The Cliff

Life in High School
Please log in to read the full chapter

They were sitting pretty at number one in the standings. Four wins with one of them being too close for Donghae's liking. Winning by three was not how he liked to end his games. They played wel, but their opponent played better. He was just thankful that there were no scouts out that night. Not only was he worried about himself, but he was also worried about his teammates. Everyone wanted to play at the next level and that fell onto him. If he performed well, they would too. They were a team, a family. 

Donghae took his helmet off when coach blew the last whistle of the day and headed towards the locker room. The mood of the team was somber. It always was after a close game. As their captain, it was his job to reassure them, and he did. They would not have another close game like that. Not on his watch. 

When he got to the parking lot, his girl was lying on the hood of his Mustang. She was wearing those sassy little cut-offs with her hair in braids, a plaid shirt and cowboy boots. And she was the farthest thing from a cowgirl. But she was y as hell. He had to stop and stare at her for a minute, just to get the full effect. That girl right there was his and she was waiting for him. He smiled and cocked his head. 

"Whatcha doing, Sooyeon?" He feigned innocence as he stepped up to her. She winked at him as she slid off his car and into his arms. 

"You know the only thing you're missing is a hat?"

Her eyes raised and a cute little grin appeared. She was up to something. Jessica leaned forward and nuzzled her neck making him thankful that he took a shower after practice. 

"I have dinner for you."

Yes, his girl knew what he liked to eat. "Are your parents home?"

Jessica leaned back and slapped him across the chest, causing him to laugh. "What?"

"Really, Donghae? Is that all you think about?"

"Since I popped your cherry, yes. I'm a guy and I have a hot ing girlfriend who I happen to love and thoroughly enjoy being with, and she also happens to be standing here in a pair of shorts that are tempting me. They're so short and I can easily slide my fingers up your legs where I know you want me. Forgive me if my mind is in the gutter."

Jessica kissed him hard, running her hands through his still damp hair. "I made you dinner," she told him again, pulling away too soon. She rested her forehead against his briefly. "There's a picnic basket in the back, I thought we could go to the Cliffs and watch the sunset."

"I'd like that." She did not know how much her d

Please log in to read the full chapter