…” Both of them blushed on what Mrs. Park said and she just laughed at the cute expression of the two. She gestured them to come in so they did.

They head to the dining room and there they saw, Park Yura, Chanyeol’s older sister and Mr. Park. They occupied the three available chairs, Chanyeol and Baekhyun sitting next to each other. Baekhyun hold Chanyeol’s hand under the table and squeezed it, the ambiance is bright but he’s still nervous, who wouldn’t be?

“You two are not doing something under the table, right?” Mrs. Park asked, mocking the two.
“You’re enjoying at making fun of us, huh.” Chanyeol kind of irritatingly said.

“Hey, hey, hey Mister Park C-h-a-n-y-e-o-l, you have no rights to be irritated if I am not mistaken I SHOULD be the one to be irritated. From what I remember, you TWO left us, yes. And now, you’re three, a famithree!” Mrs. Park stated. Baekhyun turned his head down because of embarrassment and he can’t look at them.

“Baek, it’s not for you, okay? That comeback is for my stupid son. But I’m not saying that your baby is a product of mistake… He or she is a blessing, a treasure that both of you should keep and take care.” Mrs. Park seriously said.

Everything became serious. Mr. Park faked a cough so the attention would turn to his and when he noticed that everyone is looking at him, he started to speak.

“Baekhyun, you being pregnant is fine with us. I know my son is going to be a good father and both of you will be a good parents. I just hope that you did the thing because of love and not lust. We will just be here guiding the both of you… If Chanyeol is not taking care of you just call me. I’ll punish him. He should know his limits now.” Baekhyun has no plan of saying anything to them; he thinks that it’s their problem to fix and not theirs.

Both of them nodded, Chanyeol’s just looking down something’s bothering him… He just started to take care of Baekhyun.

“Marriage is not a joke. Marriage is a commitment. It’s not just an involvement… It’s committing to each other. Don’t let the love disappear. Put God as your center.” Yura added. They just keep on nodding; all of what they said is true.

They eat and celebrate a little. They don’t plan on staying longer there because they need to go at Baekhyun’s parent.  They bid their good byes’ and then left.

 

“A while ago at the hospital…” Baekhyun started talking.
“Is that what are you trying to ask back there too?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded.

“Did… Did you… Did you kiss me while I’m sleeping? I-it’s not a big deal though.” Baekhyun uneasily asked. Chanyeol accidentally hit the brake and good thing that Baekhyun has a seat belt on him or he would hit his head.

“. I’m sorry. I… Yes. I did. Are we good now?” Chanyeol consciously asked.

“O-of course we’re good!”

Awkward.

 

 

“Mom...?” Baekhyun said while knocking at the door. No one open it until his fifth time.
“You finally came… I miss you so so so much.” Her mother hug him very tight and Chanyeol being the over protected man told them that it might affect the baby.

Mrs. Byun rolled her eyes but then released Baekhyun from her hug. They step in their house. Baekhyun is the only son… Baekhyun is the only child. Their family is not as bright as Chanyeol’s but his parents are the sweetest. They made Baekhyun believe that true love does exist.

Being the only child, they treat him as a diamond. Now that he is pregnant, Baekhyun is kinda looking forward at their reaction.

“Baekhyun, baby can I have a request?” His mother asked.
“As long as it’s fine…”
“Can I slap your husband… real hard?” She sweetly asked, Baekhyun don’t know what to answer so he look at Chanyeol to know if it’s okay.

“You can slap me, Mrs. Byun… Real hard.” Chanyeol said, and without a second, he felt the hard slapped of Mrs. Byun on his right cheek and after that Baekhyun’s mother mouthed ‘Thanks.’

“Are you okay…?” Baekhyun asked, concerned to his husband.
“I’m fine… Don’t worry.”

“That’s for making my son pregnant and not telling it us first!” Mrs. Byun’s tone is half serious half joking.

“Not because you two are married and living on the same roof you could already do such thing!”

Both of them just keep of mouthing sorry while heads down, hands holding each other, letting the words to sink in their head.

“Finish your study and have a decent job, okay? Chanyeol, I’m expecting you to act as a father and support them in everything.”

“What’s the issue all about? If it’s still about Baekhyun’s pregnancy, I’m out if here. But, I just want to congratulate you Chanyeol. You’re good at shooting huh? But I’ll give you some protections, okay? I don’t want this to happen again… well not now but in the future.”

“Do you want to sleep here?” Mrs. Byun asked them, they just looked at each other sending some signal and Chanyeol’s the one who answered the question.

“We have school tomorrow so; we need to go home…” He respectfully answered.

“I understand. Take care of my son, okay? See the doctor if needed… Please visit us more often too…” Mrs. Byun said.

 

They left and went home, it’s been a day for the both of them and they surely need some rest. It’s already night time and they are lying to their bed next to each other. No one wants to sleep at the moment, waiting for each other to speak.

“Chanyeol… Can I ask you a question?”

“Yeah…”

“Why do you suddenly care? It’s just because the baby…?” Baekhyun sounded sad… He doesn’t want to hear the answer… It may break his heart…

“It just came, you know? The urge to take care of you and the baby… to be with you every time… they just came… and I still don’t know why… Or maybe I know it already but I still don’t want to say it to you or to myself…”

“But what are we… Nothing?” Baekhyun asked again.

“We’re married… Starting a family. And we’re definitely a thing. There is something. Nothing is something, haha.”

“Some words doesn’t need to be spoken, Baek. You just need to feel it.” 

 

---------------------