Sorry

Serenade me a Tomorrow

Do Kyungsoo's POV

The night went past in a blink of an eye as i stayed overwhelmed at how it felt to be perfect. I woke up as soon as the sun rose and was able to cook myself kimchi spaghetti without burning the kitchen. I was more than proud of myself even though a part of me said that even a normal person could do that with practice. 

*SUHO CALLING*

I looked at my phone, wondering how he had my number. "Hello?" I answered as Suho replied with a few sentences that was enough to wish i could turn back time. He kept muttering apologizes into the phone but each one stabbed me harder than the last.

I walked to school feeling soulless. It's okay though....It's really enough...This long is enough. It's not like he is going to love me back. I felt people in front of me part like the red sea as i felt footsteps coming towards me.

I looked up to find Jongin standing in front of me, messing his hair.

"Will you like me to treat you ice cream after school as an apology?" He asked, playing with his fingers as if embarrassed to ask in front of such a big crowd. The muttering grew around us as i nodded and flashed a smile at him. "Sure~" I could hear a girl near me muttering about my heart shaped lips. It made me wonder why they never noticed things like this before.

---

"What flavor do you want?" Jongin asked as i had a mental battle of flavors. "Green tea." I called out trying to sound sophisticated to him even though i preferred something sweeter like chocolate or strawberry. I raised an eyebrow as he looked at me shocked. "I thought you would have liked something sweeter.." He muttered, touching his nape, embarrassed. Well you're right. I smiled at him, not replying as he payed for the orders.

"You're right.." He muttered, sitting next to me as he looked down at his ice cream. "I should give up on Sehun." Why didn't you realize on that sooner?

My mind replayed Suho's words from the phone call, leaving me broken over and over again.

...

"I checked the data and i'm sorry to say this but you are also a failed product...

You don't have any super natural abilities like me but you won't be able to live

for a long time because the experiment has shortened your life span....

I'm sorry..

We are delivering a clock that will slow down it's ticking when you are about to die.

Once again... I'm sorry."