[C H A P T E R O N E]

Being a Park

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

[C H A P T E R O N E]

 

“I’m leaving.” He doesn’t wait for my answer, as expected. That’s a statement not a question, dumb Byun.

 

I let out the sigh that I’ve been keeping. I woke up early to prepare breakfast for two. For two. From the start I knew that this would happen but I thought that maybe… maybe we could eat together… Just once.

 

Just once… I’m hoping, just hoping that one day we’ll go to school together while our hands interlocked to each other… Just once please look back at me…

 

My name is Byun Park Baekhyun. Married to the man named Park Chanyeol. We’ve been married for five meaningless months. We’re living in the same house, obviously but I can’t hide the fact that he treats me as nothing but a stranger.

 

I love him… too much. He’s my everything but I’m his nothing.

 

Every day I should be strong. I need to be strong and face the painful reality that life gave to me.

 

But he’s not really cold. He’s the “happy virus” of the group sometimes… I’m just different. He just treats me different.

 

We were best friends when we were young. He has a girlfriend back then when our grandparents announced that we are getting married. Why? I don’t know. Maybe he knows. He has to break up with his girlfriend whom he really loves. After that, he shows no affection to me. I do not exist in his world anymore.

 

I do not know if he had already moved on or he is still in love with his ex. I lost communication to him even though we are living in the same house.

 

I love him but he doesn’t know it. It’s hard to keep this feeling in order to save your friendship that is now broken.  I’m still keeping it because I’m afraid of being rejected. He doesn’t love me, it’s obvious.

 

He despised me.

 

I ruined his life, his dreams and his everything. I thought being married to him would be a dream come true… That finally, he’ll be mine. But this is a nightmare I didn’t wish to have.

 

Skipping breakfast is better that being ignored. I’ll skip.

 

I lazily stood up and start to fix myself. First period is almost finished and I’ll try to attend my second class.

 

I opened the door slowly not wanting to get caught. Want to smack my head for forgetting that math is our second subject and the teacher is terror. I should have just ditch this class and attend my third class.

 

I managed to go to my sit without the teacher seeing me. I deeply breathe and my seatmate looked at me. The name is Kai. Kim Jongin.

 

“You’re late… again.”

 

“Nothing is new.” I grinned at him. I searched for Chanyeol in the whole room and I saw him listening in what the teachers says. 

 

“So, what did you do in our English class?” I started the conversation with Kai.

 

“I slept and when I woke up it’s already math time. My apologies”

 

“We can be best buddies. That’s my favorite thing to do to!”

 

“Aren’t we friend right now?” He asked.

 

“Best buddies.” I corrected him. We laughed with a low voice. We don’t want to be in the detention after class. Who wants to be right?

 

“Okay. First let’s get to know with each other.” I nodded, agreeing in what he’s saying.

 

“Let’s eat together in lunch time.” I suggested. He agreed and after that we listened to our teacher.

 

Lunch time had arrived.

 

I fixed my things a get out. I saw Kai waiting for me outside of our room.

 

No one speaks while walking to the canteen. I’m busy for finding my Chanyeol. I succeeded in finding him. He is eating with his friends again.

 

Well, Chanyeol got some popularity and fans too. I want to be possessive but I don’t have the rights.

 

Drop it. I’m eating with Kai and I must be happy that I’m not alone today.

 

We had our foods and find a table.

 

“Let’s get to know with each other first. What’s your full name?” He asked.

 

“Park--- Byun Baekhyun. And you’re Kim Jongin, right?” I smiled nervously. I’m so stupid. No one should know that I’m married.

 

“So are you single?”

 

“Yes.”

 

=======