I

Serenade me a Tomorrow

Do Kyungsoo's POV

Watching you chatter with friends as i sit alone, yearning for company broke my heart. The way you laughed, covering your mouth made my lips twitch upwards. A finger poked my cheek, making me tear my gaze away from Jongin. "What are you looking at?" Baekhyun asked as i smiled softly avoiding the topic. I wasn't comfortable with telling anyone i was in love. Even if it was my best friend.

Baekhyun started talking about his boyfriend Chanyeol as i secretly listened to what Jongin was saying to his friends. "Sehun..." I heard Luhan mutter, daydreaming behind me. I could see from the corner of my eye that Jongin tensed. Everyone knew that Sehun was Jongin's ex-boyfriend. Everyone except for Luhan apparently since he kept daydreaming while saying the same name over and over again.Luhan also didn't need to know since Jongin wasn't in any of his classes.

The door opened blindly as Minseok stepped in, talking about some guy at the park before leaving with Luhan. "I have to go now." I heard Jongin mutter leaving his seat, ignoring the questions thrown at him. I quickly excused myself saying i had to help my mom at work, closely following Jongin. He abruptly stopped behind a bush staring at a man folding paper planes.

I watched Jongin's expression turn from blank to relief and sadness. "SE-" I cut him off, grabbing his hand. He looked at me shocked. "Can't you get over him already? He's probably dating Luhan right now and leading a happy life." I knew he would hate me from these harsh words but i didn't care.

"What about me? I'm slowly rotting away every second and you don't even spare a glance at me! Must i pour my heart out for you to understand?!" My tears flew down like an endless river as my vision blurred.

"Must i be like him? Do i have to act like that to gain love from you? Am i unable to replace him?" Endless questions flooded my mind but my voice got stuck in my throat. I looked up at him who was still looking at Sehun who was going to leave with Luhan. 

Jongin was about to step forward but i ran in front of him. "Can't you love me? Am i imperfect?" I could feel Jongin get annoyed as he pushed me away from him.

"I don't know who you are but you aren't allowed to speak of Sehun that way. He is perfect and the best i could ever ask for." His words crashed down on me as i cried even harder. He walked away, not following Sehun and Luhan anymore.

Leaving me alone again. Why must i be the one mustering up so much courage only to be broken over and over again? Why am i the only one feeling all this pain with no one to comfort me?

I wiped my tears but they kept coming down. How much more must i improve to gain your love?

I want to feel someone embracing me. Telling me it was alright to cry. Someone who will run to me asking if i was alright.

Was that too much to ask for?

I walked myself home, avoiding eyes of the people around me. I wiped all my tears away and came face to face with a poster. "Perfect humans.'" It read. "Are you not loved? Appreciated? Call us now and we are able to turn you PERFECT. But on one condition...We can't guarantee that you'll stay human. "